Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scar_Tissue

For those who think they can't get a significant other

You could also stop worrying about "getting" a significant other and just let life happen... I find that possessive attitude towards romance kind of repugnant.

You could also stop worrying about "getting" a significant other and just let life happen... I find that possessive attitude towards romance kind of repugnant.

Especially when you're in High School.

My best memories from that age were hanging out with FRIENDS,not boyfriends.

Especially when you're in High School.

My best memories from that age were hanging out with FRIENDS,not boyfriends.

My first boyfriend was when I was 15 but he hung out with my friends anyway.

I wasn't looking for him anyway, in fact I was hanging out with my friends and he just appeared and said hi. I was with him till I was 18.

Life is for living, not worrying about boys :)

Just because a person has acne...DOES NOT make them ugly.

Never said it did.

You said it 'Yeah but it also pisses you off a bit. I'd rather see a good looking girl with a good looking guy' When somebody mentioned a girl with a guy with acne.

So you kinda did, that's pretty cruel.

Remember..it's the person inside!

xx

that's pretty cruel.

xx

Sure it is :rolleyes:

I for one have thought certain guys were not attractive,but as I started hanging out with them as FRIENDS and realized how awesome they were,they became more attractive in my eyes. Relationships normally start off as friendships,right?

I have met many guys and gals who can agree with me. I have also met people that couldn't look past certain things.

I'm really not going to sugar coat things and say 'It's all about what's on the inside!" cos' for some people,the outside of their partner very much matters.Whether we think it's right for them to think that way or not.

Some folks are going to think you're ugly if you have acne.It's just the way it is. However, if you keep a positive attitude going, you'll eventually get noticed by the people who CAN look past it or who are not bothered by it.

Don't let the shallow ones bring you down.They're never going to go away.You just have to learn to be happy with yourself despite them.

that's pretty cruel.

xx

I for one have thought certain guys were not attractive,but as I started hanging out with them as FRIENDS and realized how awesome they were,they became more attractive in my eyes. Relationships normally start off as friendships,right?

I have met many guys and gals who can agree with me. I have also met people that couldn't look past certain things.

I'm really not going to sugar coat things and say 'It's all about what's on the inside!" cos' for some people,the outside of their partner very much matters.Whether we think it's right for them to think that way or not.

Some folks are going to think you're ugly if you have acne.It's just the way it is. However, if you keep a positive attitude going, you'll eventually get noticed by the people who CAN look past it or who are not bothered by it.

Don't let the shallow ones bring you down.They're never going to go away.You just have to learn to be happy with yourself despite them.

That's exactly my point though? would you date a man you found attractive if he was an absolute waste of space?

(I did once and it got me nowhere...he didn't stop being a waste of space, he just continued to irritate me)

A balance needs to be met, if the person has no substance what is the point in dating them at all?

Shallow people have no substance, so it is no loss to anybody.

Acne should not rule your life, needless to say it is ruining peoples lives.

Good luck to everybody, be yourselves, you'll meet somebody worthy of YOU.

:)

xx

Edited by Hello_Kitty_89

I agree with you, sir. That's a very mature attitude you've got there.

Edited by Lapis lazuli

that's pretty cruel.

xx

I agree, I wasn't attracted to this guy at all and now we're best friends and kindaseeing each other.The more I saw his personality the more attracted he became to me romantically. It turns out he thinks hes pretty good looking cuz he said I was the only girl to turn him down and he was surprised. This just shows beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Another point is, when I would be breaking out I wouldn't want him to see me but hes my roommate so he sees all of me, bare faced and such, then told me he always thought I was beautiful, even when we had outdoor rec together and I thought I always looked like shit. :)

Guest Timehealsall

damn, i think im the only one that hasent gone near a girl for ages.

that's pretty cruel.

xx

You sure do have a chip on your shoulder :(

would you like a hug?

lol

x

I wouldn't say no to a hug ;)

This thread is funny!

I dunno, I've never have a boyfriend or anything. I blame it on myself, being so insecure (about everything!) or maybe I really am super ugly haha. Now that my face has cleared up some I'm happier, still no boyfriend. Quite frankly I don't care, I don't know maybe I just appreciate my being alone? If someone comes along then great but I'm not hunting around for it and I won't determine my happiness based on if I'm in a relationship or not.

There's someone out there for everyone! I truly believe that, though saying 'soul mates' to me is pushing it. Just let your personality shine through, be as confident as you can and BAM! you're golden. :cool: It's way more of a confidence/great personality thing than physical attractiveness.

most often people judge each other base on their looks before they get to know the personality. thats how i see it base on my life. getting into relationship is HARD for me because i feel that they are too good for me and im not worth it i guess. also when i talking to them they seem to be more focus on my face than the conversation. its also hard for me to make friends cuh i can tell that they're judging me ( appearance).

A lot of people, even without acne think that being able to attract someone is all based on looks. It's all about the personality and confidence, although looks do play a small role. I see guys and girls with acne all the time with boyfriends and girlfriends, some even looking better than the other. Some people just care about looks. If you have acne, and you're hot and have a horrible personality, they'd still date you just because of your looks. It all depends on the person. I'm just starting to realize this now the more confidence I gain back. I know it's hard because some of us let this hold us back from a lot and we feel like it's making us ugly, but we're our own worst enemy. Just try to keep that in mind. Hope I helped somewhat.

Also, some people are really superficial regarding "the person" too. With which I mean that they "love" you as long it's "always fun" to be around you. As long you're always telling jokes and you're never in a bad mood...then you are "worthy of their time". But once that changes for only one moment they go " :rolleyes: You're boring. We're through.". :lol:

I'm sorry, it seems I'm posting a bit of a rant. *Gets himself together*

This is so TRUE.

I think it doesn't only apply to a relationship but also friendship. People change. I was once a person who always told jokes and was a good mood. People love me. Now that I change, friends and I are not that close again as I felt like I'm not a fun person to be with.. Emptiness consumes me whenever I think of the fact that I don't have friends. It hurts like hell.

How do you guys deal with it?

Edited by lameleah

Also, some people are really superficial regarding "the person" too. With which I mean that they "love" you as long it's "always fun" to be around you. As long you're always telling jokes and you're never in a bad mood...then you are "worthy of their time". But once that changes for only one moment they go " :rolleyes: You're boring. We're through.". :lol:

I'm sorry, it seems I'm posting a bit of a rant. *Gets himself together*

This is so TRUE.

I think it doesn't only apply to a relationship but also friendship. People change. I was once a person who always told jokes and was a good mood. People love me. Now that I change, friends and I are not that close again as I felt like I'm not a fun person to be with.. Emptiness consumes me whenever I think of the fact that I don't have friends. It hurts like hell.

How do you guys deal with it?

The fact that you recognize that surprises me as most of the time when I say what I think people go :rolleyes: or :eh: .

:lol:

But really, I'm the kind of person who's comfortable "alone". I'd rather be by myself than to be with people who don't appreciate me for me. And there's a whole bunch of people like that around. ;) There's plenty of people who do, though. But I think Iggy Pop said that loneliness is a constant problem for everyone to a degree. And I think that's true. I mean a lot of the times when you see people who have a lot of friends, seemingly... Those people can feel lonely too, you know? And 8 out of 10 people they call friends...aren't real ones anyway, often enough. I've heard so many people say they "lost a lot of friends" once they had gotten a divorce, for instance. They hung out with friends of friends whom they called friends but weren't friends to begin with! :lol: But they all went away once the mutual friend they had stopped being a mutual friend, so... I mean that e.g. is not a real friend. A real friend is "for better or worse" and not just "for better".

I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time, Leah. :comfort:

Eh. Does acne have an effect? HELL YES IT DOES!! It's ugly, I'm not going to lie. Would I rather date a girl with acne or one with perfect skin? Obviously the perfect skin. Acne sucks, it's not attractive lol..

But then there's the second part. Personality and confidence. Oh my god it's important. Would I rather date someone with a little acne but an awesome personality/confidence or a stuck up b*tch with a perfect complexion? Obviously, the first one.

Personality/confidence prevails over everything, but acne definitely does hurt your first impression. It's on your face...I mean it's one of the first things people see. So, if you have it, then you pretty much have to outshine people with your personality to come off as likeable. You're not completely screwed if you have acne, but it's definitely not doing you any favors

The fact that you recognize that surprises me as most of the time when I say what I think people go :rolleyes: or :eh: .

But really, I'm the kind of person who's comfortable "alone". I'd rather be by myself than to be with people who don't appreciate me for me. And there's a whole bunch of people like that around. ;) There's plenty of people who do, though. But I think Iggy Pop said that loneliness is a constant problem for everyone to a degree. And I think that's true. I mean a lot of the times when you see people who have a lot of friends, seemingly... Those people can feel lonely too, you know? And 8 out of 10 people they call friends...aren't real ones anyway, often enough. I've heard so many people say they "lost a lot of friends" once they had gotten a divorce, for instance. They hung out with friends of friends whom they called friends but weren't friends to begin with! :lol: But they all went away once the mutual friend they had stopped being a mutual friend, so... I mean that e.g. is not a real friend. A real friend is "for better or worse" and not just "for better".

I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time, Leah. :comfort:

Aww you are so nice :D Thanks Lapis! Frankly, I feel a lot better after reading your reply, especially after seeing your comfort emoticon.. ahhaaha a bit weird of me, but I just felt warm :lol:

Seriously, I think you got a point in every sentence you wrote and I totally feel you. Like a real friend is for better or worse. I almost forget it. Thanks for bringing that up and the meaningful quote that re-define my perspectives in many ways. :hifive:

I'm glad you feel comfortable being alone. As a matter of fact my sister does too. I never understand how she can deal with it. But I just leave her as long as she is happy. I guess it's also some kind of luck, as I never feel easy being alone by myself.. Guess I'll have to start learning that today.

Let me give you a hug too. Okay no hug emoticon. Comfort is fine right? :comfort:

Edited by lameleah

that's pretty cruel.

xx

You sure do have a chip on your shoulder :(

would you like a hug?

lol

x

I wouldn't say no to a hug ;)

*hugs* :)