Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mike4311

Chicken pox scar- EXCISION treatment(Pic-Result POSTED)

Guest Timehealsall

LMFAO, so are you saying that its better to have multiple scars + acne, instead of flawless skin and one scar? are you fucking serious?

LMFAO, so are you saying that its better to have multiple scars + acne, instead of flawless skin and one scar? are you fucking serious?

Did I say that? I'm giving a different perspective. There's no need for such profanity and the negative tone. Just because you're suffering from scars, making you feel ugly and bitter, doesn't mean we have to suffer for it.

Trolling this thread isn't helping you or anyone for that matter so redirect the attitude.

This will be my last post to you since I'm just feeding your troll-ism.

Ref, thanks...I hope so.

Edited by bameano

c'mon guys lol

make love not war

so uhm about my scar

bameano is your line thinner then mine ?

or just as thick or ?

you should also post a picture of yours

if u want haha

Edited by Ref

A reminder of the board rules is in order here. Constant profanity isn't allowed. Neither is baiting or name-calling or bullying. If someone has a visible scar he's concerned about, it is NOT YOUR PLACE TO DENIGRATE IT. Back off and go away. Thanks muchly. Henceforth, warnings will be issued.

you should also post a picture of yours

if u want haha

I might after the contact dermatitis goes away. It looks bad..blister, redness/discoloration, swelling/irritation, scaly, and peeling. It's a shame that I had an allergic reaction to either the glue or prep. I think it might be the prep because the glue was taken off and I still have the irritation and the underlying tissue is sensitive...the skin is so delicate and irritated..never had nothing like it before.

Though I'm quite fond on how the doctor made my accidental scar less noticeable. The fine incision and stitching was well done..it's just a hint of a line, very thin but more inwards before it was a bit hypertrophic.

YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY GET THAT SCAR EXCISED AGAIN BY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING BEFORE HAVING DERMABRASION !! Because dermabrasion will make a scar which has opened up again look much worse by making it wider.

I second another revision. Some doctors would advise doing so while it's fresh or about after a year to avoid excess scar tissue.

I know cost is a factor but since you already paid...the doctor took out the stitches too soon so he should do a correction.

If there's a second revision, I would advise the doctor to stitch tightly upturn because of the history of a depression along with steri-strip used vertical to ease the tension and prevent reopening.

Dermabrasion doesn't always widen scars and their would be no point here. I think it was intentionally meant, awaiting, a hypertrophic thin/line scar but that was not the case here.

I just wanted to update my condition with Ref..a bit hijacking this thread. :)

The irritation or allergic reaction (contact dermatitis) has subsided some. The only thing that could be done with that is to leave it alone, use cortisone if need be (which I did but use caution because it is a steroid, even though mild, and can effect the healing of scar revision). What I found great to help with the blister, irritation, pimple like and hard bums, redness, and relief is from Pomada De Arnica, it did a lot more than the cortisone...I'm just amazed by it.

@bameano im glad you's is healing great

damn it this is so disapointing

i'll talk to him about it but i really really hope

i wont need to pay another $200 or even more for it

bameano, could you explain ur step again in full details ?

so far i got:

doctor put sittches, then glue and then steri strip

you left the steri strip on for 24 hours

then you cleaned it with peroxide, apply bacitracin/vaselin

and put another steri strip over it

and were doing this everyday until the stitches came off

is that right or ?

@bameano im glad you's is healing great

damn it this is so disapointing

i'll talk to him about it but i really really hope

i wont need to pay another $200 or even more for it

bameano, could you explain ur step again in full details ?

so far i got:

doctor put sittches, then glue and then steri strip

you left the steri strip on for 24 hours

then you cleaned it with peroxide, apply bacitracin/vaselin

and put another steri strip over it

and were doing this everyday until the stitches came off

is that right or ?

Actually it goes like this. After the excision/incision (I would also ask him to do upturn stitching btw), they place a glue/adhesive then apply the steri-strip right on top so it'll stick...it stays on until the stitches comes off in a full week. They told me that they hardly have patients with the strip coming off but in my case I had an allergic reaction with some oozing, facial hair growth, oily skin, and placement was at an area with lots of moments which is why mine came off. Keeping it dry for the first day 24 hours and then after shower soap and water but not to get it damp too longer...that's about it..not peroxide/vaseline or anything of that nature.

It was his recommendation and observation to take the stitches out too early...his work which he needs to correct. It's understandable he could charge a marginal fee.

Also, maybe something to think about. I've seen photos of a patient with a forehead scar revision that was hardly visible. He had botox a day before the surgery which prevented movement therefore providing optimum healing.

Edited by bameano

No I didnt talk to him yet,

But im pretty sure he'll charge me the full amount again but oh well

I'll tell him to do it your way, stitches, glue, steri-strip

by full week, so you were left with the stitches for 7 whole days ?

Even if it's $200... I think i'll jus go for it again.. i was tryna be really optimistic

but lets face it, this shxt looks worse

usually all my money goes on girls and my car

and lately, i been ignoring both of em so might as well just get this done

since it's gonna be there for the rest of my life...

Edited by Ref

Yes full seven days.

It was initially planned that I do Scition laser right after the stitches were taken out. It would promote faster healing...preventing wound from opening, blend line, but my skin wasn't ideal candidate for it.

Edited by bameano

atleast ur's is a thin line bameano, i would give anything for that

also what is upturn stitching ? i tried to google it, and cant find any results.

i went to a foam party yesterday(soapy bubbles all over my scar) and also

one of the girl i was dancing with, she tryed to grab me and accidently poked my scar

or something like that, ouchhh

now it kinda stings.. but oh well

I decided, I'm gonna get a excision on it again

Edited by Ref

I cringed a bit hearing that. I could imagine it stung being from the detergent and aggravation.

Anyways, the grass is not always greener on the other side. The rash, discoloration, texture, and hard-ish bumps aren't gone. The allergic reaction, contact dermatitis, is looking like folliculitis. I don't want to be seen in public with it. It's debilitating to a degree. The thin line looks like a scratch from a nail or razor blade. If I just only that I would be so happy but now I have another issue to deal with and its been post op. 2 weeks now.

Brah how's it going? Decided on anything yet?

I went to the Dermatologist today and he prescribed me Hydrocortisone .2%. I'm guessing that's stronger than the Hydrocoritisone maximum strength OTC. Also, he questioned why my PS doctor needed to apply the adhesive and steri-strip since the stitches should have suffice the closure. Anyhow, just be careful if you're allergic to those things along with, if any, prepping solution.

My revision would look great but the rash is making it look far times worst before the revision.

funny how you mentioned,

I JUST got back from my derma

he used something on it just now, i think its a filler/collagen support or something

he's just getting it ready for dermabrasion

i mentioned to him about the excision again and he said that's also an option but it's best

we wait atleast 2 - 3 months and see how it turns out, we might not even need to do it again.

so i said okay thats fine, right now he's just doing little things and i only gotta pay office visits which is $10.

by 2 months, i will also be built up on CP so im sure the surgery will go alot better (if i need to)

im not gonna question your PS, i'll tell me derma do exacly what your PS did, as long as it works well i got no question lol

i wish i could be in your shoe right now bameano, atleast you'll know urs will heal and look great

me on the other hand, got alot to worry about

best of luck !

funny how you mentioned,

I JUST got back from my derma

he used something on it just now, i think its a filler/collagen support or something

he's just getting it ready for dermabrasion

i mentioned to him about the excision again and he said that's also an option but it's best

we wait atleast 2 - 3 months and see how it turns out, we might not even need to do it again.

so i said okay thats fine, right now he's just doing little things and i only gotta pay office visits which is $10.

by 2 months, i will also be built up on CP so im sure the surgery will go alot better (if i need to)

im not gonna question your PS, i'll tell me derma do exacly what your PS did, as long as it works well i got no question lol

i wish i could be in your shoe right now bameano, atleast you'll know urs will heal and look great

me on the other hand, got alot to worry about

best of luck !

Oh wow..I'm just now realizing you went to a Derm and not a PS. I didn't know Derm would do strictly cosmetic procedure such as a scar revision.

Really you don't want what I'm having. It looks like a really bad sunburn and the texture of carpet. It's not something to be seen with in public. Even the Derm and nurse felt sorry that I went in for a procedure to look better but ended up looking worst. Anyways, the cost and drug included was $3.

The PS initially charged $250 but I only paid $100. I was not happy with the aftercare service rendered. The nurse made it out like it was my fault that I had an allergic reaction and only was told to put vaseline on it which made the situation worst. Plus, I had to take out my own stitches because their office closed due to weather so no cost to them since I did that. My derm said it'll be around 2 weeks before this rash goes away. It's already been 2 weeks and 2 days since I had this done.

well hopefully the medicine will work.

you only payed $100 ?

how did u do that ? were you like im not happy and

i refuse to pay full price or something like that ?

i should try that with my derm ahah...

well hopefully the medicine will work.

you only payed $100 ?

how did u do that ? were you like im not happy and

i refuse to pay full price or something like that ?

i should try that with my derm ahah...

To be honest, I'm not sure how that happened. I was told to pay $100.00 after I got it done and the cashier/receptionist said something, not really sure what she said cause she said it really quickly, and she scheduled me an appointment to take stitches out so maybe then there could have been another payment but as you know I seen them before that because of the allergic reaction later taking out my own stitches due to the office being closed on my app. date. Hey, I guess it leveled out. allergic reaction and staff over site therefore less cost. lol...

Guest Timehealsall

yo bameano, do you have a similar scar to ref?

If this shit works for you guys, maybe ill work for some of my acne scars?

I'm going to have to go back to the Derm. My contact dermatitis situation isn't resolving. I believe the condition, which is a really bad and very red rash with blistered that died down but its texture still linger, is prolonging the healing along with steroid application. I can see a slight indented line like someone took a nail and slashed me with it and the track marks from stitches still aren't filling it...it's been three weeks and still looks horrible.

Ref how are you doing?

hmmm, yea i think it is a good idea to see a derm

or who ever that didn't do your excision,

get someone else's opinion beside your ps

Mine is going pretty good actually, i mean MUCH better then before.

the indent filled up alot and is now as indented as it was before the surgery

I still have lines from stitches but Im not worried about that

I got really worried last week and went to see my derm,

he said stitches scar will dissapear completely,

and that I should just wait for the indent to start filling up more because it will.

He also injected a collagen boost product or something

He said "Dermabrasion on this will improve it significantly"

I'm just trying to believe his words for now, if it works then great, if not then oh well i'm doing it again in couple months.

Dermabrasion is schdueled on Feb 4th

Supplements:

Super COP Serum, Jeune D Age Serum

experimenting with dermaroller once a week (result 1 - not bad actually)

Edited by Ref