Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rugged Rat

Need help with needling

Hello fellas,

I suffered from cystic acne from last years fall to this years spring, and it radically changed my life, the way I see myself and the world. It made me feel like I'm a monster and thanks to it I lost my friends and life. I want to get rid of my scars or at least improve them enough so that I can see myself in the mirror and not only the scars. I don't want to see my scars and remember everything I went through. I can't believe that modern medical science hasn't found a cure for something as simple as acne scars. And I can't believe how society treats sick people. I feel angry, betrayed, worthless and like I've lost a change to have a normal, healthy social life. This might sound weird, but it's true.

I have read through this forum for a good time, I joined more than a half year ago, and I want to start needling my scars. I know this will take time, but I don't have money to go to dr. Khan, now, and there are no doctors in my country who does subscision. My derm suggested me non ablative lasers, though. Haha, can you imagine?

My hell left me with many scars, some mild, moderate and severe. On the avarage my scarring is moderate. I feel like it's severe, but I think it's more like moderate. I have some scars that are white as snow, some which are still red or purple and the rest are pretty much skin colored. Most of them looks like box scars (sharp edges), rolling scars, a couple of raised scars and the rest looks like a worm has eaten my skin, linear scars?

I'm going to post before and after pictures after there happens some change till the end of my treatment. I'm going to post them on this topic or I'm going to put them to a blog on this site or both, I don't know. Anyway I'm going to post pictures when they will be for help for others in this situation.

Before this I need help to choose supplies. What kind of needles do I need? Where do I get a needle stopper? Can I buy this stuff from the pharmacy? Could someone post a picture of these kind of needles? Also, where can I buy 70% alcohol to clean the needles?

I am begging for help, please answer if you have any information or if you are doing needling yourself. Thank you, thank you, thank You

First of all, if you have many scars then go for the derma stamp instead of individual needling. It's basically the same thing but the stamp is more efficient. Secondly I recommend buying a new stamp/needles after each treatment instead of worrying about cleaning procedures etc...that will only delay you treating your scars even further. It's extremely inexpensive anyway. Thirdly, buy some acetone wipes and saline wipes. Don't bother with bottles, wipes are so much more convenient. Good luck.

I strongly believe in a device called the derma roller. i have bought two rollers, a .5mm and 1.0 mm which helped me out tremendously. the .5mm ones are for light scarring and the 1.0mm are for deep scarring, i have both. so i bought both of them on ebay, crazy i know, for $20 a piece and they are the identical ones dermatologists use! my scarring has decreased so much using this tool!! i have been at it for about a few months on and off, and it works!! please give it a shot its well worth the investment plus its a natural way to heal the skin:) here's a picture of my exact derma roller ...

post-142986-1293681184_thumb.jpg

I'm interested in self needling too and since i have like 5 scars i would like to treat them individually, so i was wondering if accupuncture needles could work?

Also, how deep should a needle enter the skin so that it can be effective in treating scars?

For pics of rollers and stamp check this site http://www.jglobalsales.com/wholesale/inde...dex&cPath=1

Like someone mentioned already, the stamps seem to work better and you can target scars better with them than a roller. Trust me, I'm a real veteran in this forum.

Alec Eiffel, acupuncture needles won't really work because they tend to be very flexible. I have a bunch of them I bought but never used because scar tissue can be very hard, this made the damn needles bend and never really penetrate well. Just get yourself a small needle stamp and save yourself and a ton of time trying to needle with an acupuncture needle.

I strongly believe in a device called the derma roller. i have bought two rollers, a .5mm and 1.0 mm which helped me out tremendously. the .5mm ones are for light scarring and the 1.0mm are for deep scarring, i have both. so i bought both of them on ebay, crazy i know, for $20 a piece and they are the identical ones dermatologists use! my scarring has decreased so much using this tool!! i have been at it for about a few months on and off, and it works!! please give it a shot its well worth the investment plus its a natural way to heal the skin:) here's a picture of my exact derma roller ...

Your comments appear SO FAKE! I saw the comment you posted in the other needling topic, stop advertising. And don't say 'oh I'm not advertising I havent mentioned any brand' but you pretty much are. There is a range of dermarollers for 20 dollars on EBAY.

"so i bought both of them on ebay, crazy i know, for $20 a piece and they are the identical ones dermatologists use! my scarring has decreased so much using this tool!! i have been at it for about a few months on and off, and it works!! please give it a shot its well worth the investment plus its a natural way to heal the skin:) here's a picture of my exact derma roller ..." - Could be said on an infomercial and you wouldnt pick the difference.

On a side note, I am planning on stamping my scars in 2011 but from every reliable source Ive read and watched, those cheap pieces of shit rollers on ebay can do more damage then good. Invest in a whitelotus or dr roller and try to avoid ebay in my opinion unless youre getting a dr roller (i think they sell on ebay). Don't go for something just because it's cheap and don't get your head wrapped around this whole FDA approved and THIN needles and MORE NEEDLES. The roller concept is FDA approved, the FDA doesnt approve brands, THIN needles are prone to blunting, breaking and catching onto the skin and there's no strong evidence that those rollers with a bit more needles do a great deal more thne the ones with few but that's still up there.

And no i'm not advertising for dr roller and whitelotus, they're just the two brands that APPEAR to be genuine.

everyone has a right to their opinion! i just stated mine, not advertising. and by the way my rollers work great! these things aren't cheaply made and i inspect the needles before i use the device to ensure proper function. plus you say that the rollers don't work, then how do you explain my decrease in scarring, since i used the rollers? just something to think about.

hahaha you're a joke. The way you put everything has advertisement all over it. I INSPECTED, are you from the fda to say that these needles are up to scratch? I never said those cheap rollers don't work, I said they can do more damage then good because of how shitty they are.

More experienced scar sufferers and users will know what i'm talking about but your talk would definitely influence newbies.

Thank you all for the fast replies!

the only place I have many scars on one area is my right temple. It's like there aren't much healthy skin left. Then I have mostly light scarring on my forehead, plus around 5 moderate scars. I have light and moderate scars on my left temple too, but there are more healthy skin between them than on the right temple plus they aren't as deep as on the right side. On my left cheek I have some light scars and one moderate scar and on my right cheek I have more light to moderate scarring. Then I have one big and severe scar on the right side of my face which is long (7-8cm, and 05-2cm wide), partly raisen and partly moderately deep. Plus I have some, mostly light scars, here and there.

Overall my skin looks rough and rugged though I have mostly moderate and light scars. Except on mornings and some lights which makes me paranoid in public places... :ohno:

So knowing my scarring, wouldn't it be easier to needle with one needle one scar at the time? This would probably take a hour or two, but I would needle is only once in five weeks.

Wouldn't I hurt my healthy skin if I roll over it with needles?

hahaha you're a joke. The way you put everything has advertisement all over it. I INSPECTED, are you from the fda to say that these needles are up to scratch? I never said those cheap rollers don't work, I said they can do more damage then good because of how shitty they are.

More experienced scar sufferers and users will know what i'm talking about but your talk would definitely influence newbies.

If these rollers are so bad, can you tell me the actual damage that is being done using these "rollers", with facts to back it up?

Rugged Rat, I also have some of the most severe scarring concentrated on my right temple. I also have light scarring on my left temple I don't even care about the scarring on the left temple.

Let me be honest, scars on the forehead and temple area don't respond as well as scars say on the cheekbone area. This doesn't mean you won't see improvement, it just means it will take more time.

I really don't mind my scarring that much on the temple areas because I can just sort of cover it with the hair down.

You can try using individual needles like you mentioned. Eventually, if you try a needle stamp you'll probably think why didn't I try one before instead of wasting time with individual needles.

Your comments appear SO FAKE! I saw the comment you posted in the other needling topic, stop advertising. And don't say 'oh I'm not advertising I havent mentioned any brand' but you pretty much are. There is a range of dermarollers for 20 dollars on EBAY.

"so i bought both of them on ebay, crazy i know, for $20 a piece and they are the identical ones dermatologists use! my scarring has decreased so much using this tool!! i have been at it for about a few months on and off, and it works!! please give it a shot its well worth the investment plus its a natural way to heal the skin:) here's a picture of my exact derma roller ..." - Could be said on an infomercial and you wouldnt pick the difference.

On a side note, I am planning on stamping my scars in 2011 but from every reliable source Ive read and watched, those cheap pieces of shit rollers on ebay can do more damage then good. Invest in a whitelotus or dr roller and try to avoid ebay in my opinion unless youre getting a dr roller (i think they sell on ebay). Don't go for something just because it's cheap and don't get your head wrapped around this whole FDA approved and THIN needles and MORE NEEDLES. The roller concept is FDA approved, the FDA doesnt approve brands, THIN needles are prone to blunting, breaking and catching onto the skin and there's no strong evidence that those rollers with a bit more needles do a great deal more thne the ones with few but that's still up there.

And no i'm not advertising for dr roller and whitelotus, they're just the two brands that APPEAR to be genuine.

Are you kidding? He just mentioned he bought it on ebay. He didn't even mention a brand or seller.

If anyone appears to be promoting a brand here is you. You have mentioned the whitelotus crap many times already.

Yes, I'm new to posting here, but I've been reading for several years.

I checked this "amazing" brand you keep mentioning so much. Guess what, it is nothing special, just a rebranded generic Chinese import. Nothing wrong with that, but it's obvious your promoting it and thinking no one will notice is dumb. I purchased a two of these even before those whitelotus websites existed, exactly the same so don't tell me this whitelotus rebrand is something special.

Plus this re-brand is overpriced. Only a sucker will buy at the price.

Dr Roller is a good, but there are great quality perfect "copies" available. I say "copies" because I'm not sure it's just rebranded too. I've purchased directly from a Korean company, which later offered me a new Korean model and to my surprise I had already purchased that model a previous year from a Chinese company.

So at least admit you have some connection with lotus.

You're also from Australia, just like the company... just too many coincidences.

Are you kidding? He just mentioned he bought it on ebay. He didn't even mention a brand or seller.

If anyone appears to be promoting a brand here is you. You have mentioned the whitelotus crap many times already.

Yes, I'm new to posting here, but I've been reading for several years.

I checked this "amazing" brand you keep mentioning so much. Guess what, it is nothing special, just a rebranded generic Chinese import. Nothing wrong with that, but it's obvious your promoting it and thinking no one will notice is dumb. I purchased a two of these even before those whitelotus websites existed, exactly the same so don't tell me this whitelotus rebrand is something special.

Plus this re-brand is overpriced. Only a sucker will buy at the price.

Dr Roller is a good, but there are great quality perfect "copies" available. I say "copies" because I'm not sure it's just rebranded too. I've purchased directly from a Korean company, which later offered me a new Korean model and to my surprise I had already purchased that model a previous year from a Chinese company.

So at least admit you have some connection with lotus.

You're also from Australia, just like the company... just too many coincidences.

Hahahahahaaha so why-me-acne makes a new profile to defend their posts lol. Like I said, more experienced users will be able to tell bullsh*t from genuine posts. I never have once said whitelotus was 'amazing', I don't use marketing words like that and like what you've been saying in your posts. Why would there be a difference between a 15 dollar ebay roller and an 80 dollar roller from an established brand? No doubt theyre in it for profits but that's business too but I have no doubt there is a quality difference and if people value their face, then they won't trust some piece of plastic crap shipping in from hong kong for 15 bucks.

I have been on this site for several years and been a member for over two years detailing my fight against cystic acne, regular acne, scarring and the list goes on. You come along with your GUARENTEES of success using your companies roller selling on ebay. Go ahead and believe i'm with whitelotus, doesnt bother me because I don't have anything to lose by anyone thinking so unlike you who is getting so defensive because I let everyone know what youre up to.

The reason why I mentioned whitelotus a few times is because users are desperate to know what might work and I'm here to be helped and also help where I can. I encouraged users to watch their youtube vids because it was actually REALLY informative and being through so many treatments myself, i know what it's like to have money hungry doctors and sellers just brush you off when you want more info about what youre trying to buy to heal your scarred face.

Go fuck off and come up with another way to sell your products instead of preying on vulnerable users on this site.

No, I'm not that user who posted he purchased on eBay.

I don't know how you figure he or she was promoting when he never mentioned any seller or brand.

On the other hand you keep mentioning this other brand.

You're totatally right, let the more experienced users decide, I think they can clearly see who's promoting here.

And who's really getting defensive, are you being sarcastic or are you plain stupid? You were the one who attacked that other user and then you tell me "Go fuck off and come up with another way to sell your products instead of preying on vulnerable users on this site. "

WTF am I selling? You're the one who's doing the selling.

Then you mention "some piece of plastic crap shipping in from hong kong for 15 bucks" Well guess what, that exact same piece of crap is being sold by whitelotus.

So now what, just because they imported from China to Australia now it's better quality and worth $80?

My gosh, I hope you're being really sarcastic, otherwise you've got to be one of the most stupid people in the world. Of course if you're with that brand it's understandable you want to create a glorified image.

I still have the rollers I purchased before whitelotus brand existed, they're the exact same ones. Do you want me to post pics?

I don't give a damn where anyone buys. If you have the money you can go waste it wherever you want. Just thought those new should have the knowledge.

To the original poster sorry for posting this unrelated stuff, but just had to set the record straight about the info provided by that other user.

So you're for real and were not being sarcastic?

OK then, no point in beating a dead horse.

And I sign off by officially endorsing whitelotus rollers. Everyone should only buy whitelotus brand, the original genuine roller currently on sale for only $85. And while you're buying it, you might as well suck some dick like I do, because you know I'm such a big sucker and the only other thing I like more than sucking dick is paying 500% over fair price.

But if you're not a big sucker like me, well I guess then you can look elsewhere and buy the exact thing for $15. Whatever rocks your boat, I like being a sucker, but maybe you don't.

Edited by Outu

It's okay, I know youre pissed because noone is going to jump onto ebay and buy the roller you posted a pic of and if they do, the best of luck to them.

Hello everybody,

I apologize I haven't replied more quickly.

Any more people here with personal experience?

Could someone tell me what sized needles to use and how the individual needles look like? Could someone send me a link or picture here so I would know.

Also a link to a stamp, please.

Is the stamp really that more effective? Wont I make a better inpact on scars if I needle them individually?

And is here on this forum or an another a comprehensive threat on needling?

Sorry again for replying so late!!

edit:

I have scars or bumps under my skin, which feel pretty hard and they are 0.5-2cm in diameter. Could I needle those too? My derm said last time I visited her (about 8 months ago) that they are most likely scar tissue. It was hard to hear because I had thought they were acne. Or if not, what can I do to get those off?

Edited by Rugged Rat

Could someone tell me what is best size Dermastamp to get?

Is it to be used say once every 6 weeks and is there anywhere regarding instructions of use and what else to get apart from the Dermastamp itself?

I have so many very deep ( 0.5 cm ) and shallow depressed scars on my face. I have tried so many different things over so many years. I am now convinced skin needling is the least worst approach. I mostly do self-needling using disposable tattoo needles now.

Normally, your body is able to flawlessly repair deep cuts 99.9% without any help whatsoever. Skin needling seems to just trigger that natural behavior. Sometimes it gives a good result and sometimes does nothing or even make it worse. However, repetition seems to make it better. Some of my scars have disappeared. Most are work in progress but definitely improving albeit slowly. You have to be determined and very patient.

I have found creams to have no real benefit.

I have summarized my experiences in much more detail at

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules that you agreed to when you signed up here. *

Hope it helps you.

Please don't loose hope.