Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

DML moisturizing Lotion ingredients

Guest Timehealsall

So i could not find that site that shows many ingredients and how likely they are to clog pores (i.e.jojoba oil is level 2).

These are the ingredients of the DML moisturizing lotion in order:

purified water, petrolatum, glycerin, methyl glucose sesquistearate, dimethicone, peg-20, methyl glucose sesquistearate (the ingredient list repeated this), benzyl alcohol, cyclomethicone, glyceryl stearate, stearic acid, cetyl alcohol, xanthan gum, magensium aluminum silicate, sodium carbomer 941.

My derm reccomended me this and he told me most of his patients with acne actually loved it.

I know it contains alcohol (Which is usually bad?) but will these ingredients clog my pores?

Yea, but the cetyl alcohol is so far down the list I wouldn't worry about it. The kinds of alcohols in this moisturizer are "fatty alcohols," not the problematic "volatile alcohols". It actually looks like a decent moisturizer, if not particularly state of the art... it doesn't have any good antioxidants, or other especially active ingredients. It will probably moisturizer very well though. If it's expensive, I wouldn't bother - there are lots of better, reasonably priced, drugstore options.

About 5 weeks ago, my derm gave me the same lotion to try and I'm in LOVE. I used to use Cetaphil, but it was too heavy. DML did NOT make me break out, and I love the way it leaves a matte finish, even a tightening of the skin (in a good way) - perfect for make-up application. The only caveat I can see is that it probably won't be effective for people with extremely dry skin. With that said, I have been on Retin A for well over six months, which makes my skin drier than usual and DML works fine.

Oh, the other caveat, I have to order it online, or have my pharmacy order it in because I can't find it on the shelves.

On an aside - my derm also gave me Aquanil cleanser, which is the same brand.

Guest Timehealsall
Yea, but the cetyl alcohol is so far down the list I wouldn't worry about it. The kinds of alcohols in this moisturizer are "fatty alcohols," not the problematic "volatile alcohols". It actually looks like a decent moisturizer, if not particularly state of the art... it doesn't have any good antioxidants, or other especially active ingredients. It will probably moisturizer very well though. If it's expensive, I wouldn't bother - there are lots of better, reasonably priced, drugstore options.

know of any "state of the art" moisturizers that have good antioxidants and active ingredients? :D

i have no idea how much it costs (Derm gave me samples) i will ask.

know of any "state of the art" moisturizers that have good antioxidants and active ingredients? :D

i have no idea how much it costs (Derm gave me samples) i will ask.

CeraVe and Cetaphil are the drugstore standbys - cheap, simple, well formulated, and effective.

Gold Bond Ultimate Restoring Lotion is another favorite of mine.