Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am a female with short thick dark color treated hair and I have acne on my scalp. I am seeking something to clear up my acne that doesn't dry or dull my hair. I admit that NOT picking is the hardest, I find myself unconsciencely doing it. I KNOW THAT IS WHAT MAKES IT 100% WORSE. I am trying to STOP. I am trying the shampoos but they DRY my hair out and I am stumped. Any advise? You can email me at [email protected] I would greatly appreciate some experience with this and anything that would work for me. bb_wink.gif

Andrea

try a dandruff shampoo, like head n' shoulders or something and DON't pick at it!

also there's nuetrogena T SAL shampoo, i tried it but didn;t have much luck, but i have heard good things from others about it

I would look at adding tea tree/manuka oil to your shampoo. It is a good antibacterial and antifungal agent.

I've definitely noticed that using certain hair products (gel, hairspray, mouse, etc.) will cause acne on my hairline. If you use any of these, you may want to consider retiring them for a bit and seeing if that makes any difference.

yea get selsen blue or something. it's probably from dandruff. i started getting pimples on my head after my accutane cycle. it's much better than having 'em on my face though smile.gif

Try eliminating hair care products that contain panthenol. It causes acne for a lot of people and it's a common ingredient in shampoo, conditioners, gel, etc. Eliminating it worked for me! hth

Guest Pookie

Try rinsing your hair with vinegar...it will help with the scalpne and leave your hair soft and shiney....p.s.....the smell will be gone once your hair dries. Any brand vinegar will work....just fill up the sink add some vinegar(about 50%) and use a cup to rinse hair, make sure to get down to the scalp since that is what you are treating. Don't get it in your eyes!!

I would also recommend switching to a gentil baby shampoo untill it clears!Good luck! wink.gif

Just use head and shoulders and don't use real hot water that will dry out your scalp.

Guest Pookie

vinegar? wtFAK. that doesn't sound to pore-friendly