Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I want to assume that most of you are on a diet, but lets be honest, there is some of you (and you know who you are) who insist still in eating garbage.

i know for a fact there is people out here who claim to be "eating healthy" but don't. instead, they end up sabotaging themselves in a moment of weakness because "this doesnt seem to be working anyways".

i know, i've been there. i threw the towel several times out of resignation. then one day i grew strong, and stayed strict on my diet no matter the consequenses.

only after 6 months, SIX MONTHS!, of eating properly religously i started to see little results. i assume it took my body that long to finally make my face look healthier.

in a scale of 1 to 10, i used to be 8 acne and 5 scar. now, after a year, i'm 3 acne and 3 scar. you may claim that that ain't good enough, but if you really want to get out of this hell, you know that's a hell of a number and an accomplishment as well.

you too can do it, but you need stop making "xmas exceptions" "im depressed exceptions" and so on. it's never too late to start. IT TOOK ME 6 MONTHS TO START SEEING RESULTS, 6 MONTHS!

Stop eating garbage. stop eating fritos, cheetos and chips at all. stop eating fried shit. NOT FRIED. Nothing fried. nothing that had any contact with fried oil. NO MCDONALDS. NO FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS AND DRINK TONS OF WATER, TONS!

do that, and a personal diet of your own and i can assure you that you will look better sooner or later.

dont ever lose hope, you friend always,

shallowbastard.

(edited: not eating red meat and pork. Everything else is still the life style i practiced for a whole year, until just recently when little by little i came back to eating red meats, pork, and other fried meats cooked only at home (where i know the oil used is fresh). MCDONALS AND OTHER FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS STILL A NO NO AND IM YET TO EAT A FUCKING CHEESEBURGER AGGAIN.

Edited by shallowbastard

so true. whenever i was living by myself i decided to stay true to a strict diet, and my face was getting so much better seriously. But now living with other people is so hard because there is always good food and junk food everywhere and i just havent had the will power. i really need to get back on my healthy diet, hopefully will by new years. reading this is just making me want to get back to it all the more, thanks :razz:

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

lololol why does it feels like u talking right about me? xD

well anyhow, yea i can deff relate to what u say ^^ im actually also like that, i can be on superstrict diet then become pissed off and ditch everything and do/eat whatever :-

anywayz what u say is no matter what just dont break yo diet ever? :/ is that it? liek even for xmas? :ohno: mkaaaaay >_>...well ok ok i actually feel like agreeing with u (buh only bcz i have nice mood atm n only xD) but ill eat those potato chips i have next to me right now anywayz tho :- and then after new year diet begins agaain.. :rolleyes:

old time user? your still a newbie :P!.. but seriously keep in mind different things work for different people, I've tried changing my diet around several times to find it had little effect with the acne i get, but obviously eating healthy can help overall health :)

Edited by o_Adam_o

That was so awesome!! I agree w/you although some of your venting includes me lol. In the past 3 months I've started eating better, not as strict as you, but I started, but I still don't see much of a difference in my acne. It actually got worse, but that may be because I've made changes to my regimen a couple times. Your diet sounds strict. No red meat or pig?? That's too hardcore for me. I'm slowly starting. I've cut out a lot of fried food and started drinking a lot more water. Health wise I look and feel better, but my acne is still the same :/

In your tips I feel like #1 refers to me LOL. I'm a newb to putting on makeup so I may look like shit, but I personally think I look ok. No one has pulled me aside and said to me that I look like crap. Maybe I should ask my friends lol. I've started to wear less makeup though. I agree with the rest of your tips. They're tips I'm starting to follow more strictly. Especially #2 and 6.

In your tips I feel like #1 refers to me LOL. I'm a newb to putting on makeup so I may look like shit...

I was once called out by my lady friend. At the time, i used to wear an acne treatment cream that was also a cover up (the cream was brown). We were hanging out and she said "are you wearing make up!?" and i said "Noooooooooo, are you crazy!?" lol.

Personally, I would rather have acne than give up all that lol. This has been said 1000 times already on this board but I'll say it again. Just because dieting worked for YOU doesn't mean its going to work for everyone. I'd be pretty pissed if I did that for six months before I realized it was all in vain.

I'd be pretty pissed if I did that for six months before I realized it was all in vain.

That's why you gotta do it from the heart, for the sake of living a healthier life, not just for the results. like when you befriend a girl just to get with her, not because of an honest friendship, if in the end you don't get the girl, you're like "fuck all in vain".

the same applies here, do it not only for your acne, but for your liver, weight, heart, and more.

"Stop eating garbage. stop eating fritos, cheetos and chips at all. stop eating fried shit. no red meat, no pig, only chicken and fish.. NOT FRIED. Nothing fried. nothing that had any contact with fried oil. NO MCDONALDS. NO FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS AND DRINK TONS OF WATER, TONS!

"

Why don't you eat red meat or "pig"? That's just silly. Also, fried food is not necessarily bad, I have scrambled eggs fried in avocado oil (w/ veg) everyday and it's a nutrient dense, high protein meal. Drinking tons of water is not necessary either, and is potentially dangerous. Drink water, yes, but drink it when you're thirsty. The thirst mechanism, just like the hunger mechanism, exists for a reason.

My advice to anyone undertaking an anti-acne diet would be to base the diet around leafy green vegetables, improve your omega3/omega6 balance and eliminate gluten and dairy. Also, healthy fats are essential!

Edited by mds-pi

"Stop eating garbage. stop eating fritos, cheetos and chips at all. stop eating fried shit. no red meat, no pig, only chicken and fish.. NOT FRIED. Nothing fried. nothing that had any contact with fried oil. NO MCDONALDS. NO FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS AND DRINK TONS OF WATER, TONS!

"

Why don't you eat red meat or "pig"? That's just silly. Also, fried food is not necessarily bad, I have scrambled eggs fried in avocado oil (w/ veg) everyday and it's a nutrient dense, high protein meal. Drinking tons of water is not necessary either, and is potentially dangerous. Drink water, yes, but drink it when you're thirsty. The thirst mechanism, just like the hunger mechanism, exists for a reason.

My advice to anyone undertaking an anti-acne diet would be to base the diet around leafy green vegetables, improve your omega3/omega6 balance and eliminate gluten and dairy. Also, healthy fats are essential!

Exactly! There's a fine line between eating healthy and just being ridiculous. Just eat it in moderation. You don't have to completely eliminate it from your diet. A life without fast food, fried food, or chips!?! No sir....

Edited by DoubleAG

The Key is people seeing it as a "LifeStyle" and Not a "Treatment" or "Regimen".

If they view as not taking a pill but just taking care of yourself, Things would change.

I still suffer from acne to this day and thought i was clear. Until your acne is "totally" gone, you can't quit whatever you are doing.

If you have not seen results, then you either got bad advice or you haven't done it long enough.

Edited by BeautifulPerseverance619

:EYES AGOG: HOLY SHIT.

ADAM?! ADAM?! ADAM??!! SWEEEET TO SEE YOU HONEY!!!! AND ANTONY!!!! :wub:

And while this topic is in the wrong forum, I myself am just now beginning to - after years - look at a dietary approach to treating acne. Here's hoping.

Although, to be perfectly fair - what works for some people doesn't work for everyone. Acne is not a singular affliction, different things factor for different people. (Myself, for instance, am seeing an increase in acne due to medication. Therefore, dietary makes sense as I don't want to risk anymore meds for treatment, no matter how effective those acne meds may be. Others may be especially med sensitive and choose not to use medication either, but have luck with topicals.)

It all works out in the end.

Edited by Elsewhere

Okay so maybe i exaggerated on the pork and red meats, i can edit that. EVERYTHING ELSE I SAID I MEANT AND I LIVED BY TIL I WAS CLEARER (WHICH IS JUST RECENTLY).

A life without fast food, fried food, or chips!?! No sir....

Personally, I think that the link between diet and acne is weak, and there is no point embarking on an ridiculously healthy diet. But if it worked for you, then cheers :)

ok, well I'm not going to massively argue with you on healthy eating, but your insistence that we all have acne because we eat crap is a bit insulting. A. Have you seen how many people stuff down burgers, chips and coke all day and still have perfect skin? B. Do you really think that most of us haven't tried all sorts of diets etc? I don't eat fried foods, McDonalds etc, because I don't like it. I literally hate greasy or fried foods, and I don't like red meat either. But my skin hasn't miraculously turned perfect, even though I eat pretty healthily and drink a lot of water, etc. The one thing I agree with is avoiding dairy (this is coming from a proper acne "veteran" who has tried about every diet and other regime in existance!!) Avoiding dairy really does help for a lot of people (maybe not all though). No offense, but you probably outgrew your acne, either that or one of the things you have eliminated was causing some acne problems. But diet is not wholly or even mainly responsible. Perhaps if we all ate nothing but veg and water we'd be ok, but how is that even possible?

I'm a fairly unhealthy eater, and I see no reason to change my eating ways since I'm pretty underweight as it is. Plus, I don't think my diet has any affect on MY acne, anyway.

I don't believe I have that bad of acne, my problem lies within the horrible red marks that cover my entire face from past acne. Every day I usually get around 1-3 new pimples, usually they are fairly small and easy to take care of with a needle, but some are a little bit bigger and take a couple of days to fully get rid of. Some days I don't even get any new acne.

In an attempt to battle my acne and red marks I'm applying Apple Cider Vinegar and Cetaphil Moisturizer to my face, drinking tons of water, using a red light therapy device, and taking several vitamins/supplements (Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Fish Oil, and an Apple Cider Vinegar tablet).

I've taken chocolate out of my diet and cut back on it several times, but I didn't see any difference in my acne. I did the same with caffeine.

However, even though I've already done several "experiments" before, I'm currently trying to not consume any soda for 1-2 weeks to see if the amount of acne I get decreases.

Hey OP... good for you!

What people don't seem to understand though is that being healthy does not result from diet alone! That's why so many people try eating healthy and it doesn't work and give up.

Why doesn't it work? Because they still have terrible self esteem and think harmful thoughts all day, they never exercise, they stay indoors and don't get any sunshine or fresh air, they don't sleep well, and they abuse their faces with irritating face washes and medications.

Diet alone will not make you healthy.