Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I seriously don't know how long I can take this. I am so fucking scared. Every single day it seems like I can't think about anything but my skin. I almost never go out, and when I do, I walk really fast and look away from everyone. After I stopped taking Minocycline and Retin-A my doctor put me on zithromax, benzaclin, and a bp 10% face wash. My skin seems to be breaking out more especially near my eyebrows, chin, and mouth. It even hurts to eat and brush my teeth! I have a summer project that still needs doing and I start highschool in a week. And I'm pretty short as well. dry.gif I had two dreams in a row about acne. I'm sorry to write such a negative post, but I'm going through a really hard time and feel completely hopeless. sad.gif If anyone feels the need to add their own frustrations, feel free to do so.

To those of you who pray...would you please pray for me?

its funny that you mention having dreams about acne. i had one last night where i got this huge zit right in between my eyebrows and i remember getting real depressed and just real angry in my dream and i woke up feeling that way kinda, then i went to the bathroom to wake myself up and i noticed i was clear in that area and i was so fucking relieved. then i noticed i still have my zits scattered everywhere else then i was a little disappointed again.

i used to pray everynight hoping it will help get rid of my acne, than i noticed that i got more acne from the stress i went though while praying and i eventually stopped and my acne calmed down a bit. I really think if you don't stress over it, and don't take the time to think about it ( praying ) theres a better chance you'll get less and less acne. hey but that just me. if praying helps you than go for it. and remember dont touch your face though out the day. I always used rest my hand on my chin and around my mouth and that was where my zits usually happened.

You got to not think about your acne. When you see a mirror just glance, don't stop and take the time to point out all your flaws. Remember, when people are talking to you they aren't pointing out your flaws. No matter how long the conversation, they see you better than you do.

How old are you anyway? If it's not adult acne, just remember it'll probaly go away.

maybe you are using too much stuff on your skin at once? with all of the other things you are taking, maybe you could switch to a 5% or even 2.5% bp, which as dan would tell you, is less harsh on the skin but no less effective than the 10% creams.

with any treatment though, dont be afraid to have to give it a few months to have an effect - thats the problem with acne, you cant really cure it in the short term, only prevent it in the long term. but then again, dont be too afraid to switch treatments if it really isnt working.

i know its difficult to have to go back to school or college when you are having a breakout, but the best way to deal with it is to just try and forget about it, as hard as that sounds. if you act like theres nothing wrong with you, then you'd be surprised how many people will look past whatever flaws you may have at the moment and see you for the nice person you are. dont let acne affect your work or your social life, because those are the things you will look back on and remember when you're older when the scars have faded. throw yourself into your work or social life and try and put it out of your mind. maybe changing your name from disgusting would help!

im not a praying guy, so i wont pray for you, but i hate to have to see other people go through the same things im going through. all the best with your treatments!

Thanks everyone. It helps to know that others are feeling/ have felt the same way I do. To answer your question Mdawg, I'm 14.

Trust me, I've been through the worst crap I can take with acne and acne scars. I just tell myself not to give a crap what others think and I usually have a bad attitude from that (grr dry.gif ). I hate seeing a new day because I have to live with this damn disease. I usually feel better as the day grows. I'll pray for you and everyone else for happiness and time for the skin problems to dissapear. user posted image

edit:::: I wouldn't go on prescription pills because those made me throw up after a month. Probably only go for topicals.