Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lissbee

Questions for people that have had success

I have questions for the people that have done the regimen correctly and have seen success. Once you're all clear, do you still continue with the regimen? Do you skip steps? If you do skip stuff or decide to do your own thing, has it helped to continue being acne free?

I'm reluctant to buy dan's regimen. I just can't see myself buying this every 1-2 months and applying that much stuff to my face. Back in my teenage years I rarely did anything to my face. I rarely washed it and I never wore makeup. I was acne free for the most part and only flared up occasionally. I keep thinking that "less is more" is the best way to go, which is why I'm so reluctant to try this. I am new to having acne and have been dealing with mild to moderate acne for the last 2 years. I have never put so many chemicals and other crap on my face and I have never had so much acne in my life. My face right now looks worse then it ever has and I'm desperate to do something about it. I am tempted to buy the regimen, but I can't imagine myself applying that much stuff to my face for the rest of my life.

The Regimen works best if it's followed precisely. Once you are clear, you can certainly try reducing the amount of bp, however most people will need to stick with it religiously to stay clear. Remember, there is no cure for acne, just ongoing treatment. http://www.acne.org/faq.html#keepusing

It all depends on how badly your acne bothers you vs how much a daily skincare routine would bother you. If treating your acne seems more of a hassle than the acne itself, then it's probably not going to be worth the hassle for you.

I'm currently clear and I'm using the BP for about 9-10 months now. Since the last two months I only applied the BP and moisterizer in the morning (after the shower), at evening I sometimes wash my face and apply AHA or just wash my face and do nothing with it so that it can actually recover at night.

As you understand by now, I use BP only once a day and it keeps me clean for about 2 months now.

I've been clear for about 5 1/2 years. I followed the regimen exactly until I was clear (about 8 weeks). Then, I slowly started to "tweak" it a little here and there. Sometimes I had good results, other times it just didn't "fly". You just learn as you go.

But at this point, I use half the BP I did in the beginning and I still stay clear. I also don't need to wait after washing to apply BP. As soon as it dries, I moisturize. So, after all these years, it doesn't take too much time or effort to stay clear. So, for me it's definitely worth it. I only buy BP every 2-3 months.

It really is a personal choice. Like Brandy said, it depends on if it would be worth the "hassle" for you. I, myself, HAD to because I was getting scarring and it was getting worse and worse.

Good luck!

Lisa

After I got clear, I tried lowering the BP dosage, which didn't work. I also tried just using the BP once a day, and just using the AHA instead, which also didn't work.

I am able to skip most of the waiting time between steps. I dry my face with a towel (gently patting) and apply the BP right away. I let the BP dry (maybe 5 minutes) and then go ahead and moisturize.

Keep in mind that it's not mandatory to buy the products from this site. You can buy products to use on the regimen in any drugstore.

To me doing the regimen every day, twice a day is worth it. I have been doing it for almost two months, and after awhile, it feels as natural as brushing your teeth.

i have been on the regimen for 9 months and it is annoying to have to put it on twice a day everyday and deal with the dryness that sometimes i get .but i rather that than have a face full of pimples.it is definetly worthy if you want to have clear skin .is really up to you to decide for yourself

I agree with "tiggerific" that after a while it does naturally become part of your routine just like brushing your teeth. I used to have the mindset of "Why should I have to work so hard to have nice skin when so many people don't even wash their faces!" But I'm over that now and I feel like "If I want beautiful skin, this is the way it HAS to be." And it sure is worth the extra effort!

Guest Timehealsall

to those who have been clear form the regimen, does this mean you are COMPLETELY clear meaning never get any sort of pimples again?

Do any of you only apply the BP once a day?

I still get one every now and then. But the big difference for me is that it's not like the big cystic kind I used to get. And it takes significantly less time to heal- so I don't always have a red mark left after it's gone.

So, getting one minor blemish every couple months is great for me, compared to the thirty I had when I started the regimen. It would be ridiculous to complain about an occasional blemish, because I know how much worse it can be!

I still apply the bp twice daily because I want to be sure to keep the acne causing bacteria at bay at all times.

to those who have been clear form the regimen, does this mean you are COMPLETELY clear meaning never get any sort of pimples again?

Do any of you only apply the BP once a day?

The only time I've gotten a pimple after getting clear initially was when I was too sick to do any of the regimen steps including washing my face. Granted I've only been doing the regimen since the beginning of November, so that's not to say I'll never get a pimple..... :shifty:

I tried to skip the morning BP application and substitute AHA instead, but after doing this just once, I got a couple of tiny pimples, so I decided it wasn't a good idea, and I haven't tried it again.

you caht stop getting pimples.bp is just a treatment not a cure.but i do still get a minor blemish once in a while.but is nothing compared fo how it us to be for me .when i use to break out with a new pimple everyday

I've been on the regimen for almost exactly a year now. My face is the best its ever been.

I wash my face with any oil-free cheap cleanser I have lying around, pat dry with a towel, put eye cream on and then only one pump of Dan's BP on my problem areas, my lower cheeks and chin. I'm always so tired at night when I do the regimen that I never wait for it to dry long enough to put moisturizer on and just fall asleep letting my BP dry (I'm a still sleeper and I sleep on my back so I've never had a problem with accidentally bleaching my pillows or sheets).

In the mornings I follow the same steps but put on Olay's sensitive skin moisturizer after the BP has dried.

Sometimes I'm too tired to do the regimen at night and just skip it. When I do, I make sure to do it the next morning though. When I'm really lazy and skip about 3/4 nights (still doing it in the mornings though) I start to notice pimples beginning to form just beneath the surface. I immediately begin to do the regimen twice a day again then and the forming pimples quickly disappear.

I've always at least done the regimen in the mornings. I've read countless times on these message boards that acne WILL come back if you stop completely, and I believe that to be true.

Because I skip so many nights at a time and only use one pump, my 16 oz. of Dan's BP lasts me for 4 months.

For me, the regimen is definitely worth it. I had smooth clear skin up until 23 (I'm 25 now) and then my face exploded with acne. I had cystic ones on my chin that were enormous, ugly, and painful and I haven't had one yet since beginning the regimen last year. My face is clear, and I get complements on my skin on a regular basis even!!

Guest Timehealsall

man i dont get how some of you combatted the flakiness/dryness that the regimen causes. i am on month 5 and i have to stop it on some areas. My face is so irritated and dry/flaky that i just cant do it.

Which moisturizer did you guys use? And to the person who used the olay moisturizer, do you also use jojoba oil? If not, how does the benzoyl peroxide NOT ball up with the olay moisturizer?

Dans moisturizing does not moisturize at all. i am now trying this other moistruizer hoping it solves my issues.

man i dont get how some of you combatted the flakiness/dryness that the regimen causes. i am on month 5 and i have to stop it on some areas. My face is so irritated and dry/flaky that i just cant do it.

Which moisturizer did you guys use? And to the person who used the olay moisturizer, do you also use jojoba oil? If not, how does the benzoyl peroxide NOT ball up with the olay moisturizer?

Dans moisturizing does not moisturize at all. i am now trying this other moistruizer hoping it solves my issues.

When I use the Olay moisturizer I make sure my face is completely dry and then I use a very small amount, a small pinky tip dot, one on my forehead, one on each cheek, one on my chin, I put it on very gently. Occasionally, I have some flakes of BP that roll off of my face but I just let it roll off without reapplying any BP and it doesn't seem to effect anything. Perhaps the BP has already soaked into my face enough to do it's job.

Another thing, I only use one pump of BP because that's all my face needs to stay clear, however, if you're using the regimen's full 2 pumps then maybe that's why you'd be experiencing more BP rolling off when adding the moisturizer than I do. Or maybe using too much moisturizer causes the rolling off flakes. I don't know. Everyone's face is different. This just happens to work for me.

And no, I don't use any jojoba oil in my routine. I have some handy from the beginning months of the regimen when my face was peeling and flaking like crazy, but stopped incorporating it in my regimen after 3 months in. Now, I only seem to use it once every 2 months when the area around my eyes is wrinkly from maybe getting too close with my BP by accident.

In the beginning when I was flaking really bad I would wash with cleanser, pat dry, and then use a teaspoon size of jojoba oil and rub it gently all over my face in circular motions for a good two minutes. Then I would take a clean towel and gently scrape the excess skin off my face. I would then wash my face with cleanser again, pat dry, then add the BP, let dry, and then add 3 drops of jojoba oil to my moisturizer, then apply it to my face. This routine worked wonders for me, and suddenly flakiness wasn't a problem anymore and I stopped using the oil all together.

Good luck!

Edited by HopefulGal
Guest Timehealsall

wow lmao.

i dont even use a PUMP of the BP.

i use like 1/4 of a full fingers lenght (actually probably a little less). I wait 30 minutes sometimes for the BP to dry. NO MATTER WHAT, the olay moisturizer ALWAYS balls up with the bp. the only moisturizer so far that i tried that did not ball up was dans, but i hate that moisturizer. iT DOES NOT MOISTURIZE AT ALL