Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maverick

Can guys use Cetaphil w/ Regimen?

Dan or anyone else,

Can guys use cetaphil liquid instead of a bar on the regimen? I've tried the regimen twice before and the first few days always go smoothly with nice improvement, then my face becomes stiff and dry after I use the hand soap (and before applying BP). Can I just use my usual Gillette shaving gel and then cetaphil (which isn't nearly as bad for me as bar soaps)? Maybe it's partly due to the medications I've taken over the years (especially Accutane and B-5, which also led to a nasty dry scalp condition I have now as well) but now my skin is very dry and it's hard for me to wash more than once a day without irritation. Thanks.

I use the Cetaphil bar; IMO it's less irritating than the liquid. My derm also told me to use the bar and not the liquid.

Your derm told you that the liquid is less irratating? I've never heard that before - everything i've ever read, or heard, about the Cetaphil is that the liquid cleanser is the gentlest product you can use on your face.

Yeah, number1nerd, I've heard that as well, as from my experience it is true. So can I use it w/ the regimen or does it not cleanse enough?