Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

funny, yesterday, which was two days after my peel. The area around my mouth started peeling. This has never happened before, I assume it was from the TCA Peel.

Anyways this week (after my face has healed enough) I am doing a 21% Peel, as I won't have downtime until spring break, so I need to do this ASAP.

Hello50, I am glad it is doing something. Maybe you will be getting some results after all. Are you going to start using any ointment on it? Was the shipping pretty quick when you received it? I still haven't ordered mine but I plan on doing it on the 17th. I estimate about a week on shipping so I need to order it soon. I was looking at another site that I am thinking of ordering from instead, though.

http://perfectcomplexion.net/cart/index.ph...;products_id=93

Speaking on ointments... day four of Polyactil. At this point (though my opinion may change in the future), I can not honestly recommend this product for treatment of skincare conditions. I am still going to experiment with it since I have not given it enough time in all fairness. The pitting and hyperpigmentation are still as they were with no change. The ugly part is that I have had a bump on the side of my nose for about a month now. Not a full blown pimple, but just a neutral toned bump that is always there for some reason, but it has never become red and irritated. Once I started putting the Polyactil on it, it became a big, red, irritated mess (which is SOOOOO not good since I have a very important job interview tomorrow and to now have to deal with this crap). I ended up having my aesthetician stab and "zap" the damn thing so that there may be hope in it looking better by tomorrow. Beyond my better judgment, I put some more Polyactil on the area when I got home since the product's job is to speed healing, right?

Hi! Anything else to report on the polyactil? Is your nose clearing up better? Hope your interview went well!

No need for ointment, as the damage the TCA did was very minimal. No shipping is pretty slow as a matter of fact. MUAC is now offering free priority shipping, however my 21% tca still has not shipped i ordered it two days ago.

If i were you I would stick with MUAC as it has the highest reputation and everyone uses it. This isn't something you want to take risks with and get more scars. Stick with the most reputable reliable company. Even if the price is slightly higher.

Edited by hello50

Hi! Anything else to report on the polyactil? Is your nose clearing up better? Hope your interview went well!

Nope. No news to report. I must confess that neither last night or this morning did I put the Polyactil on all the areas I was experimenting on. I was so concerned with the damage on my nose that I used Dan's AHA+ on it last night (which doesn't do much either, but at least it doesn't make it any worse). This morning I got up and it was as it was yesterday before she took a needle to it and zapped it... all big, irritated, and pus-filled. I did use the Polyactil just on that area before applying the makeup and running to the interview. It still looks bad, but there is nothing I can do. It just doesn't want to clear up yet. :( Maybe on a positive note, the area has a covering of dry skin over it which is separating the makeup from the infected area of the pimple so maybe the Polyactil dried it out and it is healing now. I will update when I take my makeup off to find out.

Thank you! Interview went pretty well and I am hopeful about this one. Had a disappointing one a few months ago with the same company. No negative feelings regarding today's though, which is good.

Update: Yes, indeedy, the area appears to be healing now. After I removed my makeup, the area still appears red (more hyperpigmentation for me to get rid of), but it isn't all big and pus-filled anymore. There is a hard covering over the opening of the areas (it appears to have been a cluster of two pimples together). I can't say if is it entirely the Polyactil that is healing it since I have switched to Cetaphil anti-bacterial soap and have started putting the BP on the area as well (I was avoiding putting it on my nose since I thought that was creating the problem) for the moment until this calms down. Then I will proceed back to my normal routine of the DKR products. Tonight I will resume using Polyactil as usual over my experimental areas of hyperpigmentation, pitting, and with this cluster.

Edited by MINIac

No need for ointment, as the damage the TCA did was very minimal. No shipping is pretty slow as a matter of fact. MUAC is now offering free priority shipping, however my 21% tca still has not shipped i ordered it two days ago.

If i were you I would stick with MUAC as it has the highest reputation and everyone uses it. This isn't something you want to take risks with and get more scars. Stick with the most reputable reliable company. Even if the price is slightly higher.

Heh! Possibly no need for Polyactil anyway! How is your skin looking now? Are you starting to see a whole new person underneath all the bad stuff peeling off? Yeah, I need to get to it and go ahead and order it now then. Thanks for letting me know.

I agree. I have read so many good things about MUAC. The only thing that troubles me is this statement on the site I linked to earlier:

"There are many grades of tricholoracetic acid with variety of wholesalers. TCA has been used in the machine industry for years for metal cleaning to remove rust and corrosion in US Navy shipyards. Unfortunately, there are some ‘rogue traders’ that are bottling this industrial grade chemical and marketing it to the skincare industry. When you see a bottle listed for $10 on an auction or website, you can rest assured that it is the poorest grade TCA with a high contaminate of metal fragment or worse! There is a saying that goes: Cheaper means CHEAPER!"

I received my 15% TCA. Instead of the green tea bar, I got some wild oat and honey cleanser instead. Application with a Q-tip sounds like it would be very time consuming if one is doing a full peel to the face. I wonder if I can just use a paintbrush to make it go faster.

Another update with the Polyactil. Still no news regarding the hyperpigmentation or pitting. I am still applying it, though. My nose is MUCH better! It has turned into hyperpigmentation, but it is healing quickly. I am pleased. I guess that the stuff pulled all the crap to the surface and caused the cluster on my nose. I am just glad that it is finally gone.

OK.

First let me reiterate I advise you to do a few lactic acid peels prior to this, as that is what is recommended.

I ordered a 21% last week, which still hasnt come in from MUAC.

Last week I did a 12.5% for the first time, I had some peeling the whole week around the mouth and some on the cheeks. I decided against the 21% right now, since my skin hasn't heeled from last weeks.

I only have a week of downtime left. So I went ahead and did a 12.5% again. This time it REALLY BURNED! It stopped burning after 4 minutes, then around the 5th minute I applied another layer. This burned even worse and I FROSTED! Around the cheeks and the important areas.

(FROSTING is great!)

So right now I just applied neosporin and the after peel feel isnt so bad, its nothing really.

Anyways I am so glad I started at 12.5%.

Next peel will be at spirng break (21%). I hope a week or two before go ahead and do the 12.5% I have left as a primer, but dont have much left. I am going to take 3 weeks to a month off of peels and go ahead and try retinol 10% in a few weeks.

After this recovery I will go ahead and do some gyloic and lactic until my next tca peel.

Will update again soon...

Edited by hello50

Personally, I have neither the time nor the money to spend on the lactic acid peels as well. You might, but many others don't. As it is, I have had to postpone exclusively searching for a job until I have been able to use the peel and the downtime of healing has completed (which will end up being another couple of weeks). I have thoroughly read both the website prior to purchasing the peel, and the brochure that came with the peel and cleanser, and the lactic acid peels prior to the TCA is recommended for people using the TCA peel primarily for hyperpigmentation issues (a whitener is also recommended). Hyperpigmentation eventually goes away. Pitting is supposedly permanent. Though I have a few areas of hyperpigmentation, my main concern is to see if there is a chance I can even out the skin texture to reduce the appearance of the pitting. Thanks for the advice, though.

Good luck with your peel in the upcoming months.

Edited by MINIac

OK. My face is reddish and it hurts when I touch it. I am putting Neospirin and keeping it moist. I was being stupid and didn't put gloves when I applied the tca, now the tips of my fingers are burned, but not too bad.

when your face starts to peel. dont manually take the skin off with your hands.

its not a good idea at all.

it becomes very uncomfortable. the skin under neath is to raw/sensitive.

when your face starts to peel. dont manually take the skin off with your hands.

its not a good idea at all.

it becomes very uncomfortable. the skin under neath is to raw/sensitive.

You applied the TCA with your fingers and are now peeling the skin off instead of letting it slough off on its own????

I just had like a small insignificant part where where I took off. Then reading thru forums I realized I am glad I stopped that. It should peel on its own. So I did no damage.

Yay! I have reached veteran status!!!!

I plan on starting on my peel as soon as I get my chamomile and cucumber cleanser, my moisturizer containing salicylic acid, and extra hydrating moisturizer that I ordered a week ago. Other than strawberries and above mentioned items, I have everything I need for the peel and post-peel healing.

An update on the Polyactil. I have still not noticed anything as far as the areas of pitting that I have covered, nor the past hyperpigmentation from months ago. I guess the peel will have to take care of that. However, in my experience, it seems that the Polyactil works on areas of acne breakouts and after breakout healing, as well as preventing severe hyperpigmentation from occurring and helping to gradually reduce the darkness once they have occurred (again, only on the recent ones, not the previously existing ones as I stated earlier).

My skin hyperpigments really easily, so cystic acne causes awful hyperpigmentation and even small bumps leave a small spot of hyperpigmentation. Since I received the Polyactil a little over two weeks ago I have used the Polyactil on five breakouts (one containing a cluster of three cystic pimples, so seven breakouts total as I counted the cluster as one). Three of them were cystic, two were small bumps. The hyperpigmentation caused by the small bumps are lightening what darkness was there pretty quickly. The cystic ones are sticking around longer, but the cluster area is really clearing up nicely after all that damage and it has only been two weeks since the cluster came severely to a head.

I have done my peel. I actually did two layers since I really didn't get any burning and no frosting with the first layer. Not even my second layer caused frosting, but it burned. It seems as if it did nothing, really.

I have done my peel. I actually did two layers since I really didn't get any burning and no frosting with the first layer. Not even my second layer caused frosting, but it burned. It seems as if it did nothing, really.

at 15%?

wow!

One thing you could do, if you are interested at frosting is wait this whole week see how your skin reacts. Then go ahead and do another layer next week. That what I did, and I frosted at 12.5%

at 15%?

wow!

One thing you could do, if you are interested at frosting is wait this whole week see how your skin reacts. Then go ahead and do another layer next week. That what I did, and I frosted at 12.5%

Yep, at 15%. I am very disappointed since the brochure even mentioned about frosting with 15% and 18%. I used a cotton ball. I didn't drench it in the TCA, but I made sure there was plenty of the acid on it to cover my face. There were areas that got red after the second layer, but that was the most that happened. So you didn't frost at all with your first peel but did with your second? I don't know. Maybe there is something wrong with my skin. LOL Btw, I have put the Polyactil on to help with the healing, if help is even needed. I might have to do what you suggested. I mean, what harm could it do if it doesn't do anything this time around, right?

*SIGH*

hey miniac how did your tca peel go for you. I just came from my dermatologist and she told me to get one from hers it will run me about 400$ I dont wanna get scammed. I have done alot of research but I have one question for you is a home tca peel as effective as one you get done from a derm depending on the % and concetration is it safe? I wanna order one from amazon but idk if it looks sketchy and it also comes with a moisturazing lotion what do you think?im desperate thanks you.

hey miniac how did your tca peel go for you. I just came from my dermatologist and she told me to get one from hers it will run me about 400$ I dont wanna get scammed. I have done alot of research but I have one question for you is a home tca peel as effective as one you get done from a derm depending on the % and concetration is it safe? I wanna order one from amazon but idk if it looks sketchy and it also comes with a moisturazing lotion what do you think?im desperate thanks you.

Clockwork, my results are unique to myself and may end up being different for you. Feel free to take a look at my profile and check out my blog. I created an entry specifically for myself so that I can keep track of when I performed the peel (for future reference to determine when the next should be performed) and the regimen I used each day so that if I do future peels I can figure out what works post-peel and what I should expect for each day.

My peel is as if I never applied it in the first place. I used two layers of a 15% concentration peel from MUAC. I had only minimal "peeling" (which was actually nothing more than slight flaking that rolled off when I used cleanser, Polyactil, aloe vera, or moisturizer) around my nose and mouth. The other areas weren't affected. The skin underneath the peeling was never pink and did not look like new fresh underlying skin. Maybe the peel didn't give the results I expected because I have tough skin. I am quite disappointed with the results and am planning on going ahead and doing another one with the TCA I have left since there is no sense in wasting it. It would seem that maybe I need a higher concentration than what I got.

Of course your dermatologist wants you to get one from her; she is getting paid good money. I don't see how you would get scammed from getting a peel from her. Dermatologists are educated to perform the peel in a safe and controlled setting, and they aren't going to use a pseudo acid. I would assume it would be a good quality acid. They probably perform at least a 25% TCA peel which is considered a medium solution. As with my experience, depending on your skin type, you may or may not get the results that you want with the dermatologist, but I am pretty sure you would have more of an effect with a 25% than I had with my 15%. In saying that, I would absolutely NOT recommend ordering a 25% at home TCA peel to perform yourself as your first peel. MUAC where I bought my peel suggests starting off with the lowest concentrations such as an 8% or 12.5% solution first to determine how your skin will react since you are literally burning your face off and can cause severe burns and/or considerable permanent damage if you aren't cautious by working your way to the higher concentrations. If you do an at home peel, start with a low concentration and work your way to the 25% or higher. Baby steps. I can not stress this enough!

As to whether it is as effective, I can not say one way or the other. I would imagine it would depend on a number of factors such as your skin type, the company you choose to purchase from, the preparation you take prior to applying the peel, the concentration you use, etc. I myself have never gone to a dermatologist for a peel. I have read several reviews from other customers who have used peels from the company I bought mine from and even with the 12.5% have claimed to have had excellent results with full peeling which is what you would expect to get from the dermatologist. For whatever reason, mine didn't work out that way this time. It doesn't mean my second peel won't go the way I expect it to. As for safeness of a peel, it depends on the company. Make sure you use a reputable one! Peels themselves are safe when used correctly. Make sure you follow the directions COMPLETELY. As for the company, I would suggest doing a search for reviews on the particular company and peel you plan on using and read the experiences of others who have used the peel. If you don't come across many reviews for the peel you are interested in, I would go for another company that has several reviews. Here is the site I always go to for reviews on any product I plan on purchasing:

http://makeupalley.com

Just click on "product reviews" and type in the information of the brand and product you want to search. I wouldn't just stop with that site, though. Do a complete search of other reviews before you decide. As for the Amazon product, just do a search of reviews on it. Amazon has some good products, but they also have some bad products (I heard they are now selling a do-it-yourself home liposuction surgery kit...!!!!). So just do plenty of research if a peel is something you really want to do.

Good luck.

Edited by MINIac

hey miniac thanks alot for your help It really cleared up my decision. Im gonna order mine from MUAC but I think I have second thoughs Im going for a a glycolic acid peel with high concetration becuz if you look at my galleries thats the only problem just red marks. I have also tried kojilac pads HQ and glycolic acid cleancers so I think my skin can handle it to target those red marks. If that doest work then Ill order a tca peel.

Clockwork, my results are unique to myself and may end up being different for you. Feel free to take a look at my profile and check out my blog. I created an entry specifically for myself so that I can keep track of when I performed the peel (for future reference to determine when the next should be performed) and the regimen I used each day so that if I do future peels I can figure out what works post-peel and what I should expect for each day.

My peel is as if I never applied it in the first place. I used two layers of a 15% concentration peel from MUAC. I had only minimal "peeling" (which was actually nothing more than slight flaking that rolled off when I used cleanser, Polyactil, aloe vera, or moisturizer) around my nose and mouth. The other areas weren't affected. The skin underneath the peeling was never pink and did not look like new fresh underlying skin. Maybe the peel didn't give the results I expected because I have tough skin. I am quite disappointed with the results and am planning on going ahead and doing another one with the TCA I have left since there is no sense in wasting it. It would seem that maybe I need a higher concentration than what I got.

Of course your dermatologist wants you to get one from her; she is getting paid good money. I don't see how you would get scammed from getting a peel from her. Dermatologists are educated to perform the peel in a safe and controlled setting, and they aren't going to use a pseudo acid. I would assume it would be a good quality acid. They probably perform at least a 25% TCA peel which is considered a medium solution. As with my experience, depending on your skin type, you may or may not get the results that you want with the dermatologist, but I am pretty sure you would have more of an effect with a 25% than I had with my 15%. In saying that, I would absolutely NOT recommend ordering a 25% at home TCA peel to perform yourself as your first peel. MUAC where I bought my peel suggests starting off with the lowest concentrations such as an 8% or 12.5% solution first to determine how your skin will react since you are literally burning your face off and can cause severe burns and/or considerable permanent damage if you aren't cautious by working your way to the higher concentrations. If you do an at home peel, start with a low concentration and work your way to the 25% or higher. Baby steps. I can not stress this enough!

As to whether it is as effective, I can not say one way or the other. I would imagine it would depend on a number of factors such as your skin type, the company you choose to purchase from, the preparation you take prior to applying the peel, the concentration you use, etc. I myself have never gone to a dermatologist for a peel. I have read several reviews from other customers who have used peels from the company I bought mine from and even with the 12.5% have claimed to have had excellent results with full peeling which is what you would expect to get from the dermatologist. For whatever reason, mine didn't work out that way this time. It doesn't mean my second peel won't go the way I expect it to. As for safeness of a peel, it depends on the company. Make sure you use a reputable one! Peels themselves are safe when used correctly. Make sure you follow the directions COMPLETELY. As for the company, I would suggest doing a search for reviews on the particular company and peel you plan on using and read the experiences of others who have used the peel. If you don't come across many reviews for the peel you are interested in, I would go for another company that has several reviews. Here is the site I always go to for reviews on any product I plan on purchasing:

Just click on "product reviews" and type in the information of the brand and product you want to search. I wouldn't just stop with that site, though. Do a complete search of other reviews before you decide. As for the Amazon product, just do a search of reviews on it. Amazon has some good products, but they also have some bad products (I heard they are now selling a do-it-yourself home liposuction surgery kit...!!!!). So just do plenty of research if a peel is something you really want to do.

Good luck.

hey miniac thanks alot for your help It really cleared up my decision. Im gonna order mine from MUAC but I think I have second thoughs Im going for a a glycolic acid peel with high concetration becuz if you look at my galleries thats the only problem just red marks. I have also tried kojilac pads HQ and glycolic acid cleancers so I think my skin can handle it to target those red marks. If that doest work then Ill order a tca peel.

You are very welcome. I am glad that I could help in some way. I think a glycolic acid peel is a good start, but isn't the lactic acid peel more for hyperpigmentation problems? I am not sure about those peels. It looks like glycolic acid is more for exfoliation purposes from looking it over on MUAC. I am considering getting the lactic acid peel to use between TCA peels, as I will continue to use them, but I am thinking that I will be using a higher concentration from now on. But, good choice. Plus, MUAC suggests using the lactic acid peel prior to the TCA to assist in the lightening of hyperpigmentation. Let me know how the peel ends up working out for you. :D