Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FantasyCLover

Does shallow/physical scars become less apparent

I've had mild acne since seventh grade. Most of them occured on my forehead. I noticed that a few shallow/physical scars on my forehead that I got in middle school looked smoother compared to the ones that developed in more recent years. Do these shallow scars smooth out over the years? bb_icon_cry.gif

If you have a second life it might be worth it. But more likely than not time will not make a difference. Unless of course you can wait till you're 60 or so. By then the wrinkles will gain prominence over, or replace the scars.

That post was really depressing!

But true I guess.

On a more positive note, if your scarring is shallow anyway, it's likely that it will be much more noticeable to you than to others. And also, seeing as you are young and the scars are recent, the collagen remodelling may not have completed yet - therefore they MAY improve within the next year or so. Other than than, you would probably have to look into some topicals and/or procedures.

Shallow scarring. It gets so much better if you do something about it. I do at home microdermabrasion, glycolic acid peels and I use various anti scarring stuff ( magic potions, spells, herbs, vitamins whatever ehmm:) I mean bio-oil and some scar gel). Some very mild dents can also be removed. I say that from personal experience, but I really don't know at what extent your results will be.