Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tony E

I cured my Acne... finally

I have used the Acne.org regimen for years. I am a 26 year old male. I have never posted anything in the forums because I have been on a quest for a few years to cure my acne. Sometimes I gave up but something always got me going again and eventually, I stumbled upon the answer. At least it is the answer for me. I believe many people can get rid of their acne this way though. It worked for my wife and my step sister too.

I converted to a raw food / detox diet 2 years ago. I enjoy the diet and lifestyle very much and am happy with the results overall. But deep down I really just wanted to get rid of my acne and that was one of the primary reasons I tried the diet. As it turns out, the raw food diet made it worse because at first I got most of my calories from sugar. Over time it imbalanced my body further resulting in full Adult acne breakouts.

So to cut to the chase, it all revolved around three things. All of which seem to have nothing to do with acne, but they are the root cause. I know I have got it down when even my blackheads are now gone.

The first thing is digestion. Most Americans are eating a lot of food combinations that contribute to the collection of cholesterol based gallstones in their gallbladder. This inhibits bile flow causing a myriad of issues from heartburn and indigestion to ulcers and fungal overgrowth. Despite all the controversy over gallbladder flushes, I am not selling anything to you and can guarantee they do work and they do get real stones out. The stones eventually stop coming out after a flush at which point you know your gallbladder is clear. After that I would recommend doing a flush yearly to maintain healthy digestion. Also take pancreatic enzymes with heavy meals and/or herbal digestion aids.

Second is the liver. The liver and the skin have a strong connection. Each person is different and has a more or less efficient liver than the next. Some of us need extra help. This is apparent in any bar where some peoples livers clearly filter alcohol much better than mine for example. The extra help comes from some key nutrients the liver needs in order to efficiently filter the blood from toxins. If the liver gets backed up and falls behind, it will push the toxins out through the skin. Depending on other variables, this may clog pores of the skin. One variable being your cortisone levels. Some key supplements that will help your liver and skin are:

1. Omega 3-6-9 Udos Oil - This is very important for skin health. Fish is a good source but raw fat is best. Cooking oxidizes the fat and doesn't perform as well in the body.

2. Zinc/Copper with enzymes - When you buy a supplement, you must ensure it is bio available. Zinc doesn't have a good effect without copper and enzymes to help the body use it.

3. Multivitamin - These are almost all bad for you, I recommend VitaminCode. It cost about the same a centrum but all the vitamins are 100% from food and are bioavailable. No 3rd tear conversion process required. The body can use them immediately. Synthetic vitamins stress the liver even more so don't take them. I take a multivitamin because each acne sufferer has a different set of vitamin deficits. It's difficult to identify which are low so it is easiest to hit the body with them all.

4. Vitamin D3 - I believe in the Vitamin Code D3 for the same reason, however I can't say anything bad about other D3 vitamins because every doctor I have listened to has recommended all kinds of supplements. However, I take Vitamin code and I have done well with it.

5. Vitamin C - In addition to the vitamin c in the multivitamin, I take this because it is a strong antioxidant and detoxifyer. The liver can use all the help with detoxing that you can give it.

6. Selenium - Every vitamin regimen I have seen for Acne has this in it. It is in my multivitamin but other than that I do not take any except whatever I get through diet.

7. Other people have had success with Bileman to maximize bile flow to aid digestion. I believe it is prescription so check with a dermatologist, who by the way will tell you diet has nothing to do with acne. Yeah right, I say whatever, mines gone and that's all that matters to me.

Last part of my three legged stool is Candida, the evil fungus in us all. Well its not evil when it is under control like in most non-acne sufferers. Candida is actually manipulated by the body to aid in our high-sugar Standard American Diets (SAD). Most people eat so much sugar in a late, Coke, or a starch ridden pizza crust that their pancreas will spend hours trying to lower their blood sugar. In order to get it under control the body allows Candida to grow unchecked. This is because Candida feeds on sugar. However it poops toxins. Unlike Acidopholis or other friendly bacteria that poop B12 or other awesome nutrients when they eat sugar. So sugar isn't bad it is just part of the problem. Get the problem under control, then you can eat sugar again.

The idea is demonstrated at TheCandidaDiet.com. There are many great tips on that site and I don't have much to add, other than it works of course. The basic idea is to avoid all sugar even from fruit for 2-3 weeks. In this time you need to get plenty of fiber.

I say again, FIBER! It is really important in this process. I add a little clay to mine too in order to suck out more toxins from the colon. You must cleanse the colon with fiber. My favorite sources are flax seeds, buckwheat groats, and psyllium husk. I usually soak buckwheat groats in water for a few hours, then mix with ground flax/chia seed add psyllium husk. It is a great base to add whatever else to flavor. It has perfect blend of soluble and non-soluble fiber. Eat twice a day during phase 1 of the diet and you'll be doing really well. It will correct a lot of bowel issues if you have any.

Good sugar substitutes are: Xylitol, Stevia, and Zero. Many others but make sure it is zero glycemic sweetener for the first few phases of Candida Diet.

Last few things to address....

Water, it is very important for flushing out toxins and keeps your skin hydrated. I carried a 3 liter bottle with me everywhere for 2 weeks and drank the whole thing each day. I also added about 4-6 tablespoons of raw organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar has lots of potassium which is a strong anti-inflammatory. This assists with keeping your pores from constricting and causing blockages where bacteria can develop. Hence the reason benzoyl peroxide works so well topically.

After your cleansing period is over and you have clear skin, take probiotics. Something like 5Lac which is time-released. Then you can go back to eating sugars.

I personally continue to not eat concentrated starches or sugars. I don't eat any glutenous or starchy grains, corn, or fuctose corn syrup. However, lots of people can after the diet has done its job.

I also want to close with a recap of my personal regimen I did for two weeks so you can try it.

I took 6 months to develop a particular food that I could eat for my deployment to Afghanistan. Since I am a health nut I wanted my wife to send me food so I wasn't stuck eating all their food at least. I have a recipe if anyone wants it I'll post it, Its all raw food. Its high in protein too.

Anyway, I ate only that food which is mostly the buckwheat / fiber mix I talked about, fish on two days, and 4 hard boiled eggs on 8 days. I also ate a lot of raw sprouted sunflower seeds. I had one other food I made and dehydrated beside the buckwheat groat meal. It was all greens. Broccoli with a lot of seaweeds ground down with tomato sauce and many herbs and spices. I exercised everyday since I did this clean during pre-mob training for the Army. Most of my exercise was walking while carrying a bit of weight. I think sweating is important to the cleanse. Then I drank tons of water to keep hydrated while training.

Put all those things together and I got totally clear! I mean, this is the first time since I was a young kid I have been totally clear without using any benzoyl peroxide or other harsh stuff. I still wash my face but I have even skipped a few days now and nothing goes wrong. I have started to eat a little bit of sugar and baked goods for the holiday and so far so good.

I will update this thread as I go, just in case I find anything else out. I just wanted to share my story before I moved on.

Take care and good luck. Remember, just don't stop trying to fix it. You'll get it if you try. Also, take the path of least resistance. Spend the smallest amount of money and do the easiest stuff first. Don't start out with gallbladder flushes like I did, they suck and if you can get rid of acne and Candida without them then do so.

Sincerely,

Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few sites to check out that I used

- lots of health info

You had some good points there. I would just like to object to Candida. Pretty much everything you read online about Candida is just pure bogus. Other than less than objective Candida websites there's little evidence that Candida is a big issue for many people.

As to Candida being out of control and growing in the blood... it just doesn't happen. At least not until you are very severely ill. It can't be a widespread issue since mortality rates for systematic Candida infection varies from 45% to 70%.

Those anti-Candida diets help because they bring down insulin levels chronic inflammation - not because they would somehow rid yourself of Candida overgrowth.

http://www.natural-acne-solution.com/candida-acne.html

Everything said in reply to my post is very sound and practical. I am just telling my story, A way to get rid of acne but not THE way of course. As far as candida, I hear a lot of mis-information about it, you are right. It may not be the root cause, but I did the candida diet and it cleared. So I am passing that on. Those who have targeted candida have had success too, and then been able to return to eating sugar. So it isn't insulin that is the problem in such people. It must be something that is in the body which is not meant to be there. I believe that something is probably a fungus, like candida. I'll do a lot of research on this when I go to school for microbiology after my deployment and I'll post here in this forum if I ever find anything.

Take care everyone, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Tony

Thanks, Tony.

This is a great thread. Even for the doubters (myself included), you've provided a lot of food for thought (pun intended). I'll be looking into this.

Tony basically has the essential supplements that helped clear my acne also.

Multivitamin- make sure it is not synthetic, I personally use the one of the best multivitamins on the market. Its the best valued multi on the market i believe, most others are overpriced and way to expensive.

Source naturals- life force multiple

it is rated 4th out of over 500 other multivitamins in this extensive comparitive guide

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/405307/Multivitamin-Guide

vitamin d3- already covered

fish oil- already covered

basic zinc chelated supplement

and this last supplement is considered the most potent antioxidant in the ENTIRE WORLD, its called Astaxanthin and is amazing for your skin and will give it a god-like glow. Also it greatly reduces inflammation, lowers triglyceride levels (which is one of the factors that is known to cause acne), and much much more. This was definetly a huge contributer to improve my acne. Highly recommended

here is a huge e-book that you can read that tells you all about its miraculous benefits

http://www.vitacost.com/Products/Literature/Astaxanthin.pdf

You had some good points there. I would just like to object to Candida. Pretty much everything you read online about Candida is just pure bogus. Other than less than objective Candida websites there's little evidence that Candida is a big issue for many people.

As to Candida being out of control and growing in the blood... it just doesn't happen. At least not until you are very severely ill. It can't be a widespread issue since mortality rates for systematic Candida infection varies from 45% to 70%.

Those anti-Candida diets help because they bring down insulin levels chronic inflammation - not because they would somehow rid yourself of Candida overgrowth.

http://www.natural-acne-solution.com/candida-acne.html

There are too many people with success stories to rule out candida. I took antibiotics for 18 months and it made my acne about 10x worse. I cured it with the anti candida diet.

I also tried your "Clear for Life" and it ruined 6 months of work.

There are too many people with success stories to rule out candida.

Because when you follow an anti-candida diet, it's pretty hard to not be following a blood sugar stabilizing diet that avoids most sources of food intolerance and lectins. And you are most likely following a pretty anti-inflammatory diet as well.

I didn't follow an anti-candida diet but managed to get rid of my candida using antifungals and probiotics, so for me candida was a very real issue, linked to a childhood of antibi's. I had all the classic symptoms - sweet tooth, white coated tongue, frequent thrush infections, brain fog, persistent headahes, fatigue, anxiety...when I think back to how ill I was it is truely staggering that I lived like that for so long. Formula SF722 is what worked for me, without following a strict candida diet apart from the obvious course of action of avoiding all refined carbs and sugar. Think that goes to show that candida is a very real issue for those that it truey effects.

That said, I can totally see how following a blood stabilizing diet like the anti-candida one discussed, would do alot for acne without candida being a real issue in the first place.

There are too many people with success stories to rule out candida.

Because when you follow an anti-candida diet, it's pretty hard to not be following a blood sugar stabilizing diet that avoids most sources of food intolerance and lectins. And you are most likely following a pretty anti-inflammatory diet as well.

Well exactly. Though I did have candida symptoms though, and plenty of them. I concluded it was candida because of all the anti-biotics I took, which only made it worse. I also had a horrendous "die off" effect when I went on the diet.

Can't help but be mildly bugged by people who advise such nonsense just because they had a few pimples which went away for whatever reason however. Because they stopped trying so hard or went on a low fat diet, or whatever it was. Seppo is a good writer but I think he should switch to fiction as his strategy doesn't actually work for real acne.

Your signature does seem to correlate with the reduction I experienced before.

Edited by En Be