Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Goneandnvrcominbak

Long awaited pics of my scars

I finally had the courage to post pics of my scars. It took alot of willpower to post it especially with a head shot so here they are before i decide to delete them...

So, everyone on these boards i think are familiar with my posts regarding my acne prone, super oily skin with alot of pitted acne scarring especially on my right cheek and right temple. i have some icepicks and boxcars on my left, but its not as bad as my right. I tried my best to take pics of my scars but for one thing, my camera on my iphone sucks (old iphone) and i dont have any flourescent lighting anywhere in my house so i had to take it in my bathroom and bedroom where it was the brightest.

In these pics, my scars dont look as bad as i thought it would be but in reality and in the other pics that i took (i could only upload 3 cuz it says thats the maximum, if someone can tell me how to post more pics or add more attachments, let me know so i can post the other 10 pics) i posted the worst looking ones BTW

I hate how my bedroom lighting makes it look decent or not that bad but omg if i were outside especially in overcast weather or if u were to see me in person than you would definitely know its really bad. Im not wearing any makeup at all and i know there is some redness in my cheeks. I would say i have all three scars which are ice pick, boxcar and rolling.

I dont wear makeup at all anymore btw and havent for a while so im out and about with all this scarring for the whole world to see. Some people ive talked to on here ask how i go out without makeup and not trying to cover my scars. I tell them that im just sick and tired of having to put on my face, how time consuming it is and not to mention that im scared of breaking out even more. Even though im HELLA self conscious and obsessed and depressed with my skin, i do go out without makeup. Hard to believe right?

If anyone has any advice on what i should do with my scars, please let me know. I love how alot of people on here are real supportive although there are some trolls. Do know that I am on a regimen to control my acne (look at my signature) and I've just been diagnosed as of yesterday with PCOS. :cry: that explains all my breakouts and SUPER oily skin.

Also, if anyone wants to see more pics of my scars or has any advice or questions, feel free to reply down below or message me.

Please excuse the messy hair and glasses (yes i have really bad eyes).

Also, only constructive criticism please. NO BITCHASSNESS lol.

post-135697-1293101678_thumb.jpg

post-135697-1293101536_thumb.jpg

post-135697-1293101404_thumb.jpg

post-135697-1293101404_thumb.jpg

post-135697-1293101536_thumb.jpg

post-135697-1293101678_thumb.jpg

Edited by frannymae

Hey! The good thing is that your scars aren't as obvious as you think they are; the second picture shows that. It shows your lovely self and the scarring takes second place to that. :)

I'd suggest a retinoid but I don't think it'll fit in with your regimen. Once your acne is cleared up and you've started the treatment for PCOS you could consider the retinoid. They definitely soften scarring, even indented and deep scars. TCA CROSS is an option as well (but I really do not recommend doing it at home!)

Hey! The good thing is that your scars aren't as obvious as you think they are; the second picture shows that. It shows your lovely self and the scarring takes second place to that. :)

I'd suggest a retinoid but I don't think it'll fit in with your regimen. Once your acne is cleared up and you've started the treatment for PCOS you could consider the retinoid. They definitely soften scarring, even indented and deep scars. TCA CROSS is an option as well (but I really do not recommend doing it at home!)

Hi wynne

thanks for the reply and your kindness. Im actually using vivant's exfol a serum which has vitamin a propianate which supposedly is similar to other retinoids cept for the fact that it contains other acids such as glycolic, kojic and lactic. Sometimes i think it helps with the scarring and other times i feel that it makes it worse. I actually stopped using it a few months ago cuz i thought it was contributing to the scarring and also i heard alot of people getting more scars from using retinoids but than i started using it again about almost a month now so i cant say for sure if its making things worse or not.

Im also not going to be doing any treatment for my pcos right now cuz my doctor said that its not severe at the moment although my hormones levels are high. I go back in 3 months to check on it. Do you think i could dermaroll or dermastamp the pitted areas wynne? Your very wise and have contributed alot to the threads so im thankful for you posting a reply. Please let me know your opinion. Thanks!

Franny Mae,

First off, BRAVO, for having the courage to post your pictures. For someone who also feels the exact same way about her skin, I applaud you for having the courage to do this.

I must agree with Wynn, I really don't think your scarring is as horrible as it may feel to you. However, I can totally relate. I have scarring that is similar and I often feel like a deformed troll beast when I catch my reflection in icky lighting.

Though I don't believe I have PCOS, I do have a pretty decent history of savage ovarian cysts, which I'm pretty darn sure have contributed over the years to some of my nodular acne that I couldn't leave alone, and now have scars from as a result!

I was put on Spiro in Oct. beacause at 36 I told the Derm, "ENOUGH!"!! I would still get the occasional beast on my chin and I was SO over it! I only take 50mg a day plus I'm on Yaz and that seems to help so far.

I've undergone several eMatrix resurfacing treatments and those have help minimize some of the scars that I have. If you're interested you can look at the eMatrix threads to see the progress of mine and others.

I do use tretinonin cream, 0.025 cream daily. I've only been using it since May, so in combo w/ the eMatrix I guess it's helped. I will say, whenever I do get a regular, run of the mill pimple, it does help it heal quicker and doesn't leave as bad of a post inflamatory mark. Perhaps I'll see more treatment in the months to come.

Are you considering dermarolling and/or TCA Cross? I have both a dermaroller and the acid, but I'm too chicken to use either. Then I discovered eMatrix and decided to give that a go. I also get really good price deals and enjoy my aesthetician, so I'm going to continue to go that route.

I don't know if I've helped you at all, but I was compelled to respond and commend your kindness at posting your pictures!

Best of luck with your future treatments:)

Merry Christmas and God Bless!

hey franny mae,

good to see a fellow bay area person, I am in the bay too!

i suggest waiting for all acne to clear up and dermstamp/roll and individual needling and possible some light tca peels for the color.

hey franny mae,

good to see a fellow bay area person, I am in the bay too!

i suggest waiting for all acne to clear up and dermstamp/roll and individual needling and possible some light tca peels for the color.

best way to prevent scarring from acne is icing each pimple for about 5-10 min. if its clustered then you can just put it on that area. try not to use strong cleansers or cream because those can make acne worst if it irritates your skin. if you have PCOS, then probably fixing that issue will be best bet to stop or keep acne at minimum.

PCOS may affect insulin level, suggest low carb diet will help with inflammation and acne.

Edited by chee6119

I see lots of red marks and some active acne which makes it look worse than it really is.

Have you tried the Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) regimen? If not, you may want to give that a try. It can take care of your acne and oily skin.

Hi wynne

thanks for the reply and your kindness. Im actually using vivant's exfol a serum which has vitamin a propianate which supposedly is similar to other retinoids cept for the fact that it contains other acids such as glycolic, kojic and lactic. Sometimes i think it helps with the scarring and other times i feel that it makes it worse. I actually stopped using it a few months ago cuz i thought it was contributing to the scarring and also i heard alot of people getting more scars from using retinoids but than i started using it again about almost a month now so i cant say for sure if its making things worse or not.

Im also not going to be doing any treatment for my pcos right now cuz my doctor said that its not severe at the moment although my hormones levels are high. I go back in 3 months to check on it. Do you think i could dermaroll or dermastamp the pitted areas wynne? Your very wise and have contributed alot to the threads so im thankful for you posting a reply. Please let me know your opinion. Thanks!

I like the other suggestions you're getting here. And I haven't any others! :P

I'm not sure I understand why your doctor isn't treating the PCOS right now even if the hormonal levels aren't greatly abnormal. Untreated PCOS can lead to some rather unpleasant things besides acne. Maybe call and ask for treatment as you want to make sure you have less risk of developing problems from the PCOS. Getting the acne under control will also obviously limit potential future scarring. :)

I recently posted about my experience with subcision. Your scars look like they would respond well to the same treatment. Just make sure you find a good doctor with experience in the field.

i have scars on my face and stuff also. mine are alot worse than yours. cos they are on my forhead and entire cheeks. i had 1 co2 laser refurbishing surgery done and was extremely happy. my skin is soo bad that i have to get 2 more done. yours on the other hand- 1 surgury and i'm 85% sure that that is all you will be needing. i had my entire face done for $4,000. but just to get done your scars i'm estimating is only going to be about $1500. ok idk how much money you have or anything but i kno i dont make alot and it was a big investment but i wouldn't change it for anything. i've tried absolutely everything you have no idea and this is the only thing that worked. and it did amazing. its not even a major surgery or anyting. they give you some anesthesia and its takes like 30 minutes and you just chill at home for a week so your face can like heal. but its doesnt hurt or anything - like after it just feels like you have a mud mask on your face cos your skin was controlled burned and its a little swollen and tight. but noo pain.

Hello frannymae i Hope you keep fighting your acne like you are Girl and i know how you feel too man i was there 3 or 4 yrs ago before my skin got super clear.. i feel oneday you will have clear skin sooner rather then later...and i dont think your skin is super bad and the people that live in your area that may commit about your skin and may point and talk about you just so they can get a Laugh are some lameass people.. LOL they the same as trolls who spend there whole day being Harded computer gangsters :razz: they both show signs of BITCHASSNESS <<-- :)

Also have you tryed acnescript for oily skin it helped me bigtime because my face was like a sea of oil :lol: it may help with the scaring too..anyway i hope things keep getting better for you skin.

and may i ask but whats PCOS??

Please don't take this the wrong way (I'am the last person to ever try and diminish the anguish that you feel) but from the posts I have read of yours and the way you have described your scars I was seriously expecting to see a severely scarred face when I opened your topic.

My goodness. Your scars are so not noticeable. When you see your face in its entirety, the way every single person views a face the first thing I noticed is how you have the most gorgeous glowing skin. So lovely!

It is amazing how we focus on what we perceive to be great imperfections. When for the most part I bet someone is looking at you going, "I really wish my skin glowed like hers" or "I wish I had her smile"....

Guest Timehealsall

wow franny, some courage you got there (and amazing bone structure!)

To add on to the icing thing, you could try taking ibuprofen to maybe help control the inflammation?

Hi Sassy74

Thanks. I know the pic quality is whack but its what i had at the moment. I know alot of people are telling me that it doesnet even look that bad but these pictures dont do me justice. I wish people here can see me in person. Well im thinking about buying a derma stamp. But im not gna stamp until probably next month. Thanks for the kind response!

Franny Mae,

First off, BRAVO, for having the courage to post your pictures. For someone who also feels the exact same way about her skin, I applaud you for having the courage to do this.

I must agree with Wynn, I really don't think your scarring is as horrible as it may feel to you. However, I can totally relate. I have scarring that is similar and I often feel like a deformed troll beast when I catch my reflection in icky lighting.

Though I don't believe I have PCOS, I do have a pretty decent history of savage ovarian cysts, which I'm pretty darn sure have contributed over the years to some of my nodular acne that I couldn't leave alone, and now have scars from as a result!

I was put on Spiro in Oct. beacause at 36 I told the Derm, "ENOUGH!"!! I would still get the occasional beast on my chin and I was SO over it! I only take 50mg a day plus I'm on Yaz and that seems to help so far.

I've undergone several eMatrix resurfacing treatments and those have help minimize some of the scars that I have. If you're interested you can look at the eMatrix threads to see the progress of mine and others.

I do use tretinonin cream, 0.025 cream daily. I've only been using it since May, so in combo w/ the eMatrix I guess it's helped. I will say, whenever I do get a regular, run of the mill pimple, it does help it heal quicker and doesn't leave as bad of a post inflamatory mark. Perhaps I'll see more treatment in the months to come.

Are you considering dermarolling and/or TCA Cross? I have both a dermaroller and the acid, but I'm too chicken to use either. Then I discovered eMatrix and decided to give that a go. I also get really good price deals and enjoy my aesthetician, so I'm going to continue to go that route.

I don't know if I've helped you at all, but I was compelled to respond and commend your kindness at posting your pictures!

Best of luck with your future treatments:)

Merry Christmas and God Bless!

awww thanks Joe Peeps! I dont think im attractive at all. My scars may look minor in the pics but there not... THanks tho for the kind words as well!

I know you've heard this before buy you're very attractive and the scars are minor...but i guess not to you.

Hi Richard1986

I havent been breaking out really bad like before. Its been pretty much under control. I just have bad skin texture and alot of scarring. I have tried acnescript! It didnt really help me. It actually broke me out in 2 cysts where I already HAD scarring making it worse! It kinda helped with the oiliness but my skin looked really dull. Like i had a death like appearance to my face.

I hope things get better too. The acnescript seemed like it made more acne scarring BTW so i stopped taking it. Too bad cuz it cut the oiliness. Thanks!

Hello frannymae i Hope you keep fighting your acne like you are Girl and i know how you feel too man i was there 3 or 4 yrs ago before my skin got super clear.. i feel oneday you will have clear skin sooner rather then later...and i dont think your skin is super bad and the people that live in your area that may commit about your skin and may point and talk about you just so they can get a Laugh are some lameass people.. LOL they the same as trolls who spend there whole day being Harded computer gangsters :razz: they both show signs of BITCHASSNESS <<-- :)

Also have you tryed acnescript for oily skin it helped me bigtime because my face was like a sea of oil :lol: it may help with the scaring too..anyway i hope things keep getting better for you skin.

and may i ask but whats PCOS??

Nice bone structure eh? lol thanks. I never got that before.

wow franny, some courage you got there (and amazing bone structure!)

To add on to the icing thing, you could try taking ibuprofen to maybe help control the inflammation?

My pictures really decieve in this thread. My scars ARE really that bad especially in person and regular lighting. The lighting i used was really the brightest but its acually quite low and was taken wid my old iphone.

Thanks for the kind words tho. Glowing skin? ahaha thanks! its actually my really OILY skin that makes it look glowy plus the lighting. Your so incredibly amazing for posting such kind words. My scarring has gotten worse since than. My left side is scarring randomly too so i dont know whats going on. I think that my scarring is an absolute IMPERFECTION. and its only getting worse from there.

Thanks tho!

Please don't take this the wrong way (I'am the last person to ever try and diminish the anguish that you feel) but from the posts I have read of yours and the way you have described your scars I was seriously expecting to see a severely scarred face when I opened your topic.

My goodness. Your scars are so not noticeable. When you see your face in its entirety, the way every single person views a face the first thing I noticed is how you have the most gorgeous glowing skin. So lovely!

It is amazing how we focus on what we perceive to be great imperfections. When for the most part I bet someone is looking at you going, "I really wish my skin glowed like hers" or "I wish I had her smile"....

Guest Timehealsall

i dont know why i am posting in this thread, but i am very very sad with my skin.

I just started university again (3rd year) upper division courses and i already ditched all of my classes. I also cried a shit load today.

Just letting you know that you definitely are not alone..

I would also like to point out that i have stopped talking to people completely. I dont talk to my parents, my brother, people in class, my professors.

I just dont.

:(

I had similar scarring on both cheeks but they are a bit worse.

I had a mixto co2 laser treatment and also cosmelan treatment following that. Had a significant improvement. It takes time but it was worth the wait I suppose. I also completely phased everyone out of my life for a year or 2 as well because of my acne/scarring.

And its great that you are female because guys like myself just can't wear makeup ever so it really is a bit more painful.

Edited by kaiji88
I had similar scarring on both cheeks but they are a bit worse.

I had a mixto co2 laser treatment and also cosmelan treatment following that. Had a significant improvement. It takes time but it was worth the wait I suppose. I also completely phased everyone out of my life for a year or 2 as well because of my acne/scarring.

And its great that you are female because guys like myself just can't wear makeup ever so it really is a bit more painful.

Sorry for the late response but I have to disagree with u on the makeup part. I think wearing makeup only makes the pitted scarring worse. thats why i dont wear makeup anymore b/c it accentuates my pores and my scars.

Oh and an update!

I still am scarring on areas where I havent had previous acne. I've basically come to the conclusion that my skin is hopeless and that even if I tried to do any type of treatment for my scarring, I think the result will just turn out bad since my skin is healing poorly. Either this shits hereditary or I have some sort of disease that I dont know about.

Ive got my blood test done and they said that there's nothing wrong cept for the PCOS part. I just feel so hopeless now. Im only 22 and I can only imagine when I'm 30. Ugh. I'd rather have acne and being able to not leave indented scars than being somewhat clear now and have all this shit on my face.

SOrry for the rant again. I hope everyone out there is finding better luck with treatments.

LOVE

Fran