Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NJGUY

Nothin worked, not even accutane, now what?

hey im 19 years old and im going to make this real short and to the point, i have had acne since i was 14 years old, over the 5 year course i have spent well over 10,000$ just treating my acne alone, with my money, i spent alot on accutane this past january thinking this would cure me, it worked a bit but 1 months after i stoped, acne is back and again real bad, i have severely bad acne and on top of that serverly bad acne scars, i go through the day to day struggle like everyone else that has acne, not wanting to go out, scared when people look at me, ect ect, what i would like you guys to help me with is there anything else i can try out there? everyone keeps telling me dont give up theres something out there for you? but i have tried everything, and i think just about everything, only thing maybe i havent tried is that new murad whatever i seen the commericals, that and probly something called natures cure or something,? tried everything from accutane to b5, eating healthy, all the derm pills, all the over the counter produts, proactiv and so on, SO PLEASE HELP ME GUYS AND TELL ME THERES SOMETHING OUT THERE THAT CAN CURE MY ACNE AND HELP ME ! thanks and god bless you all.

my acne is just like yours, started coming back a month after accutane. i've tried it all, including murad and natures cure, and its ALL crap. i've noticed that a good diet does help somewhat. i'm now doing a regimen of minocycline and tazorac and it seems to be working okay. if i don't see significant improvement within the next few months, i'll be going for a second round of accutane. from my experience, the best thing to do is to see a dermatologist.

NJGUY,

I'm currently 19 also and the first time I had a pimple was like 12 years old (yeah, I know it sucks). I ended accutane a few months ago and after the course pimples started to come back. I don't know if you've tried anti-biotics, but just wanted to make this post in hope that it can help you because it's working quite well for me. Well, after the acne started to be more active again, I was and am currently on:

Morning:

-Wash face with Dove Soap

-Apply Clyndamacin Gel

-Take one pill of 100 mg Doxycycline

Afternoon

-Wash face with Dove Soap (sometimes only water) or don't wash face at all

-Apply Clydamacin Gel

Night:

-Wash face with Dove Soap (sometimes only water)

-Apply Retin-A (not micro)

-Take one pill of 100 mg Doxycycline

Hope that helps, NJGUY. Take care.

That is an awesome regimen HGspikes. I do something similar too. Heres what I do:

Doxycycline 100mg oral 2 times a day morn and night.

Wash with Plexion Cleanser 2X daily morn night in hot shower.

Apply topical clindamycin solution morning.

Apply Differin Gel at night.

I have been on the topicals for 4 months and added the oral antibiotic and Plexion about 2 months ago and I am almost crystal clear, but have some marks and reddness from time to time...2 thumbs up on your reg too. Give it at least 12 weeks though to clear you up proper..

Smoothbeamin... cool.gif

thanks for replys but yea ive tried Doxycycline and monocyline and all derm pills, i was thinking about accutane again but thats 700$ a month cause i have no insurance and im broke sad.gif so i dont know wtf im going to do. is there anything besides accutane? or accutane is the strongest? theres gotta be someone out there that accutane didnt work for them and something else did? help

$700 a month! shit man, that sucks. I live in the uk and got my accutane for like $15 a month on the NHS.... no need for life insurance. move over here.

Hey guyz if u have had accutane and it didn't work, Seriously just say fuck it and go about ur life. I know how u guyz feel, especially me who ( not to sound cockey) was good lookin and could get any girl i wanted got severe acne at 15-17 - accutane cleared me in 5 months. 2 months later and i haven't had a pimple in forever, but i do have blackheads on my nose still. Just say fuk it, go about ur lives and don't stress urselfs out. Alot of ppl find that if they forget about acne it tends to go away. Although it's a hard pill to swollow, just do it.

Hey guyz if u have had accutane and it didn't work, Seriously just say fuck it and go about ur life. I know how u guyz feel, especially me who ( not to sound cockey) was good lookin and could get any girl i wanted got severe acne at 15-17 - accutane cleared me in 5 months. 2 months later and i haven't had a pimple in forever, but i do have blackheads on my nose still. Just say fuk it, go about ur lives and don't stress urselfs out. Alot of ppl find that if they forget about acne it tends to go away. Although it's a hard pill to swollow, just do it.

yup, although i feel like shit, basically cause i have wasted so much money, and like you said thekid, i am also a good looking guy and prob can get any girl with my personallty and charm, but its hard looking like this, and im trying not to give up and say fuck it, if that was the case i would of never got on this board and asked for help, so please if anyone else out there accutane didnt work and something else worked let me and others that are suffering know.

easy for u to say thekid cuz u got cleared up, i bet u won't be saying "fuck it" if by chance ur acne came back just as bad as before if not worse.

tried low dossages of Accutane, may be you could do a course with a high dossage ( 40mg per day) and after 6 month drop the dossage to 20mg and then to 10mg and keep using for a long period of time

Also you could try Finasteride ( Propecia , Proscar ) or Dutasteride ( Avodart)

Also you could add to your treatment Nizoral shampoo ( the 2% will be the best ) , just wash your face with it

Guest David

NJguy, you have a hormonal problem.

If acne comes back straight after finishing accutane, and is still severe then the problem is with excess hormone production.

I have read this is medical documents in the past.

You've got nothing to lose, so why not try that route.

I don't know what "route" he means, but my cousin did 120 mg of Accutane a day for a few months so I would try that. And about the money, I'm on Accutane and I get it for free. The Roche company has a program for people without insurance. I pay for the derm. appointments but that's all. I'm 6 weeks into Accutane and I'm trying to mentally prepare for it failing to work because I know there's a percentage who aren't helped by it. I'm pretty sure mine's hormonal, too, so I won't be surprised.

There's laser treatment - N-lite but thats expensive, like $400 for a single session but it reduces acne by 50% for 3 months

Guest David

TJGUY:

If sebum production quickly returns to

pre-treatment levels following a course of Accutane, elevated androgen levels

should be suspected in both men and women, and an endocrinologist should be

consulted. If androgen levels are normal, and a patient relapses following

multiple Accutane courses, some doctors will prescribe a low dose of Accutane

to be taken continuously (with regular blood tests). If elevated androgens

are the cause of excess sebum, it will only be temporarily suppressed by

Accutane.

did accutane help at all? how much do you weigh?

80mg's for 4months is a little awkward dosage. Most derms will start you off at a lower dose so your body gets used to it, then work you up..

If your side-effects from accutane were minimal i would highly suggest taking 20mg a day for about 6 months (3600mg's total) plus what you've taken over your last course 9600 == 13200mg's. That is quite a bit of accutane. If you weigh around 150lbs, the suggested mg amount to take for permenent results is 8,888 (i think? it's around there)....

If 20mg a day is too much go to 10mg a day. No biggie.

i weigh 180, put me on 80mg cause my acne is seriourly VERY bad, derm even said, i had the worst acne he has seen, so yea its bad, accutane worked a bit and i was pretty happy although i had a face full off spots and scars but no breakouts, but 1 month after came back hard, now its like 3 months i been on it and its really bad.