Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CJ1981

What worked for me.....

Hi all

I just wanted to pass a small tip onto anyone who wants to give it a go.

I have had back acne for approximately 18 months. Nothing worked so I started on the regime in July 2010. My back got better at times but then would just get worse.....for 3 months it was a continual cycle of having it slightly improve only to break out every few weeks. But I stuck with the BP going through 2 large bottles a month at least.

While persisting with the BP regime I started trying head n shoulders, white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, you name it I tried it to no avail.

Anyway in October I started washing my back twice a day in the shower with sulfur soap (brand is sulfresh) and in a little over 2 months later I have NO big red sore pimples. I did have some dryness for the first week or so because I was washing it twice a day plus using heaps of BP twice a day.

The last big sore break out i had was on 10th of October (was at my friends wedding so I remember the date) and this is what prompted me to try the soap.

I buy it off ebay - $6 for three bars of soap and it works wonders!

I have not used any BP for 3 weeks now and I have no pimples on my back. I do have small red spots but they are just old marks.

Anyway that's my long winded story. I think the soap is well worth trying for back acne.

Edited by CJ1981

I have tried sulfur soap in the past and I hardly noticed a difference. I'm not saying it's not worth a try, it probably will work on a lot of people, I'm just saying it didn't work for me. I used an all natural sulfur bar that had aloe in it.

Edited by Macy:)