Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mary25

Have acne? Here's the solution...

Hello everyone,

I wanted to let you all know what I did to clear my acne.

I had been suffering from acne since I was 20...I am 25 now. I had the worst acne and I was beginning to think that I was going to be dealing with this crap for the rest of my life. I had gone to so many doctors and derms, and had been prescribed every acne medication out there. My boss, who is pretty old, 70, told me to start using Vitamin E products...that's what he used to use and what his daughters use. I went ahead and purchased Vitamin E cream and Vitamin E oil. I stopped using all the cheminal bullshit I was prescribed and began this routine:

1. Wash with a soothing cleanser in the morning; make sure there are no alcohols, bp, salicylic acid or perfumes in the cleanser (do not use "deep" cleansing products - this makes acne worse...if you don't believe me look at your skin).

2. Apply Vitamin E cream after cleansing. If you wear make-up, you can apply AFTER the vitamin E cream has absorbed completely into the skin.

3. After your long day at work, school or whatever, wash your skin again with the same cleanser mentioned above.

4. Apply a small amount of Vitamin E oil on your face and leave on for about 30mins to an hour, then rinse off (no cleanser), rinse with only water. After you rinse, your skin should feel as though there is still a small amount of the oil left...this is how your skin should be.

5. Apply Vitamin E cream, and 1 Aleve pill before bed. Aleve is an anti-inflammatory, and will decrease swelling and redness.

Repeat 1-5 each day.

You should start to see and feel your skin healing. It will feel hydrated and smooth. Scars will start to heal. Give it some time before you start to see the difference...about 1 week, however, could be longer depending on the person.

This worked for me, and I have been clear for 3 months. I should mention that I am 25 and female.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP using chemicals on your face. It does more hard than good. I have been using chemicals for soooo many years and nothing worked! And on top of that, who wants to be using that crap for years to come??? It only makes you peel and makes you red. If the chemicals haven't worked yet for you, then don't use them, they don't work. If you are someone who uses them, try not using them and see what happens! They aren't a cure. And I am not saying my routine is a cure, but it definitely keeps acne under control while providing BENEFITS to your skin!!!

Just as a side note....

People are usually told that by drying out the infected area will bring clear skin??? This is far from the truth. If you dry out the skin what you're doing is telling the body to pump more oil to the face for hydration, which in turn breaks you out even more.

The key here is to always moisturize your face...no matter how bad it is! Just look at all the drying chemicals you have put on your face only to see more pimples pop up the next day!

Just FYI, Taking NSAIDs (like Aleve, Advil, etc.) occasionally should be okay for most people. But long-term daily use may not be healthy. Overuse can cause bleeding, gastrointestinal, and kidney problems.

You are absolutely right! Sorry I should have mentioned that Aleve should only be taken in the first couple of weeks - recommend only 1 a day with a meal. This is just to ease your skin through the transition. After this, you won'y be needing them!

Edited by Mary25

The cleanser I use is by Vivier gentle soothing wash (best one I have ever used and lasts me 4 months!) and I use Jamieson's facial Vitamin E cream and Vitamin E oil. You can use any brand as long as it's highest potency for both.

Edited by Mary25

I can't emphasize enough how much this routine has changed my life. I know first hand and understand how most people feel - always feeling like people are staring at your acne, not being able to look at people directly in the face, feeling like you just want to stay home and wait 'til it's somewhat cleared - I've been there and done that. My acne got to the point where I didn't even want to go to school and would miss days, that's how bad it was.

My friends who suffered from acne adopted the same routine and they thank me everyday.

The problem these days is that we are convinced the only way to get rid of acne are through chemical products that destory our skin. With all the chemicals out there and all the chemicals that are used on so many faces, you have to start to wonder what your future skin will look like - wrinkly and old looking! Why? Because we are sucking ALL the moisture away from a our skin. If you're dealing with acne now and using chemicals to treat it, your next problem is going to be early aging of the skin!

Edited by Mary25

I'd caution against using Aleve, or any OTC pain relievers! I can understand the theory for taking them, mainly being these could be used for a decent anti-inflammatory. It's probably not too good for your liver, and alot of these contain a binder called Lactose Monohydrate. In either case, probably not good for your acne in the long run. Stick to dieting, probiotics, or virgin coconut oil...look for more holistic options.

Like I have said earlier, if you take Aleve just for few days to a week, this should be ok - it's not long term!

What Vitamin E Products do you use? Brand?

Hello everyone,

I wanted to let you all know what I did to clear my acne.

I had been suffering from acne since I was 20...I am 25 now. I had the worst acne and I was beginning to think that I was going to be dealing with this crap for the rest of my life. I had gone to so many doctors and derms, and had been prescribed every acne medication out there. My boss, who is pretty old, 70, told me to start using Vitamin E products...that's what he used to use and what his daughters use. I went ahead and purchased Vitamin E cream and Vitamin E oil. I stopped using all the cheminal bullshit I was prescribed and began this routine:

1. Wash with a soothing cleanser in the morning; make sure there are no alcohols, bp, salicylic acid or perfumes in the cleanser (do not use "deep" cleansing products - this makes acne worse...if you don't believe me look at your skin).

2. Apply Vitamin E cream after cleansing. If you wear make-up, you can apply AFTER the vitamin E cream has absorbed completely into the skin.

3. After your long day at work, school or whatever, wash your skin again with the same cleanser mentioned above.

4. Apply a small amount of Vitamin E oil on your face and leave on for about 30mins to an hour, then rinse off (no cleanser), rinse with only water. After you rinse, your skin should feel as though there is still a small amount of the oil left...this is how your skin should be.

5. Apply Vitamin E cream, and 1 Aleve pill before bed. Aleve is an anti-inflammatory, and will decrease swelling and redness.

Repeat 1-5 each day.

You should start to see and feel your skin healing. It will feel hydrated and smooth. Scars will start to heal. Give it some time before you start to see the difference...about 1 week, however, could be longer depending on the person.

This worked for me, and I have been clear for 3 months. I should mention that I am 25 and female.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP using chemicals on your face. It does more hard than good. I have been using chemicals for soooo many years and nothing worked! And on top of that, who wants to be using that crap for years to come??? It only makes you peel and makes you red. If the chemicals haven't worked yet for you, then don't use them, they don't work. If you are someone who uses them, try not using them and see what happens! They aren't a cure. And I am not saying my routine is a cure, but it definitely keeps acne under control while providing BENEFITS to your skin!!!

Edited by polly1234

Wrong. The molecular structure of vitamin e makes it impossible to penetrate the skin. It just sits on top and does nothing. Any "benefits", which I do not doubt you have, are coming from the other ingredients in the products you use.

Wrong. The molecular structure of vitamin e makes it impossible to penetrate the skin. It just sits on top and does nothing. Any "benefits", which I do not doubt you have, are coming from the other ingredients in the products you use.

Umm... not that I think Vitamin E is what did it, but tocopherols and tocotrienols can definitely penetrate. In fact they often gravitate towards the sebaceous glands....

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9470177

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15608499

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9119243

And there's plenty more..

Hi Polly 1234,

I use jamieson products.

As for the other posts, you can't say I'm wrong or say anything is wrong if it works for that particular individual. If chemicals don't work for most people (which as you can see for most of the posts on here), then I guess all those scientists/doctors/derms are wrong as well. Every body reacts differently to different products. I tested all the products I'm using which isn't very many products to begin with. I used my cleanser on its own for 4 months and nothing. I used all the chemicals for years and nothing. When I incorporated Vitamin E products, BAM - BIG DIFFERENCE! To say that Vitamin E cream does nothing is bullshit - going against all the doctors/derms I have seen since then. Why is it when I apply it at night, my face is not dry at ALL if it does nothing? Why am I not breaking out when I use these products? This is evidence enough for me that it works regardless of what anyone else thinks. If I can see, ACTUALLY SEE the benefits why would I stop? That's enough proof for me. It's all trial and error and I found what works for me - and for my friends who suffered from acne? They started using it and the same benefits were seen with them. I also stopped using the vitamin e products to see what would happen and go figure I break out! If you haven't tried it then you can't judge the product - straight up! I found out we have a VITAMIN E CLINIC here and I did some research and they swear by vitamin e products for everything.

To those people who have suffered from acne and can't seem to get it to go away, then why not try these products?? You have absolutely nothing to lose. Don't listen to anyone who says something doesn't work - you have to try it out for yourself. We are not all born with the same body!

When I got a reaction to BP and SA and my face completely turned red and burned, I used vitamin e oil and guess what it healed my face within 1 1/2 days. You want the FACT!? When you suck all the moisture and oils from your face, your body will NATURALLY produce more oil to hydrate your face, in turn, your face breaks out! Come on people, just look at what your using and see the common theme here - they all dry you face out! And for those people who have had luck from these chemicals, then I am happy - but stop using them and see what happens! It's bad enough we suffer from acne, why would we want to suffer from dry, cracked, peeling skin? AWFUL!

TRY IT AND JUDGE FOR YOURSELF!

Umm... not that I think Vitamin E is what did it, but tocopherols and tocotrienols can definitely penetrate. In fact they often gravitate towards the sebaceous glands....

GREAT STUFF! Thanks for adding that!

Oh crap, are you kidding me?? I thought this was about something else hahaha wow I am a dumby. Sorry about that people, my brain has been a little foggy with the medication... embarrassing.

Oh crap, are you kidding me?? I thought this was about something else hahaha wow I am a dumby. Sorry about that people, my brain has been a little foggy with the medication... embarrassing.

LMAO! No worries...meds will do that to you!

Guest Timehealsall
I'd caution against using Aleve, or any OTC pain relievers! I can understand the theory for taking them, mainly being these could be used for a decent anti-inflammatory. It's probably not too good for your liver, and alot of these contain a binder called Lactose Monohydrate. In either case, probably not good for your acne in the long run. Stick to dieting, probiotics, or virgin coconut oil...look for more holistic options.

any suggestions as to which probiotics to use?

I heard in some other forums as well they use vit E capsules -which are to be taken as pill but has juice inside so they cut it to take the juice lol- to heal a scar or burn. what i remember from biology class is vit E is absorbed by oil into cells. thats why they say put some olive oil on your tomatoes :)

What about the acne.org regime which says use more Bp when in doubt? I would love to never put bp on my face or sa but are there any side effects to lots of vit e?

Trust me, use Aqueous cream as a facewash and moisterizer morning and night, and your acne will clear up. For years I've been using oil-free products, along with every other acne product on the market (except accutane) which was just keeping me in a cycle of breakouts.

I'd been thinking that I had oily skin, so keep using all these oil-free and oil-reducing products which I think is the root of most acne. Drying out the skin is most probably what opens it up to infection from acne bacteria - I'm no doctor but this has been my experience.

Aqueous Cream helps retain moisture, which would otherwise be drawn out from your skin leaving an oily film on your skin. I would have never believed that using this oil based cream would give me the clear/matt finish that I have now but this did.

In London I found the Boots branded Aqueous Cream was better than the E45, as the latter left more of an oily texture to my skin. The boots version is absorb quickly and my skin doesn't have a shiny look. Its cheap and worth the try.

well i started using vitamin e oil after i was already clear, but i have to say it has been the greatest at improving the texture of my skin. also when i do get a zit i find that the vitamin e oil shrinks it overnight. its awesome! i use natures gate roll on at bedtime. i had to get used to going to bed with a greasy face but the results are worth it. totally amazing stuff.