Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mimi-87

Insulin jabs could banish unsightly scars

And let me give u another hint

Even in this article they said insulin injections "similar" to those used for treating diabetes.

So they are establishing a new hormone , which I guess will be slower than insulin in results

While the woman retored her hand by local insulin

Again , it is MONEY

Edited by mimi-87
I've said this in the other thread before I'm tempted to try this with ordinary insulin shots but don't recommend others to do so.

I wonder what the difference is with the insulin hormone versus regular insulin. Let us know if you inject how it works out.

In the patent it recommends a dosage.

The insulin to be employed in the uses according to the present invention is present in the pharmaceutical composition in an effective amount. Normally the total amount of the active is present in an amount between 50 picograms (1.25×10 −6 IU) to 1000 micrograms (25IU) per millilitre of the composition. More preferably the amount is 5 nanograms (1.25×10 −4 IU) to 500 micrograms (12.5 IU) and most preferably from 50 nanograms (1.25×10 −3 IU) to 50 micrograms (1.25IU), in order to maximise benefits at minimum cost.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2005/0054608.html

Edited by seabs135
I've said this in the other thread before I'm tempted to try this with ordinary insulin shots but don't recommend others to do so.

I wonder what the difference is with the insulin hormone versus regular insulin. Let us know if you inject how it works out.

Okay...

Okay...

In the patent Linge claims the related insulin growth factors do not work, and it is the insulin that works.

Also in the 1976 case the patient did not use insulin growth factor.

Edited by seabs135

Okay...

In the patent Linge claims the related insulin growth factors do not work, and it is the insulin that works.

Also in the 1976 case the patient did not use insulin growth factor.

Cool...

Rather than injecting insulin by yourself, which could be very dangerous, why not try putting some on topically and needling it into the scar tissue with a single needle or derma stamp? There would be less danger of insulin getting into the bloodstream.

Rather than injecting insulin by yourself, which could be very dangerous, why not try putting some on topically and needling it into the scar tissue with a single needle or derma stamp? There would be less danger of insulin getting into the bloodstream.

Because I want it to get into the scar tissue. Many of things can enter the bloodstream just by being applied topically because the skin does absorb thus into the bloodstream...ex: nicotine, birth control patch, steroid agents, etc. You just have to be well informed with the risk and what not which is why I don't recommend others to do so.

Your method, dermal roller/stamp, can also be applied to Kenalog, a steroid injection, but again, it doesn't work that way.

Edited by bameano

I can be the willing (experimental) mouse :) I have two surgical scars on my face (about half an inch each). Which I want to get rid of really bad. But, I also have a long surgical scar on my wrist about 3" inches long. The quality, texture and age of scars on my face and wrist is quite close.

I think there is promise in insulin dissipation. Can anyone suggest which is a good form and where can I get it. I can try it on one edge of my wrist scar. And monitor the progress against the untreated edge. Any suggestions, methods and procedures will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by SuperDeep

This is beyond dangerous. You could slip into a coma and die. Insulin is no joke. it is administered to people who need it in specific units based on their blood glucose levels. Rubbing it on the skin is just as dangerous. It will be absorbed into the blood stream. How do you think muscle rubs work! I'm all for finding the magic cure, but not if it leads to ideas like this that will surely find naive people accidentally killing themselves or destroying their kidneys. I had to speak up on this because I'm sure some of the people who come here have family members who are diabetics/ who have insulin.

DO NOT DO THIS. IT'S YOUR FUNERAL OR WORSE YOU WILL WIND UP WITH IRREVESABLE RENAL FAILURE.

:shifty: no news about anything

We need a help from a dr or a nurse

Keeping in mind that a very small doses are what we need

i prefeer the bee venom!!!!!!!!

This is beyond dangerous.

DO NOT DO THIS. IT'S YOUR FUNERAL OR WORSE YOU WILL WIND UP WITH IRREVESABLE RENAL FAILURE.

:redface::rolleyes:

:shifty: no news about anything

We need a help from a dr or a nurse

Keeping in mind that a very small doses are what we need

i prefeer the bee venom!!!!!!!!

This is beyond dangerous.

:redface::rolleyes:

I made a comment to 2001 but I removed it as it might flame.

BTW I'm not drinking water again. Apparently if you take to much you can overdose, ending up with irreversible renal failure etc.

Edited by seabs135
This is beyond dangerous. You could slip into a coma and die. Insulin is no joke. it is administered to people who need it in specific units based on their blood glucose levels. Rubbing it on the skin is just as dangerous. It will be absorbed into the blood stream. How do you think muscle rubs work! I'm all for finding the magic cure, but not if it leads to ideas like this that will surely find naive people accidentally killing themselves or destroying their kidneys. I had to speak up on this because I'm sure some of the people who come here have family members who are diabetics/ who have insulin.

Point conceded. Will try to go some other route....

agree

Thank you for dissuading with the insulin thing. But I have to do whatever to get rid of my scars. I know there is a cure there.....

And.... someone suggested bee venom therapy (BVT). So I have been reading up BVT since morning with intermittent bouts of getting some work done.

In my meanderings today I came upon this interesting case where a woman had cancer removed from her forehead. They call it basal cell carcinoma treatment. Skin is literally cut off and scraped off the bone with a scalpel and restitched back. Exceedingly disfiguring procedure. I also know a close associate who had the same condition and required plastic surgery. His scars are very highly visible though the disfiguring is somewhat alleviated. Try doing a google picture search for basal cell carcinoma and you will know what I am talking about

Coming back to the case on the Internet. She went for BVT. And the scar just went away(This is in her own words). This page also has interesting testimonials. With reachable e-mails. We may even be able to goad her into sending pictures of the afflicted area. After all seeing is believing! And they have saying about a pictures and words....

Anyway....

I wanted to put the link here. But don't know if it will be allowed. So this is my suggestion to find it. Google

Ann Ashby, Michigan January 01, 2009 bee venom, Testimonials

It will show right on top of the search and you can click to go to the correct site. The testimonial is somewhat in the middle.

Second method go to apitherapy dot com. And look for testimonials.

Best Wishes

Edited by SuperDeep

Haha maybe I should just kill two birds with one stone and inject my insulin into my face :rolleyes:

Btw most people produce insulin naturally, its not some kind of ultra dangerous medication. (Not that I'm advocating trying this, I don't think it would work. )

I do find this interesting, perhaps one day there will be a "perfect cure" for acne scarring. I just don't think it will anytime soon.

It is only dangerous if you take to much. Like anything else.

Linge has even stated at the doses recommended the injections do no harm.

Also the 1976 case, when taking the treatment before meals the patient had no hypogaecema.

Edited by seabs135