Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know that it is supposed to help acne and I know not to overdose on it blah blah but i was wondering where can i buy it? I've never seen vitamin a supplements at walmart or anything so do i need to go to a special store or what?

I'm trying the vitamin approach to my acne its not bad or anything i just get little whiteheads i recently stopped using tretinoin because its just bad for your skin. any other vitamin reccomendations?

I just bought some vitamin A at Target today, but I had to search through the vitamin section a couple of times to find it.

10,000 IU?? do you know if there is vitamin B5 there too ?

I just bought some vitamin A at Target today, but I had to search through the vitamin section a couple of times to find it.

10,000 IU?? do you know if there is vitamin B5 there too ?

You can get Vitamin A and Vitamin B5 at pretty much any drug store and sometimes grocery store. The higher quality and non-synthetic versions can be bought at health food stores. I get mine at a local "Natural Food Pantry".

i just got 2 bottles of 100 capsules from gnc today....I'm going to start off at 50,000 IU and see what that does since my acne is more on the mild side. You guys have success using vitamin a? i hear it has similar effects of accutane but less severe.

i just got 2 bottles of 100 capsules from gnc today....I'm going to start off at 50,000 IU and see what that does since my acne is more on the mild side. You guys have success using vitamin a? i hear it has similar effects of accutane but less severe.

What form is the Vitamin A in?

fish liver oil i did prior research and ive read thats what is more effective than beta carotene.

I use fish oil and have had nowhere near the same results that i've had with vitamin a. But it is a good supplement to take in general for acne, i've been taking fish oil for the past 6 months and it did improve my skin tone and pore size.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001B4P0I6/ref=oss_product

For me, I took 100,000IU a day for around 2 weeks...then I upped it to 150,000IU. My face is drying out and all my blackheads are non-existant. When my acne starts to dwindle, I will cut the dosage to around 75,000IU.

I was on Accutane once and my acne was slowly creeping back.

In reality I just wanted perfect skin : /

Retinoic Acid is the good Sh** and your body converts it naturally to with these doses of Vitamin A.

Isotretinoin (Accutane) is a form of Retinoic Acid...Accutane is the best sh** out there.

I plan on taking this for another 3 months, I am on day 36.

Oh...and I also take these daily for my liver.

http://www.amazon.com/Himalaya-Himalaya2E-LiverCare-180-caps/dp/B0012M9RT0/ref=pd_sim_hpc_1

No longer than 5 months.

[post=25]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001B4P0I6/ref=oss_product

For me, I took 100,000IU a day for around 2 weeks...then I upped it to 150,000IU. My face is drying out and all my blackheads are non-existant. When my acne starts to dwindle, I will cut the dosage to around 75,000IU.

Retinoic Acid is the good Sh** and your body converts it naturally to with these doses of Vitamin A.

Isotretinoin (Accutane) is a form of Retinoic Acid...Accutane is the best sh** out there.

[post=0]http://www.amazon.com/Himalaya-Himalaya2E-LiverCare-180-caps/dp/B0012M9RT0/ref=pd_sim_hpc_1

No longer than 5 months.

Taking high doses of vitamin A like that, with no physicians supervision or blood tests.. is just stupid. The livercare supplement is useless against hypervitaminosis A.

Accutane is a vitamin A derivative meant to be far safer than true vitamin A, and even its side effects can be devastating for some. Hypervitaminosis A is not a joke.

Hey, be careful with vitamin A as it is a fat soluble vitamin so its stored in your body. That means that its easy to overdose. You also get vitamin A from all sorts of foods so just be careful. There is a supplement called Perfect skin (by genuine health) that contains vitamin E, omega 3, antioxidant extracted from green tea, and some good minerals. The thing is that its quite pricy. You can buy it at any health food store. I personally believe in omega 3 it helps with my skin. You could also take a multi vitamin such as centrum and buy omega three supplements. The omega 3 bottle says take three times a day but many doctors would advise you not to take the maximum dosage because omega three is a blood thinner. Just take oneor two omega three a day. Also if youre going for any surgery stop taking the omega three atleast a month before surgery.On a another note vitamin a topicallly really helped me. I still use tazorac .05 at night. My skin seems smoother and i get less breakouts. The trick is to use the tazorac(vitamin A derivative) with a good moisturizer. I went to the acne clinic and got a sample of Impruv cream, which is a wonderful moisturizing cream with shea butter thats non comedegenic. I use a pea size of tazorac mixed with impruv cream (helps with the dryness). I only use the impruv cream at night when im using my tazorac. At first with vitamin A your skin brings everything to the surface but then your acne improves( atleast this is what happened to me, just my experience). So good luck........sorry for such a long reply.

[post=25]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001B4P0I6/ref=oss_product

[post=0]http://www.amazon.com/Himalaya-Himalaya2E-LiverCare-180-caps/dp/B0012M9RT0/ref=pd_sim_hpc_1

No longer than 5 months.

Taking high doses of vitamin A like that, with no physicians supervision or blood tests.. is just stupid. The livercare supplement is useless against hypervitaminosis A.

Accutane is a vitamin A derivative meant to be far safer than true vitamin A, and even its side effects can be devastating for some. Hypervitaminosis A is not a joke.

I got an okay by my Dermatologist, she said it was okay and no need for blood work.

People have taken upwards of 1,000,000 Iu's daily and they haven't died, I think I can handle 150,000.

Accutane is relatively the same thing, the difference mainly is that there isn't a conversion to tretinoin done in the body with Accutane...it is just straight tretinoin.

If people knew that they could take 100,000 IU's of Vitamin A for mild-moderate acne and cure their acne, drug companies would go out of business.

Is anyone familiar with or ever taken Diamond Herpanacine, since we're talking about Vitamin A here...

Posted (edited) · Hidden by AKL, June 4, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by AKL, June 4, 2012 - No reason given

I would stick to the Vitamin A bro. Vitamin A Amazon

Edited by CBRO