Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TexasGirl19

Is this normal?

I have always struggled with adult acne. I was on Claravis for 5 months, 20mg twice a day. By the end of my treatment period my acne had reduced significantly and I was feeling and looking great.

I am now 3 weeks post my last Claravis pill. I already breaking out in my 'usual' spots and everyday am waking up with more break outs. Is this normal post-isotrentin treatment? Does this mean I should be asking my Dr. to go on another round of treatment? What should I be expecting? I am so frustrated that everything was looking so clear, and now 3 weeks post, I'm already going back to how I looked before treatment. Help please...

Definitely talk to your dermatologist. You have to wait 8 weeks to take another course as it is so perhaps you can get a topical to use during that time. I'm sorry. :(

Hey, I'm sorry about your skin. but was your skin totally clear when you stopped claravis?

Well, I would just make an appointment with your derm and see what your options are. I wish you luck!

I have always struggled with adult acne. I was on Claravis for 5 months, 20mg twice a day. By the end of my treatment period my acne had reduced significantly and I was feeling and looking great.

I am now 3 weeks post my last Claravis pill. I already breaking out in my 'usual' spots and everyday am waking up with more break outs. Is this normal post-isotrentin treatment? Does this mean I should be asking my Dr. to go on another round of treatment? What should I be expecting? I am so frustrated that everything was looking so clear, and now 3 weeks post, I'm already going back to how I looked before treatment. Help please...

I broke out not too long after I finished and my derm said that can happen because the skin is so unbalenced. I'm non antibiotics for two months and am now taking 20mg of iso a day for two weeks and then every 2nd day for a week after that to try and taper of it so to speak.