Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyndicCalls

Simple changes that worked

I have had acne for 4-5 years. Never severe, but the usual was anywhere between 4-15 active spots.

I now have zero. I don't have any pictures, so you will have to trust me on this(or not). This is the only thing that has ever worked for me. I would love if it helped someone else.

*Quit smoking, quit being around people that smoke, do not drink, do not do drugs. I can not emphasize this enough. This is something my skin will not tolerate. There is no middle ground on this.

*Quit using cleansers. I wash my face once in the morning with tap water, followed by Twinlab's Na-PCA moisturizer. I reapply the moisturizer at night, but I do not wash my face again.

*What I'm about to mention is what really made a difference. I supplement everyday with Vibrant Health's Green Vibrance. I took double the dose for the first two weeks, and dropped down to the normal daily amount afterwards. I'd take the time to research it yourself.

*Eat decently. Make sure you get your fruits, don't eat too much dairy, don't eat to much pork or beef, don't eat processed sugar, don't eat white bread, yadda yadda yadda. Be reasonable. Make good choices. You don't have to be a Nazi about it.

Other hints: exercise, don't pick!

It only took two weeks to see an amazing difference. Everyone is different though, I would give it at least a month. This is from someone who has tried everything, and wasted so much money for so long.

I second the Green Vibrance! I used to drink it almost every day, but for some reason I stopped drinking it as much, maybe when I started doing more green smoothies and juices?? I'm not sure why. It really helped my stomach feel better. I used to have lots of stomach aches, and after a candida cleanse and starting probiotics and GV (which contains probiotics) they just completely went away. I think the LACK of stomach aches and the fact that I feel pretty good all the time now is probably why I don't remember to drink the supplement.

I do have a big tub of it in my freezer right now though, and I think you just inspired me to go stir a glass up!

congrats on getting clear!! :angel:

do you know if this is sold anywhere or just online? I have hormonal jawline acne and its getting unbearable, might this help? I already eat pretty good..so im not sure..how quick were your results?

I have had acne for 4-5 years. Never severe, but the usual was anywhere between 4-15 active spots.

I now have zero. I don't have any pictures, so you will have to trust me on this(or not). This is the only thing that has ever worked for me. I would love if it helped someone else.

*Quit smoking, quit being around people that smoke, do not drink, do not do drugs. I can not emphasize this enough. This is something my skin will not tolerate. There is no middle ground on this.

*Quit using cleansers. I wash my face once in the morning with tap water, followed by Twinlab's Na-PCA moisturizer. I reapply the moisturizer at night, but I do not wash my face again.

*What I'm about to mention is what really made a difference. I supplement everyday with Vibrant Health's Green Vibrance. I took double the dose for the first two weeks, and dropped down to the normal daily amount afterwards. I'd take the time to research it yourself.

*Eat decently. Make sure you get your fruits, don't eat too much dairy, don't eat to much pork or beef, don't eat processed sugar, don't eat white bread, yadda yadda yadda. Be reasonable. Make good choices. You don't have to be a Nazi about it.

It only took two weeks to see an amazing difference. Everyone is different though, I would give it at least a month. This is from someone who has tried everything, and wasted so much money for so long.

Well, I was having major break outs for a while. But now my new regimine has been keeping my face really clear.

I don't drink anymore

-Soda -Coffee -Red Bull

Instead I make myself drink at least one glass of green tea a day. In addition to

-water -occasional iced tea (I know thats not good. they just sell a lot of that in my school). -more fruits and healthy foods, less cookies and no chips.

Morning Proactiv original cleanser, extra strength toner, original lotion.

Aveeno daily moisturizer.

Night Proactiv original cleanser, extra strength toner, original lotion.

Benzaclin (every night.)

3 times a week Proactiv sulfur mask.

Could not agree more! I am doing the same and it's helping like nothing else. Exercise and picking is very important too! I don't use any lotions though. Suggestion: Check if it contains mineral oil, it's not too good for your skin.