Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sugarskull

Starting low dose accutane

When I spoke with the derm last month we discussed 20mg/day. I told her I was very fearful of the side effects and ONLY wanted low dose treatment. Yesterday when I went to get my rx I noticed after I left that it said 40mg. This is not low dose IME:/ I'm 5'8" 130lbs. My friend who is doing regular dose accutane even started at 20mg.

What should I do?

Call the derm to get the 20mg rx, take 40mg every other day or take it as prescribed?

I'd talk to your dermatologist first since you two already discussed the dose you're comfortable taking.

Talked to the nurse that was on call since the dr wasn't in. She's going to call in the 20mg. She told me they never start at 20mg but she would do it if I insisted :confused: She said low dose is 40mg through the whole treatment and regular dose is 40 once a day ending at 40mg 2x a day.

I hate getting conflicting info. My dr is new in the practice though so maybe she does things differently.