Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vanquish

for those who are depressed about their acne..

be positive minded and tell yourself that you will be clear sooner! stay with your regimen and try listening to this song its ordinary day by vanessa carlton :) lay on the fields, look at the blue sky(like on the video :D ) and listen to this! it's veryy soothing!

i'm so happy that i'm 95% clear now.. i just suffered from mild acne (teenage acne) but it affects me but now i'm clear yey! (i'm 20years old) i manage to clear it when i was 18 buy doing my regimen and listening to the song :)

goodluck to all of you guys! i hope you could vanquish your acne like i do :)

thank you :)

Edited by vanquish

Look...I know you intend this to be an encouraging post, but if you've only had mild teenage acne that cleared up with a simple topical, you are much, much luckier than most people on this board.

Severe or cystic acne, for many people, persists into your twenties, thirties and possibly beyond. It doesn't respond to most treatments. It is incredibly frustrating, warps self-esteem, and leaves many people feeling helpless and miserable.

Acne treatment is expensive. Doctor's appointments can require months of waiting, and some people can't afford them or convince their parents to let them go. Some treatments make your condition worse instead of better. People judge you and say rude, hurtful things to you. People with good seem to think we should just get over it, but the bottom line is that THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND and have NO IDEA what it's like to live with a painful, persistent infection changing the look of your face.

Listening to an uplifting song and laying in some grass is not going to take away the depression that comes from feeling abnormal.

Look...I know you intend this to be an encouraging post, but if you've only had mild teenage acne that cleared up with a simple topical, you are much, much luckier than most people on this board.

Severe or cystic acne, for many people, persists into your twenties, thirties and possibly beyond. It doesn't respond to most treatments. It is incredibly frustrating, warps self-esteem, and leaves many people feeling helpless and miserable.

Acne treatment is expensive. Doctor's appointments can require months of waiting, and some people can't afford them or convince their parents to let them go. Some treatments make your condition worse instead of better. People judge you and say rude, hurtful things to you. People with good seem to think we should just get over it, but the bottom line is that THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND and have NO IDEA what it's like to live with a painful, persistent infection changing the look of your face.

Listening to an uplifting song and laying in some grass is not going to take away the depression that comes from feeling abnormal.

oh well you have a point but being optimistic is crucial for the healing process right? i think the more you try to use topical ointments and other stuffs(except your doc's prescription) will only worsen the situation and depression will not help big time. I cleared my pimples just by doing nothing, i think because of my relaxing doings (coffee in the afternoon, music etc..) help clearing it. Maybe my post is for those who just have mild pimples, thanks for informing me. :D

The second post in this thread did it =)))

Something like "Biz Markie - Vapors" cheers me up.

I 100% agree with you! Its not a case of trying some cream or trying a topic or going to your doctor about your skin problems. With me, the first 5 years of having acne i was so embarresed to go to a doctor and was ashamed of it that I find it hard opening up to people...because of acne. Its all very well to tell people to be strong, and thank you - we need positive posts on here, but when the acne has changed you as a person, making you depressed, making you feel worthless and teary then thats the problem, and no amount of topics etc...will change your emotional and psychological state.

I am now pretty much clear but back when I had acne I would hide from my friends/family ALL THE TIME.

I'm trying to build new relationships but it's so hard since I lost all the self-confidence I had as a kid because of this goddamn acne.

I thought that being clear would make me sociable and happy again, but the psychological side effects of acne are still there. I can see a difference, but it's not what I expected, I guess I got used to be alone...

I am now pretty much clear but back when I had acne I would hide from my friends/family ALL THE TIME.

I'm trying to build new relationships but it's so hard since I lost all the self-confidence I had as a kid because of this goddamn acne.

I thought that being clear would make me sociable and happy again, but the psychological side effects of acne are still there. I can see a difference, but it's not what I expected, I guess I got used to be alone...

Fucking this. You're not alone bro.