Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carmusen

GUYS who DORM/live with roommates, click here! I need help!

So I'm going to be moving to Canada soon and going to a big university. Most likely I'll be dorming, which means living with non-family people. I put THICK clumps of Dan's treatment/moisturizer/Jojoba oil/etc. on my face around the house and my family doesn't care. Of course it will be weird to do this with my potential roommate around.

How do you deal with this?

Edited by carmusen

Starting work at a ski resort in a few days, and of course I'll be put in a dorm. Worried about the exact same thing. And I don't want to scare my roomies when I take my make-up off! :redface:

Edited by oneredwine

I've never had trouble with this, just tell them and they'll be like 'ok cool'. On the first day my roomies were ironing topless in the front room (no homo) and I was a little weirded out but everyone else was cool.

You should be perfectly fine. I actually work with college students living in the dorms and see them on a day to day basis and most likely you will have a roommate or others on your floor who are dealing with some of the same things that we all are (i.e., skin care regimens, acne, etc.). So don't be embarrassed. Like everyone said in here, be straight up with it and everything will be all good.

as soon as i moved to uni i was exactly the same as you - and would lock my door at night time and layer thick creams on my face but eventually i started walkin around my house with like 1 spot covered in spot cream and then gradually increase it - theyll accept it and wont think of anything negative dont worry :)