Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jani93

Post Accutane, "Worst of the worst" Where do I go from here :)

If you see my scar gallery Post Accutane I am badly scarred up, and I'm striving to be a musician any scar removal tips and tricks? Not exactly made of money perhaps a scar treatment "plan" can be made with my dermatologist? Who I see in 6 months. I have curiosities on prices, guestimations on how much Id need to shell out "if i absolutely must" Bleach stains "hypopigmentation" from deep marks, I honestly do not know what I should do. I had it the worst in my school..both schools i went too, I'd like some expert advice for those who had it bad too, the worst :).

post-141634-1292281671_thumb.jpg

post-141634-1292281719_thumb.jpg

post-141634-1292281781_thumb.jpg

post-141634-1292281671_thumb.jpg

post-141634-1292281719_thumb.jpg

post-141634-1292281781_thumb.jpg

If you see my scar gallery Post Accutane I am badly scarred up, and I'm striving to be a musician any scar removal tips and tricks? Not exactly made of money perhaps a scar treatment "plan" can be made with my dermatologist? Who I see in 6 months. I have curiosities on prices, guestimations on how much Id need to shell out "if i absolutely must" Bleach stains "hypopigmentation" from deep marks, I honestly do not know what I should do. I had it the worst in my school..both schools i went too, I'd like some expert advice for those who had it bad too, the worst :).

I can't offer much on the scarring, but if you were not informed, your long hair can contribute to acne via contact during the day and sleeping on it at night.

Musician = little money and aspiring muso = even less money. So i'm assuming you want a low cost approach?

I would probably go and get a 2mm dermaroller and 2mm dermastamp. You'll find a million different suggestions for how to roll and how often but i think, it all depends on the severity of your scars. I really don't think it's good to roll to the point of bad bleeding but with more severe scarring, u should should more heavily then you would moderate scarring. I think mild scarring is best left untreated because there's a chance you can make your situation A LOT worse.

So, I think you should roll once a fortnight and not to the point of bleeding and derma stamp the scars that you think are your worst inbetween the rolling. Some people will tell u to roll every 2 months and HEAVILY where youre bleeding everywhere but the heavier u go, the more chances for side effects are and the less frequently u can do it.

I feel you man, I am in the same boat, I am trying to become a comedian and these scars just really get to me.... Hopefully everything will go great with your music career, I wish you all the luck in the world man

Your really cute!

I had severe acne last year. One of my derms actually said I had the worst case of severe acne that he'd ever seen. I wonder if in a sick way I can be proud of that? Anyway after my first course of acne my face looked so red and horrid. A year later (although I am on another course of accu) my indented scars are still there but they look a thousand times better now that they are not a deep red color.

So i suppose what I am trying to say is the cheapest method would be time.

With a nice gentle cleanser and moisturizer and let your body do some free healing.

I suppose another thing to add is that some people claim success with vitamins. C, E, Zinc, iron - all really good things for skin healing. I know people also say topical vit.c and e is good too, to help the process along.

The other more aggressive treatments seem to get mixed reviews. I would think the cheapest most effective method would have to be purchasing a dermaroller and learning the ways of that instrument.

Good Luck with all!

Musician = little money and aspiring muso = even less money. So i'm assuming you want a low cost approach?

I would probably go and get a 2mm dermaroller and 2mm dermastamp. You'll find a million different suggestions for how to roll and how often but i think, it all depends on the severity of your scars. I really don't think it's good to roll to the point of bad bleeding but with more severe scarring, u should should more heavily then you would moderate scarring. I think mild scarring is best left untreated because there's a chance you can make your situation A LOT worse.

So, I think you should roll once a fortnight and not to the point of bleeding and derma stamp the scars that you think are your worst inbetween the rolling. Some people will tell u to roll every 2 months and HEAVILY where youre bleeding everywhere but the heavier u go, the more chances for side effects are and the less frequently u can do it.

I don't understand how you cannot bleed when using 2.0mm, unless you're not sticking the needles all the way.

I've got a lot of experience with needling and I can you when you do it correctly you will always see some bleeding when using needles 1.0mm or longer.

It's really not about rolling/stamping hard. Just stretch the skin to make the needles penetrate easier and make sure the scar gets enough needle pricks. A small needle stamp is better for this.

Scars on the forehead look the worse and seem to be harder to treat, I know from own experience. 2.0mm might also be a bit long for the forehead so you might want to start with 1.0mm.

When you needle a scar and you hear some popping/tearing noise, that's a good indication meaning scar tissue is being broken and the scar will very likely improve. If you don't hear anything it might mean complete tissue loss and little or no improvement.

How long have you been off Accutane? You should wait 6 months, maybe a year before trying needling.

I don't understand how you cannot bleed when using 2.0mm, unless you're not sticking the needles all the way.

I've got a lot of experience with needling and I can you when you do it correctly you will always see some bleeding when using needles 1.0mm or longer.

It's really not about rolling/stamping hard. Just stretch the skin to make the needles penetrate easier and make sure the scar gets enough needle pricks. A small needle stamp is better for this.

Scars on the forehead look the worse and seem to be harder to treat, I know from own experience. 2.0mm might also be a bit long for the forehead so you might want to start with 1.0mm.

When you needle a scar and you hear some popping/tearing noise, that's a good indication meaning scar tissue is being broken and the scar will very likely improve. If you don't hear anything it might mean complete tissue loss and little or no improvement.

How long have you been off Accutane? You should wait 6 months, maybe a year before trying needling.

I've been off as of October of 2010, tell me if the forehead scars (the worst I have) are harder to treat how can I go about treating them?

Edited by Jani93

I feel you man, I am in the same boat, I am trying to become a comedian and these scars just really get to me.... Hopefully everything will go great with your music career, I wish you all the luck in the world man

Thank you!!! :"D My dematoligist also told me that I had the worse case of acne she had ever seen.

I had this melancholic pride myself. Thank you for the tips, this dermaroller has sparked me some interest.

That's not prejudice. Please be more mindful of your words. Lately you have been a lot of doom and gloom.

Happy New Year.

Thank you!!! :"D My dematoligist also told me that I had the worse case of acne she had ever seen.

I had this melancholic pride myself. Thank you for the tips, this dermaroller has sparked me some interest.

Jani, for a dermatologist to say it's the worst scarring he's seen is something of a red flag. There's a lot of people with worse scarring than you. You seem to just have a lot of scarring some deep around the forehead but you have some good things going for you.

1. Your acne seems to be controlled.

2. You are younger than most that start their scar repair process

There's a lot of great ideas of what works for most people. One popular method for members without the most invasive lasers would be some subcision and a TCA cross. Then you can feel more comfortable maybe doing your own dermarolling after that. Though dermarolling will be a longer process that most people postpone. Remember to moisturize during the day, this will help soften the scars.

Keep your cool hair. Just lay on your back when you sleep. Peace

I have read before that botox in the forehead can make the forehead scars less prominent. This would be something you could do with little risk.

Hey Dude,

This might not be the best answer for you with regards to costs but I'd say the best scar removal technique available is IPL. Stands for Intense Pulse Light a form of laser treatment. I know you mentioned cost is an issue, this happens to be costly, but for good reason...because it works !

If you're intrested in this it's about $150-250 per sesion, and you typically need 5 sessions spanned out over 5 months (so 1 month break per session). So possible a total of $2000. I'd say this is an investment you need to make if you ever want to be a musician beacuse we all know if you wana make it in the music business you gotta look good and clean. I'd recommend taking out a student line of credit or something because this is probably the ONLY good way to completely get rid of scars.

Cheers, Rock on dude