Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smack'd

Is my acne severe?? {Pics included}

Is my acne severe? I'm using Tazorac and minocycline(stuff given to me by a doctor) right now. anything you guys would recomend?

It looks worse in different lighting, and that's an extreme close up. Those are my cheeks, btw. lol. and that's the only area i get it on my face.

post-141151-1292280900_thumb.jpg

post-141151-1292280914_thumb.jpg

post-141151-1292280900_thumb.jpg

post-141151-1292280914_thumb.jpg

Edited by madmike

Looks exactly like mine! Im not sure whether its mild or what not but the best thing to treat it is BP and/or UV light ray treatment.

No, it doesn NOT look severe. Besides using what the doc gave you, just be gentle. Use a gentle cleanser and do not pick at your skin. It'll only irritate it more and could cause scarring.

Ask your doctor to prescribe TAZORAC. Use this TWICE A DAY, EVERYDAY and wear spf over your skin during the day. You will see your skin clearing up in about a month.

Sorry did not see that your doctor prescribed TAZORAC, you must be patient, this cream cleared up my acne. I use it in the morning and at night religiously. Thank God this medication was prescribed to me.

It looks mild/moderate to me. It doesn't look like you have deep pimples either. Have you tried Dan's regimen? I can imagine BP would work well on this type of acne.

BP didn't work so well for me, I was using Proactive for a month before going to a doctor and it showed little to no results. Also, my doctor told me to use tazorac once a day, at night. Do you suggest I use it in the morning as well?

@randomstuffs no thanks, that shit looks too complicated.

Edited by madmike

def say moderate.......i would use a topical retnoid at night.....a 2.5% bp in the morning (acayana is great, its avaible by perscription and has clyndamycin in it) a gentle cleanser, and moistruizer! and i would do a jojoba scrub once a week for the flakes

eat healthy and drink water :)

BP didn't work so well for me, I was using Proactive for a month before going to a doctor and it showed little to no results. Also, my doctor told me to use tazorac once a day, at night. Do you suggest I use it in the morning as well?

Have you tried normal BP, rather than proactive? Dan's regimen involves A LOT of BP, perhaps more than what you would find in the ingredients of proactive. It takes a while to work too. I've had some success on oral antibiotics. Oxytetracycline cleared me up for a whole year but I had to stop as it made me very nauseous. Every body is different though, so it might be worth a shot. I know antibiotics work for some, but they are probably not a long term solution. They might work enough to get you clear and then you can use BP as a preventative measure. Just a thought.

NO, do not use Tazorac twice a day. Retonoid creams are meant to be applied once a day at night. Tazorac is strong as is and it will aggravate your skin if you use it twice a day. Follow your doctor's instructions.