Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello:D

Well I've been around this site for a looooong time and I finally decided to ask a question.

The thing is I'm over with acne yeeee ^^ (though I get the occasional pimple when I'm under stress and stuff,but not any more breakouts).However, I'm left with plenty of scars and hyperpigmentation. These scars are red and I don't know which ones are really scars or spots. Now, I dont really care about the actual scarring,but I can't stand the red spots in my face. I hate that I can't take any pictures with my family cuz I show up all red and oily :c.

I'm currently taking antibiotics (Mynocycline) and topical Retin-A-Micro (I was using Differin) to keep acne under control. I've heard that the retin helps the healing process of acne,is that true?

I also use Cetaphil as cleanser,Neutrogena SPF 30 as sunblock,Cerave as moisturizer and take vitamins A,E and Zinc and drink Plenty of water.

Any advices for these marks and the oily face issue :/

Thank you :)

post-a31623-IMG-1844.JPG.html

Edited by Blitzkrieg3092

with your regimen, it seems like your doing really good with not prolonging the process of red marks.

i would stick to the retin a.......it helps speed the healing of red marks. you could also try getting a light chemical peel once every few weeks......just remember not to use retin a 2 days before or after the peel. theres plenty of websites on the different peel. lactic acid, glycolic acid, TCA...all can be beneficial

btw picture doesnt work :)

with your regimen, it seems like your doing really good with not prolonging the process of red marks.

i would stick to the retin a.......it helps speed the healing of red marks. you could also try getting a light chemical peel once every few weeks......just remember not to use retin a 2 days before or after the peel. theres plenty of websites on the different peel. lactic acid, glycolic acid, TCA...all can be beneficial

btw picture doesnt work :)

Thank you :)

i'll consider the chemical peel :D

Sorry abt the picture. I dont really get how to post pictures,excuse my stupidity :b