Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jw0876

help bring inactive cyst to surface??

i don't have full on cystic acne, but from time to time i'll get a cystic pimple. usually they go away on their own after a few weeks, but the whole time they're inflamed, and basically i can just feel them get better.

however, this time, i've had a cystic pimple on my cheek for over a week (started out as a regular pimple), and it doesn't feel inflamed at all anymore. it doesn't hurt to touch, there's no heat--i can just feel the cyst under my skin.

i've tried washing with BP, putting on salicylic acid/clindamycin multiple times a day, and even toothpaste.. but it seems like it just makes my skin peel and that my pimple is too deep below the surface.. it doesn't seem like it has changed in size at all the past few days.

do you guys have any suggestions on how to bring it to surface?? short of seeing a doctor, is there anything else i can do? it's really frustrating me and i'm starting to feel scared that it's going to stay forever.... :cry::cry::cry:

I really think you should leave the cyst alone. I sometimes get inactive cysts along my jawline. They usually take a few weeks to fade and disappear and sometimes leave a slightly pink mark for a while afterwards. But if you start messing with it and trying to bring it out I think you will just make things a lot worse and end up with something a lot more inflamed, painful and noticeable! Just leave it alone and let your body take care of it in due course. if its meant to come to the surface, it will! Just my opinion :) Is it very noticeable?

yeah, it's right on my cheek, so it's definitely noticeable.. i'm just kind of worried it's going to take longer than that to go away (or if it'll go away on its own at all..) since it's not inflamed at all anymore

i've tried other tips on this board, like epsom salts, calamine, sulfur.. to no avail :cry:

yeah, it's right on my cheek, so it's definitely noticeable.. i'm just kind of worried it's going to take longer than that to go away (or if it'll go away on its own at all..) since it's not inflamed at all anymore

i've tried other tips on this board, like epsom salts, calamine, sulfur.. to no avail :cry:

I am sure it will go away!! I feel like that about spots sometimes, but have you ever had one that NEVER went away? Just give it some more time. Hugs!! x