Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benlorr

Can I include the area under my chin and the adam's apple side of my neck to my acne regimen treatment?

I know the back of the neck is more closely associated with body acne but can I treat the "front" of my neck the same way I do my face regarding the regimen?

I mean, could I safely use BP and moisturizer in those problem areas without encountering any problems?

The problem I've found with that region of the neck is just excessive itching, to the point where I HAVE to scratch it because I just can't stand it anymore.

I think it has something to do with the skin stretching/compressing a lot more in that area (like when you nod your head), leading to more irritation that you'd get, say, on the back of your neck. I think wearing shirt collars / irritation by hair (if it's long) also has something to do with it.

I think the front of the neck would respond to treatment just as well as the back... it's just that the irritation that happens there may mean that it takes longer for redness to go away, you might experience more flaking, and of course, the aforementioned itchiness.

Right but you did include that area of the neck into your face acne regimen correct? and it worked for the most part?

BE CAREFUL I included my neck/chin in the regimen and my chin dried up BAD! so bad i had to wear a scarf because I was embarassed. Use caution. Only apply a tiny bit of BP to the neck!!

Right but you did include that area of the neck into your face acne regimen correct? and it worked for the most part?

I can't tell if it worked or not. I only had one or two pimples there and they seemed to go away, but they might as well have gone away naturally. I only applied to that area for three weeks tops, so I was never able to find out if it prevented new acne from coming in.

Like previous poster said, you might want to apply BP much thinner on that area if you're going to go with this.