Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TaylorDudeFromMemphis

Hey Guys First Time on Here and I got a Few questions for you guys =P

So ive suffered acne for a long time now, im 19, and i had severe acne a few years back, it's gotten better through time, and anyways, my routine now is, i wash my face in the shower about twice a day with natural aloe vera soap, and then at night right when i hop out of the shower i put on a lot of tea tree oil, then right after that i put a mask of natural aloe vera gel on it ...

i also use the zenmed vitamin/pills, take about 4 or so a day, and have bought some vitamin a and vitamin e and fish oil vitamins, along with "Alive" multivitamins, ive been taking the alive multivitamins and zenmed for a long time now, but just started taking the others, so everything seems to be working pretty good, i was relatively clear a week ago, i think i missed one night and its come back a bit, anyways, i was wondering, what are your thoughts with all of this? also, i dont drink any milk, eat lots of green organic apples and bananas ...

Please help guys i want to have good skin please ... :boohoo:

So ive suffered acne for a long time now, im 19, and i had severe acne a few years back, it's gotten better through time, and anyways, my routine now is, i wash my face in the shower about twice a day with natural aloe vera soap, and then at night right when i hop out of the shower i put on a lot of tea tree oil, then right after that i put a mask of natural aloe vera gel on it ...

i also use the zenmed vitamin/pills, take about 4 or so a day, and have bought some vitamin a and vitamin e and fish oil vitamins, along with "Alive" multivitamins, ive been taking the alive multivitamins and zenmed for a long time now, but just started taking the others, so everything seems to be working pretty good, i was relatively clear a week ago, i think i missed one night and its come back a bit, anyways, i was wondering, what are your thoughts with all of this? also, i dont drink any milk, eat lots of green organic apples and bananas ...

careful with how much tea tree oil you are using because its very strong and you only need one or two drops mixed with something else - like water. that didnt work too well for me but now im using natural mineral crystal deodorant (its completely natural) nothing like normal deodorant. Its working pretty well for me, onlly use it at night because ur face will feel a bit tight, just wet the stick and put it all over the affect areas (make sure you have a damp face when you do this). Anyway if you google it there is more information, but it really helps reduce the redness and and reduce the size of the pimples

if your routine seems to be working i think the biggest mistake you can make is changing everything or loads of stuff at once..its working, so just give it time to carry on working

Oh man, I would drop those zenmed pills right away. Those are by far the worst thing I've ever taken for acne. It made my acne so bad that I stayed inside all day, avoided everything, etc. It was one of the worst times of my life and everytime I hear "zenmed" I cringe.

Oh man, I would drop those zenmed pills right away. Those are by far the worst thing I've ever taken for acne. It made my acne so bad that I stayed inside all day, avoided everything, etc. It was one of the worst times of my life and everytime I hear "zenmed" I cringe.

do you or did you at the time have a really bad diet? maybe you were clearing your system out and it was coming through your skin>? cuz it has helped me ...

and what are the negative effects of too much tea tree oil? i been like putting a hell of a lot more than two drops, basically i fill my fingers with it then put it on ... what's the negative effects?

For me personally, showers dry my skin out. And that's just using water on my face, no soaps or anything. Do you have oily skin?

I'm not very educated on how to treat acne from the dietary/vitamin approach, but we do have a fabulous forum dedicated to just those kinds of treatment. You'll find lots of vet members there with lots of good experiences. (And some of the newbies have great suggestions too!) http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Nutrition...c-heal-f16.html

For years my acne was more or less manageable through topicals, but changes in medication have made me look at alternative forms of treatment.

Just a suggestion, you should probably check your daily intake of vitamins... It sounds like you're taking a ton of them :think:

Edited by Derek.