Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi all, i don't know what to use for my blotchy looking face. I have most of the acne controlled, but i am stuck with this gross shade of skin. It's not just spots where my acne was, but it's basically my whole face has turned this gross red/white hue. It doesn't look right. It makes my face look so old and diseased sad.gif i'm sure i'm overraeacting a bit, but i know for sure its not normal. My skin feels smooth, but it doesn't look smooth, if you can picture that. I just want NORMAL LOOKING SKIN AGAIN!!!! if you know of any products out there that can return my skin to looking like skin again please share your secret.

thanks.

desperate sad.gif

hi i have the same problem, currently i do a vinegar regimen right before putting on my bp, i do 60% vinegar and 40% water, last time i need 100% vinegar i burned my cheak and it was kinda red and looked worse sad.gif

and try out vita-k for bloctly skin

hey I am actually dealing with the same thing, and I am thinking about using a tea tree oil toner from Bath and Body works that I used a long time ago, before I had acne at all. It is very gentle and smells great, and evens out skin tone and doesnt dry you out. I hope it still works the same way with acne-prone skin. I am not breaking out as much with Botchla's regimen, but my skin is so uneven and blotchy also, so I hope this helps. When I get the toner, and after I use it a little bit, I will update you guys with the actual name and my results with it.

im having this same problem but it seem like this is only on my cheeks and its real shiny but not oily. anybody know if retin a can cause this?

My skin tone has been really screwed up lately. Most of my acne is under control (havnt had a new zit in about a week *yippee*) but I have a ton of red blotchyness.. mostly on my chin but also in different places.. like around my nostrals too. Its not just left over red markness.. its just lots of red blotchyness. Blah.. damn teenage skin. I'll go buy more makeup.

I have this too, I think it is just 'teenage skin' to be honest. If you are over about 20 then forget that (!), but in my experience very often it is an age issue and you should grow out of it. My advice would be to not use loads of stuff on your skin, that will screw it up even more. Be gentle, don't scrub your face hard or apply really strong topicals/random other medications. My skin changes with the weather! If it's windy or something my face will go blotchy, same if it is freezing cold or something. Apparently the term they coin for this is 'intolerant skin', that's what derms actually refer to it as.

Eh, I dunno. I never really had this problem until this summer started, and my acne got a bit worse. Now I've got some general blotchiness on my nose, and under my mouth.. mostly on the sides of my nose around my nostrils though.

And I AM over 20. smile.gif