Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
outcast623

Nobiletin

Babyface MATTE Serum

Water, Lactobacillus/kelp ferment filtrate, Porphyridium extract, Laminaria japonica extract, Arthrospira extract., azeloyl glycine, epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) from green tea, niacinamide, nobiletin, propylene glycol (and) diazolidinyl urea (and) methylparaben (and) propylparaben.

Skin Actives T-Zone Serum

Water, Lactobacillus/kelp ferment filtrate, Porphyridium extract, Laminaria japonica extract, Arthrospira extract., azeloyl glycine, epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) from green tea, niacinamide, nobiletin, propylene glycol (and) diazolidinyl urea (and) methylparaben (and) propylparaben.

As I said the ingredients are EXACTLY the same! Babyface is just a blatant knock off.

I had the same side effects using nobiletin as the earlier poster... headache, dizziness almost immediately upon application... strange aches in my leg muscles, made sleeping pretty tough. Pretty alarming stuff, got progressively worse as I kept using it, went away not long after I stopped. Possibly helped my oily skin, but not by much, only tried it for 2 days. I don't plan on using it again.

Just a warning to anyone trying it.

where did you get your nobiletin from tofu?

Did you buy powder or some pre-made product?

I was more referring to the acne control night creme

Ingredients (may include one or more of the following): RO Water, jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) seed oil, Lactobacillus/kelp ferment filtrate, Porphyridium extract, Laminaria japonica extract, Arthrospira extract., sorbitol, butylene glycol, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, saw palmetto (Serenoa repens) extract, niacinamide, PEG-100 Stearate, white willow (Salix alba) bark extract, stearyl alcohol, liquorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) extract, EGCG from green tea (Camellia sinensis), wild yam (Dioscorea villosa) extract, yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) beta glucan, sesame (Sesamum indicum) seed oil, sweet almond (Prunus amygdalus dulcis) oil, avocado (Persea gratissima) oil, nobiletin, retinyl acetate, oleuropein, sodium hyaluronate, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber Distillate), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Royal Jelly, Organic Resina Propoli (Propolis), Organic Verbascum Olympicum & Thapsus (Mullein), Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil), Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Palmitate) polysorbate 20, citric acid, dimethicone, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben.

After mixing nobiletin powder into a cream and not getting any improvement, I decided to order the T-zone serum and has been using it for 3 weeks. I have not suffered from any side effects like headache or dizziness. But neither have I noticed any improvement too. OK, it might possibly have helped a little, probably on the cheeks, but it is hardly noticeable and difficult to quantify. Definitely not on my nose which still gets very oily after one hour. I apply the serum 3 times a day and make sure my face is cleansed before applying. I think I would have been satisfied with a oil reduction of 50% but this is not happening.

I had earlier tried Vitamin B5, Boswellia extract, beta-sitosterol, guggulsterones, Vitamin A Skin solution,Peppermint Oil, Spearmint tea, diindolylmethane, Saw Palmetto, Opti L-Zinc, Lecithin, Flaxseed Oil, Niacin, Jojoba Oil..., but none helped.

I had also taken Isotretinoin many years back, but it only stopped the oil for a single day! Thereafter the oil just returned suddenly even when I was still on Isotretinoin. I think that showed how stubborn my skin is!

Has anyone tried Sana Fela and got positive results?

After mixing nobiletin powder into a cream and not getting any improvement, I decided to order the T-zone serum and has been using it for 3 weeks. I have not suffered from any side effects like headache

Hey Prinz.

Here's how to mix Nobiletin powder / crystals. Doing this you can control the amount of Nobiletin in the mixture.

When I was using Nobiletin I did some mixing experiments. Nobiletin did not mix at all in water; it mixed in oil a little but not very well; it mixed really well in ethanol. I am able to buy an alcoholic drink in my country called Polmos Spirytus which is 95% ethanol (don't use methylated spirits as it is very dangerous). For the nobiletin to dissolve completely, I had to heat it. I did this on the gas stove. I had a saucepan of water which I boiled, then I had some Nobiletin and ethanol in a closed jar which I held in the saucepan of boiling water using some tongs. It didn't take long before the nobiletin would disappear into the ethanol and there were no visible Nobiletin crystals / powder.

If you dissolve it like this, you will end up with an ethanol/Nobiletin mix. You should not see anything solid (Nobiletin) in the fluid. You can apply it to the skin using a cotton bud.

I found that if I did not mix it like this, the Nobiletin would not be absorbed into the skin; it would just sit on the surface and do nothing.

I got very good oil stopping capability at 1% Nobiletin. The effect lasted many hours.

Look at this free article. They used a base of 95% ethanol and 5% glycerol.

http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v127/n12...l/5700927a.html

After mixing nobiletin powder into a cream and not getting any improvement, I decided to order the T-zone serum and has been using it for 3 weeks. I have not suffered from any side effects like headache

Hey Prinz.

Here's how to mix Nobiletin powder / crystals. Doing this you can control the amount of Nobiletin in the mixture.

When I was using Nobiletin I did some mixing experiments. Nobiletin did not mix at all in water; it mixed in oil a little but not very well; it mixed really well in ethanol. I am able to buy an alcoholic drink in my country called Polmos Spirytus which is 95% ethanol (don't use methylated spirits as it is very dangerous). For the nobiletin to dissolve completely, I had to heat it. I did this on the gas stove. I had a saucepan of water which I boiled, then I had some Nobiletin and ethanol in a closed jar which I held in the saucepan of boiling water using some tongs. It didn't take long before the nobiletin would disappear into the ethanol and there were no visible Nobiletin crystals / powder.

If you dissolve it like this, you will end up with an ethanol/Nobiletin mix. You should not see anything solid (Nobiletin) in the fluid. You can apply it to the skin using a cotton bud.

I found that if I did not mix it like this, the Nobiletin would not be absorbed into the skin; it would just sit on the surface and do nothing.

I got very good oil stopping capability at 1% Nobiletin. The effect lasted many hours.

Look at this free article. They used a base of 95% ethanol and 5% glycerol.

http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v127/n12...l/5700927a.html

Did you ever try mixing that ethanol/nobiletin solution into a cream?

Pure Ethanol sounds very drying and irritating to the skin.

Did you guys notice that Sana Fela has picked up on the Nobiletin-from-China-issue and made a blog article about it (here)?

I would be highly interested in the stuff, but the reports of dizziness are really scaring me off. Did anyone contact skinactives yet and asked where they got it from?

The Sana Fela cream is no alternative for me, as it has two major limitations:

• Sana Fela never showed, whether their product contains any Nobiletin at all (and if yes at what concentration).
  • Their cream is oil free, so I highly doubt that the Nobiletin will be absorbed adequately.

Best,

Dwight

Edited by Dwight

nice pick up dwight.

I knew Sna fela didnt use much Nobiletin in their cream. If 2.4g from their supplier costs $98,000!!!

LMAO...how much can sanfela possibly be using in their product? Hardly any at all. No wonder they are so sheepish about stating how much active nobiletin is in their product. :naughty:

Back when I tried out the Nobiletin and had the negative reaction, my first thought was that the Nobiletin I received from China had a contaminant. I started down the path of getting a chemical purity test done. The testing lab suggested I buy a reference sample from Sigma Aldrich and it was very expensive. In the end I wimped out and didn't get the test done (the test itself was going to cost thousands of dollars).

I have since found out that I get a negative reaction to Quercetin which is another polyphenol (same class of chemical as nobiletin). I bought some supplements which contained quercetin 200mg; I also bought a cream containing quercetin. I had negative reactions to both (the cream made me dizzy like the nobiletin and I felt terrible and had an all over throbbing sensation for a day after taking the supplement).

I also tried a green tea extract supplement which contains a different polyphenol (EGCG). I felt mildly dizzy from this also.

Having a similar negative reaction to all these different sources and different types of polyphenols leads me to believe that I am polyphenol intolerant. Polyphenols are in many plant derived things such as citrus fruit, tea, vegetables & olive oil. The thing about these natural sources is that the polyphenols within are very low in concentration. I've never had this kind of negative reaction to eating an orange, olive oil or broccoli. It's only the concentrated form that causes a problem. The problem for me is that to achieve a noticeable antiproliferative effect a higher polyphenol concentration than is found naturally is required.

I've given up on the polyphenols as an oil control solution. My oil control regimen is different now - I'll make a new post about it.

Did you guys notice that Sana Fela has picked up on the Nobiletin-from-China-issue and made a blog article about it (here)?

I would be highly interested in the stuff, but the reports of dizziness are really scaring me off. Did anyone contact skinactives yet and asked where they got it from?

The Sana Fela cream is no alternative for me, as it has two major limitations:

• Sana Fela never showed, whether their product contains any Nobiletin at all (and if yes at what concentration).
  • Their cream is oil free, so I highly doubt that the Nobiletin will be absorbed adequately.

Best,

Dwight

Hey jsmithson,

Hey jsmithson,

I did try this but I had the same dizziness and other problems so I had to stop.

Hey jsmithson,

I did try this but I had the same dizziness and other problems so I had to stop.

That sucks man.

Did you find it still had the same sebum reducing effects when you mixed the ethanol/nobiletin solution into the cream compared to just putting the ethanol/nobiletin solution straight onto your face?

Did you find it still had the same sebum reducing effects when you mixed the ethanol/nobiletin solution into the cream compared to just putting the ethanol/nobiletin solution straight onto your face?

I tried to achieve the same end product percentage in the cream as I got in just plain ethanol. From memory (this was some time ago) the efficacy seemed the same.