Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
outcast623

Nobiletin

My T-Zone Serum just arrived in the mail today and I've got it on my face right now. I'll keep you guys posted.

Hi folks!

I'm back with an update on my use of Nobiletin. It's good to hear stories here about people who have used the nobiletin product and not experienced any problems. Unfortunately for me that is not the case.

I have tried the skin actives nobiletin (the powdered form, not the t-zone serum). I found it to be very effective at stopping oil but I had some very unpleasant systemic side effects.

The side effects I experienced are not restricted to the skin actives nobiletin - I earlier ordered some nobiletin directly from a chinese manufacturer and had exactly the same problem.

The side effects I experienced are dizziness and miscellaneous random pains. The dizziness I felt maybe a minute or two after applying the nobiletin to my face. The strength of the dizziness was related to the concentration of nobiletin (higher concentration = more dizziness).

The miscellaneous random pains I experience when using nobiletin are short, sharp pain in random locations across my whole body. It doesn't feel like it's on the surface - the pain is inside. The problem only lasts a few hours and then thankfully goes away.

I tried using nobiletin a few times lasting a day or two each. I found that the side effects lasted longer than the oil stopping potential. So if I wanted to stop oil completely, I would apply it again when the oil stopping ran out. What happened was that the side effects got stronger each time I applied it until it was just too much for me to handle.

Judging by the fact that others use nobiletin without feeling side effects, I think maybe I am allergic to Nobiletin.

Onto the Vitamin B5 now. This stuff also stops the oil but it doesn't have any nasty side effects for me.

How much did the serum control your oil? (Approx %)

And how long did it stay this way (Approx hour)?

How long have you used it?

Edited by wowacne

I just got the T Zone Serum in the mail today. I didn't know the bottle had a pump.

Anyways, I'm going to try it tonight and see how it goes. I'm not expecting anything yet, but I hope it works.

How much are all of you using? I know Dan52 you said 4 drops for your face and neck, but did you mean 4 pumps, or just a little pump to get a single drop 4 times?

Edited by ParanoidAndroid

I only use it on my nose but I use one pump. I think however much it takes to cover your face should be enough. And so far it doesn't seem to be irritating or drying so I don't think you have to worry about going overboard.

I only use it on my nose but I use one pump. I think however much it takes to cover your face should be enough. And so far it doesn't seem to be irritating or drying so I don't think you have to worry about going overboard.

Yeah, I used 3 pumps on my entire face. I'll see for sure after a few days, but so far it's pretty good.

I just got the T Zone Serum in the mail today. I didn't know the bottle had a pump.

Anyways, I'm going to try it tonight and see how it goes. I'm not expecting anything yet, but I hope it works.

How much are all of you using? I know Dan52 you said 4 drops for your face and neck, but did you mean 4 pumps, or just a little pump to get a single drop 4 times?

It looks like they switched their packaging. For my first order of the serum, it came in a bottle with an eye dropper that also acted as the lid of the bottle. I just got my second order, and now it comes in a bottle with a pump that you describe. As you can guess, when I said 4 drops, I meant with the original packaging. It comes out to about a dime sized amount of the serum, so whatever the equivalent is from the pump should be OK.

So it may be a good thing that they switched the packaging. I was noticing towards the end of last week that I was having a little breakout and some more oiliness. I didn't think of it at the time, but the serum towards the bottom of my first bottle had become a very dark orange. When I switched to the new bottle, the fresh serum is a very light, pale orange and since using it my skin is back under control. I'm guessing that constantly opening the old bottle to get the drops out caused the serum to oxidize and lose some of it's effectiveness and maybe that's why the new bottle has the pump instead.

Hope it goes well for you guys.

It looks like they switched their packaging. For my first order of the serum, it came in a bottle with an eye dropper that also acted as the lid of the bottle. I just got my second order, and now it comes in a bottle with a pump that you describe. As you can guess, when I said 4 drops, I meant with the original packaging. It comes out to about a dime sized amount of the serum, so whatever the equivalent is from the pump should be OK.

So it may be a good thing that they switched the packaging. I was noticing towards the end of last week that I was having a little breakout and some more oiliness. I didn't think of it at the time, but the serum towards the bottom of my first bottle had become a very dark orange. When I switched to the new bottle, the fresh serum is a very light, pale orange and since using it my skin is back under control. I'm guessing that constantly opening the old bottle to get the drops out caused the serum to oxidize and lose some of it's effectiveness and maybe that's why the new bottle has the pump instead.

Hope it goes well for you guys.

Well, so far, it hasn't been working too well for me. It is controlling break outs, but it is actually making my face more oily. I think that if it was actually working, the whiteheads that I'm still getting would go away, but for some reason, it's just not working. Maybe I received a bad bottle, or maybe I'm using too much or too little, but it's kind of disappointing so far.

I haven't seen any noticeable difference either, but I've only been using the serum for about a week. I'm going to give it a month before I make any conclusions. It at least seems to do a serviceable job of keeping acne at bay.

I am using the powder version and mixing it into a base cream. It has been 4 days but so far it doesn't seem to make any difference. Should cream be just as effective as serum? I was going to order the T-Zone Serum after reading the earlier positive feedback, but after the 2 previous posts I may wait...

I am using the powder version and mixing it into a base cream. It has been 4 days but so far it doesn't seem to make any difference. Should cream be just as effective as serum? I was going to order the T-Zone Serum after reading the earlier positive feedback, but after the 2 previous posts I may wait...

What percentage of Nobiletin are you adding to make your cream?

I don't measure exactly, but it is definitely more than the 2% in the serum. I would say quite a lot, probably 10-20%.

I don't measure exactly, but it is definitely more than the 2% in the serum. I would say quite a lot, probably 10-20%.

Is it even dissolving properly?

Is it even dissolving properly?

Yes, I only used some of the powder and cream to try out, in case the mixture does not work. So it was quite easy to mix them together.

I've been washing my face with Dan's cleanser, and I realized that it doesn't wash my face very well. So I tried using the Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar and it worked very well, and I started to see a reduction of oil with the combination of that and the T-Zone Serum. The strange thing was that I experienced some weird side effects while using the bar. For some strange reason, it made my cheek swollen and gave me two hard bumps on my forehead, so I had to stop using it. I switched back to Dan's cleanser and am scrubbing with it more than he recommends and the serum still works. I think that if the Serum isn't working for you that you should see if your cleanser is working well enough.

Does anybody have any recommendations for a cleanser? Dan's Cleanser is good, but it just doesn't remove excess oil from my face.

no...parabens are fine. of course there are those who will poo poo them, but they arent going to harm you.

Hi there!

I ordered some Nobiletin (in crystalline form) from a Chinese company a few months ago. It worked so well it's scary! After mixing it into a cream and applying it, my skin stopped being an oil tap for about 12 hours (my skin has been producing oil steadily 24x7 for the last 15 years). As a side effect of the stopping of the oil, my pimple problem effectively disappeared and my skin was very smooth.

Unfortunately the chemical I received from the Chinese company had some dangerous impurities in it and I had to stop using the product. I advise strongly against buying direct from a Chinese manufacturer - you just can't trust that what you get is the right thing. It's also very expensive to test a chemical properly so that path is just not practical (or safe) for an individual.

I searched for Nobiletin again about a week ago and found Skin Actives. I ordered the powdered version of Nobiletin from them and will be mixing it into a cream myself.

I'll post the results on acne.org!

Hello all, I am desperately looking for something to stop my facial over production of sebum. I know there has been a decent amount of talk about Nobiletin. However I have only heard of people talking about a pre-mixed cream that no one really knows how much Nobiletin they are actually getting.

Take a look at this.

www. skinactives.com/product/detail.aspx?prodID=203

I just ordered some, thought I would try a couple different strengths of mixes.

Anyone else try this yet? any reviews?

I am skeptical of a topical that makes much of a difference, but I don't know what else to try. :boohoo:

Hi there!

I ordered some Nobiletin (in crystalline form) from a Chinese company a few months ago. It worked so well it's scary! After mixing it into a cream and applying it, my skin stopped being an oil tap for about 12 hours (my skin has been producing oil steadily 24x7 for the last 15 years). As a side effect of the stopping of the oil, my pimple problem effectively disappeared and my skin was very smooth.

Unfortunately the chemical I received from the Chinese company had some dangerous impurities in it and I had to stop using the product. I advise strongly against buying direct from a Chinese manufacturer - you just can't trust that what you get is the right thing. It's also very expensive to test a chemical properly so that path is just not practical (or safe) for an individual.

I searched for Nobiletin again about a week ago and found Skin Actives. I ordered the powdered version of Nobiletin from them and will be mixing it into a cream myself.

I'll post the results on acne.org!

Hello all, I am desperately looking for something to stop my facial over production of sebum. I know there has been a decent amount of talk about Nobiletin. However I have only heard of people talking about a pre-mixed cream that no one really knows how much Nobiletin they are actually getting.

Take a look at this.

www. skinactives.com/product/detail.aspx?prodID=203

I just ordered some, thought I would try a couple different strengths of mixes.

Anyone else try this yet? any reviews?

I am skeptical of a topical that makes much of a difference, but I don't know what else to try. :boohoo:

Skinactives sources their nobiletin from china as well :(

Hi, All....

I follow this board occasionally, as I have had oily skin issues, too. Please be careful in ordering anything that comes from China -- there has been so much in the news about the impurities and untruthful disclosures with chinese products... most notably dog food last year. I am not saying don't try it... but just be mindful of this, and watch carefully for side effects. Good Luck!

LMAO!!!

The ingredients list is EXACTLY the same as skinactives...EXACTLY. The have fancy packaging though.

The price looks like it was 60.00 but is now slashed to 30.00!