Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone, I haven't posted in month or so because I've been trying not to focus on my skin. Until today. I feel so depressed again. I just feel so ugly and horrible new spots are forming under my skin as we speak. It's my graduation on Thursday and I know my skin will look terrible then...there's a huge one forming on my chin and I know from past experience that by Thursday it will be huge and noticeable. It looks like I'm going to have to make an excuse to miss my last week of uni :( I'm also supposed to be seeing a guy I like at the weekend, but I guess that won't happen now either. If I just got "normal" pimples, like the ones in the images I see posted a lot here, I would be able to face the world. But the ones I like are cyst like and make me look like there's something "wrong" with me. I feel so ugly and I'm losing hope that I'll ever be happy :(

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

oh good i knoow -_- acne is such a life/fun killer its just unspeakable! >.<

i dont even know what to say to u to make u feel better sry -_- but u can have a hug! *hugz*

btw u might try using tto on those cysts maybe, they would dry out, so that at least u could hide them under makeup maybe :confused: ive stopped some huge bumps from growing bigger that way, however i cant promise there wont be redness afterwards tho. :<

Hey, thanks for the reply (and hug!). I have tried tea tree oil but I find it only works once the pimple has been popped, it doesn't seem to help at this stage. I've had so many bad experience using creams and hot compresses to try and help my cysts and these days I tend to just leave them alone, except for cleansing and wearing make-up in the day. I'm just so sad because it's my graduation and winter break and I have been looking forward to this holiday for months! Now it looks like I'll be hiding out at home the whole time :(

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

maybe try steam face so that they kinda soften n so, and then try attack them with tto 100% one, yea would be harsh and probably will leave redmark but u could apply makeup at least and go to graduation if its very important to u to be there, so that u dont regret later :/ oh and when i mean apply tto, i mean apply it and leave overnight, and basically as much often as u can, until the event, imo it should dry out :/

Edited by fugleee_dumbBUNNY

This won't solve the problem before Ur event but I would schedule an app w/ a derm and get on an antibiotic. I too have cystic acne and have kept it at bay with IPL's and laser treatments it's starting to develop again so I went to the derm and got on Minocycline! The anti is Soooo much cheaper than the lasers and less painful. Good luck. Sometimes they're not as noticeable on the chin area. Best of luck to u:)

Hi FBAL. I have been taking doxycycline but I had lowered the dose to 100mg a day. Maybe I should up my dose to 200mg a day (this is what I started on originally) to clear this cyst... Or maybe I'll talk to my doc about switching antibiotics... it's so confusing!!

Sorry to hear how hard you are feeling at the moment. I have been forced to hideaway a lot too due to how bad i think my skin looks.

I notice you are using a lot of products (from looking at your sig). I used to use loads of stuff too and it got me nowhere, made things worse if anything. i would just try to stop using so many products and just let the skin heal when it can. I noticed the whole tone of my skin got better once i just started using mostly water, i still get acne, but not to the same level as i was before when facewashs were always drying my skin out.

If your graduation is in about a week, you should really try lemon juice. In my experience (and trust me I've tried plenty of things), it's what's most likely to work the fastest. After two days, your acne will start looking better. Just be careful if you have a tan, as it may lighten your skin tone slightly.

I went to my graduation plastered in make-up and avoided any kind of pictures, as I must have looked pretty disgusting. I was at my worst stage of acne, and that was when I was taking and using a whole lot of rubbish my dermatologist had prescribed.

Since you mentioned you're on Yasmin, I thought I should let you know that there are plenty of side effects related to it, and that you should really do some research on the internet if something doesn't seem right.

I ended up stopping everything my derm had prescribed and just started using lemon and even though my face is still a mess, it is MUCH, MUCH better than before. Check out the reviews on here: Mine's on there somewhere too!

Best of luck! XXX

Oh and by the way, PLEASE don't let acne stop you from going out on a date. I know how hard it is, because I have given in and stayed in countless times because of it- but I've realized that it's simple really: your acne is not your date's problem, and it honestly will not make the slightest difference to him. Not very convincing, but trust me, it's true! :angel:

Sorry to hear how hard you are feeling at the moment. I have been forced to hideaway a lot too due to how bad i think my skin looks.

I notice you are using a lot of products (from looking at your sig). I used to use loads of stuff too and it got me nowhere, made things worse if anything. i would just try to stop using so many products and just let the skin heal when it can. I noticed the whole tone of my skin got better once i just started using mostly water, i still get acne, but not to the same level as i was before when facewashs were always drying my skin out.

Hi Turbolemon,

I stopped using the Dalacin T about a month ago, I just forgot to update my signature. I started taking yasmin and doxycycline a month ago and since then I've been really gentle to my skin. I've been using a mild wash off cleanser at night and my Simple oil balancing one in the morning (the simple one contains natural products, not harsh chemicals). Apart from that I've just used moisturiser on my skin once or twice a day, depending on whether it needs it. So I don't think it's the products that are causing the problem :/

If your graduation is in about a week, you should really try lemon juice. In my experience (and trust me I've tried plenty of things), it's what's most likely to work the fastest. After two days, your acne will start looking better. Just be careful if you have a tan, as it may lighten your skin tone slightly.

I went to my graduation plastered in make-up and avoided any kind of pictures, as I must have looked pretty disgusting. I was at my worst stage of acne, and that was when I was taking and using a whole lot of rubbish my dermatologist had prescribed.

Since you mentioned you're on Yasmin, I thought I should let you know that there are plenty of side effects related to it, and that you should really do some research on the internet if something doesn't seem right.

I ended up stopping everything my derm had prescribed and just started using lemon and even though my face is still a mess, it is MUCH, MUCH better than before. Check out the reviews on here: Mine's on there somewhere too!

Best of luck! XXX

Oh and by the way, PLEASE don't let acne stop you from going out on a date. I know how hard it is, because I have given in and stayed in countless times because of it- but I've realized that it's simple really: your acne is not your date's problem, and it honestly will not make the slightest difference to him. Not very convincing, but trust me, it's true! :angel:

Hello oneredwine! Loving the username, to be honest I could use a big glass of red wine right now! I haven't heard of putting lemon juice on cystic spots before, does this actually work? At the moment the cyst is there but not particularly red or inflamed, so I'm wary of doing anything that might anger it!

I really admire people like you who can just go out and face the world despite of acne. I guess I must be very insecure :( It gets to me so much. Like I said in my earlier post, I feel like the spots I get are "freaky" and people must wonder what's wrong with my face. Sometimes I wonder if I'm making things worse in my head, maybe they are not that bad. I don't know.

I just feel down at a time in my life when I should be happy, which sucks :(

hello again one red wine! Just read your comments about yasmin too. I do know there has been a lot of fuss in the USA about yasmin. This article sums up how I feel about Yasmin: http://www.salon.com/life/broadsheet/2010/...2/birth_control

I think there are potential side effects (some serious) to almost every medication but you have to weigh up the pros and cons. For me, yasmin improves my skin and quality of life and stops me getting pregnant, so I'm taking my chances with it. Plus I'm slim and don't smoke so hopefully my chances are ok :/

Its devistating what these little red B*st*rds do to people!

I send a RANDOMSTUFFS261 HUG to you MissMeh!

If youve got cysts, id recommend UV light ray treatment. I dont get cysts at ALL anymore but 7 months ago i had 2 pop up everyday.

Watch Dis homie

Good luck ! :)

Edited by Randomstuffs261

Its devistating what these little red B*st*rds do to people!

I send a RANDOMSTUFFS261 HUG to you MissMeh!

If youve got cysts, id recommend UV light ray treatment. I dont get cysts at ALL anymore but 7 months ago i had 2 pop up everyday.

Watch Dis homie

Good luck ! :)

OMG I want that Ansr device so badly! I hope I can get it in the UK!! Thanks :)

hello again one red wine! Just read your comments about yasmin too. I do know there has been a lot of fuss in the USA about yasmin. This article sums up how I feel about Yasmin:

I think there are potential side effects (some serious) to almost every medication but you have to weigh up the pros and cons. For me, yasmin improves my skin and quality of life and stops me getting pregnant, so I'm taking my chances with it. Plus I'm slim and don't smoke so hopefully my chances are ok :/

You are right about Yasmin, but I just thought I should let you know, just in case! Lucky it works for you! :)

I got cystic acne whilst on medication, and it did disappear with lemon juice. What I do is cut a lemon (organic) into four pieces, rub one over my face, and squeeze the rest into a glass and drink it with warm water. When I was desperately trying to get rid of my acne, I would do this more than once a day and leave it on for as long as I can during the day, and all night in the evening. I have to admit that I have gotten lazy now, and do it about 3 or 4 times a week, but I do not get cystic acne anymore. Only a couple of reviews say that their face got irritated. Your face may seem slightly red when you apply it, but only for a few minutes. And there is the sting, of course. It may feel unbearable for a couple of minutes, but quite honestly, what are a couple of minutes of pain if it means it will make your face look better?! Just be gentle, don't rub vigorously!

I also stopped consuming animal products after doing a bit of research about dairy. You should check out this website, if you haven't already! : www.highonhealth.org/

You can read about lemon here: www.acne.org/lemon-juice-applied-topically-reviews/73/page1.html

And here: www.acne.org/lemon-juice-as-a-drink-reviews/76/page1.html

I understand what you mean about thinking your acne is freaky. I felt (and sometime still feel) exactly the same way. When I complained about it to people, most of them would just say 'Oh, everyone gets acne! It will go away eventually!' and it just SO irritating. I'm there thinking, 'Easy for YOU to say, with just a couple of pimples on your chin, while I'm here looking like a disgusting freak.' But eventually I realized that most people saying that weren't just saying that to make me feel better. While I was there scanning everyone's faces, they actually didn't care about what's on my face, because they were far too concerned about their own insecurities.

I wouldn't say I'm confident enough to go out most of the time, especially in the daylight but you just have to stick your acne in the very back of your mind. I lived in Malta this last summer, and didn't go swimming once, while my friends spent most weekends camping at the beach. Bright sunshine all over my bare face? Hot sunshine melting my foundation making me look like a puddle of melted ice cream? Neither option is exactly tempting! But graduation should be okay! Cover up your acne with make up as best as you can, and then just try to forget about it, at least for a short while (a drink or two will help ;) )

xxxxxxx

Edited by oneredwine

Hi FBAL. I have been taking doxycycline but I had lowered the dose to 100mg a day. Maybe I should up my dose to 200mg a day (this is what I started on originally) to clear this cyst... Or maybe I'll talk to my doc about switching antibiotics... it's so confusing!!

Yeah, he has me on 200mg a day for the next 3 months, that's when I go back and see him.

Regimen: AM 100mg mino....wash with lipid free ex sensitive skin wash, bought from him. Spot treatment with Aczone and cetaphil moisturizer, if I need to. And then mineral make up- Jane Iredale, which is for ppl who have had laser procedures or sensitive skin

Pm 100mg Mino....wash with lipid free. Then apply retain a I also use a Clairsonic brush and a blue led light.

He told me he was gonna hit it had so I'm guessing 200mg's a pretty high dose.

The day I went in to see him, it just so happened I had a large one forming on my forehead, and it would have gotten much bigger, I'm sure, if I hadn't started the Minocycline. It's starting to go down. I had a huge one come up on my forehead in aug it took months to go down and it's still the size of a eraser but finally going away since starting the Mino. So are some other one's that have been under my skin for a couple months. They're turning red but at least they're drying up:)