Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

people like to hurt my feelings

Ive been seeing this doctor lately to get treatment for my skin. He takes me as a joke. He keep on making jokes which he is funny but actually hurts my feelings a lot. He tells me im ugly with my scars and i should just be embrace it and show it to everyone instead oftrying to hide it. And my aunty told him that I need to start trying to find a girlfriend now so he said to me "oh it would be easy for you. Girls love ugly guys like you". And everyone just laughs. A lot of people including 3 quite pretty girls were in the room when he said it. those girls just laugh at me and it really hurts me confidence. Even my family members were laughing at me. So danm embaressing. And at the end of all this the doctor tells me I need to have confidence. But WTF he does this to me and expect me to have confidence.

I need to see him 3 times a week. He does this to me everytime i go there. i just sit there and do nothing to defend myself while everyone laughs at me. I am used to my family members calling my ugly and making fun of me but I am not used these things happening when girls are around. It would hurt my confidence less if were no girls around my age there but there always is.

I really dont care if i just die right now.

you need to remove those people (your doctor, thats horrible!) from your life,

say to your doctor: FUCK YOU your not getting my money any more you stupid bitch and just walk out!!

find a DERMATOLIGIST to help with you.....usually their more symptathetic.

and as for your family, confont them and tell them to stop, and its really hurting you.if you dont care that youd die right now, id tell them immediately to stop and to have ALL OF YOU see counceling, not just you.....your family also

someday a girl will find you attractive who loves you just the way you are, acne or not. dont go for bimbos like that...you need someone with substance.

proof of that ^^ : i found someone like that :) shes out there!

I think dermatologists who act like that obviously chose the wrong profession. A derm is supposed to make you feel comfortable, not guilty.

Get. A. New. Dermatologist. Right. Now.

Just don't go to the guy you're going to now. Even IF he helps you get clear, is it really worth the emotional and psychological heartache?

Guest fugleee_dumbBUNNY

duud, scars itself are nothing cool ofc, but hey u duh very pretty person, yo doc is either totally dumb or he is trying somehow make u more confident and laugh about it since u honestly arent ugly, anywayz it rly sucks from those ppl to act like that -_- they clearly dont get how acting like that, even if its meant ironically or whatev, is soo painful, damn, just slap them in a face, bastards! >x/

I'm curious as to why you see him 3 times a week. You need to find a new doctor. Dermatologists are supposed to be sensitive around skin issues. Especially around the youth. Trust me, you are not ugly. People are just assholes because they find it amusing. Don't take it to heart. I've been called ugly countless times, but I'd rather be ugly than be a jerk.

yes that doctor really is a jerk. Also my aunty loves to tell everyone about my skin and getting people to notice it. Last time me and my aunty were at the doctors place waiting to see him. There were like 5 other people around us waiting to see him too and she just shouts to everyone "hey look at his face(my face)" and she started tell everyone about my story. She knows that i am very shy and i dont like it when people talk about my skin but she still does it. I dont understand why she would hurt my feelings like that.

Honestly, confront these people. Your doctor AND your family. Your aunty's being unacceptably rude, and so is your doctor.

You should probably file a complaint or something about this doctor. People who handle delicate issues shouldn't be mocking people about having it it; no matter how "small" the issue may be.

Judging by your avatar, I wouldn't say you're ugly at all. I know what some random person says won't do much good, but all I can say is that you should try to work on your self-esteem issues. Confidence may seem impossible right now, but trust me. You only live once; make the most of it. :)

whatt knock his ass out! naw jk but i'd prob do that haha

dont listen to what ppl say about ur acne, he surely didnt go through this "stage" most of us are dealing with right now. keep ur head up and goodluck!

Tell these people how you feel. I'm sure your family wouldn't talk to you like that if you told them it hurt. Same thing goes for your doctor, tell him to stop with the jokes.

Speak your mind and be assertive, you'll most likely get the respect you need.

Tell these people how you feel. I'm sure your family wouldn't talk to you like that if you told them it hurt. Same thing goes for your doctor, tell him to stop with the jokes.

Yes i believe i need to talk to them about my feelings but its so hard to do... i get too embaressed everytime i try. They know that i dont have much confidence and they know i get embaressed when people talk about my skin however i never had a serious talk with anyone about it...its so hard to do..

But anyway the annoying thing is that they know how i feel but they still say these hurtful things to me..i dont understand y they would do it

Yes i believe i need to talk to them about my feelings but its so hard to do... i get too embaressed everytime i try. They know that i dont have much confidence and they know i get embaressed when people talk about my skin however i never had a serious talk with anyone about it...its so hard to do..

But anyway the annoying thing is that they know how i feel but they still say these hurtful things to me..i dont understand y they would do it

Are you sure they aren't being sarcastic? They know that you're always thinking about it, so that's all they can really talk to you about. Tell someone how you feel, your mom perhaps? Once you get that emotional connection, and you have a place to let it out, you'll feel much much better. Holding these feelings in isn't always helpful.

Is it normal for people in China to behave this way? I can't imagine a doctor doing that all the time here in England and being able to get away with it. I would fire his ass

Your chinese right? I personally find chinese people so attractive - and I wouldn't let one nor 100 people get you down if i was you. Your better than that doctor, if he carries on with these remarks just say to him, 'excuse me - im here as im upset about the way i look, can you stop please?' or just leave him and go to another doctor.

We all are emotionally messed up at the moment with our spots so another person making us feel so low isn;t worth it!!

F'real my dude, why are you letting you're doctor humiliate you in public and disrespect you at all? Confront these people and let them know how you feel. My advice is like everyone else, change doctors right away, this dude isn't worth your money.

Are you sure they aren't being sarcastic? They know that you're always thinking about it, so that's all they can really talk to you about. Tell someone how you feel, your mom perhaps? Once you get that emotional connection, and you have a place to let it out, you'll feel much much better. Holding these feelings in isn't always helpful.

In the past i have talked to my mum and dad about my feels. However they dont take me seriously. They think im joking and is not mature which just makes me more angry.

Is it normal for people in China to behave this way? I can't imagine a doctor doing that all the time here in England and being able to get away with it. I would fire his ass

No not all. Just most of the grown up people (people similiar age to my parents) are like that to me but my cousins never hurt my feelings like that.

I'd rather be ugly than be a jerk.

Way to go!! I support you! :)

yes that doctor really is a jerk. Also my aunty loves to tell everyone about my skin and getting people to notice it. Last time me and my aunty were at the doctors place waiting to see him. There were like 5 other people around us waiting to see him too and she just shouts to everyone "hey look at his face(my face)" and she started tell everyone about my story. She knows that i am very shy and i dont like it when people talk about my skin but she still does it. I dont understand why she would hurt my feelings like that.

Hey ya tell you what, your aunty is just an idiot fool just forget about her. SHE HAS NO BRAINS.

Oh and that pathetic doctor? He thought making you feels worst and trash all the way down making you more self conscious than ever is gona make you hook to him, thus he will never lose a patient like you. Prove him wrong! You have ego and esteem and money. Tell him in your next visit: MOROON YOU ARE FIRED!

Edited by Dreamlify

You should really tell your aunt how you feel. She is family and she is supposed to make you feel happy, not the other way around. Have a serious discussion with her and also switch doctors. Go to a dermatologist for your skin who sees a lot of patients with the same issue. Stick up for yourself! Its your skin and no one should make fun of you for that! :)

You definitely don't need to be seeing that asshole any longer. Nobody deserves to be treated that way. Hold your head up and find a new derm. Teach him a lesson.