Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cityandcolour

Recommend me a toner, please?

Hey everyone,

I'm about three months into the BP regimen and my skin is looking pretty good, I don't have breakouts anymore (unless I skip a few days of the regimen, which I've been doing sometimes lately, horrible I know). The problem is still with my red spots- I have a lot. I don't use toner or anything else besides cleanser/bp/moisturizer+jojoba, so I wanted to add in a product.

So I'm curious, what toner do you use? Would you recommend it, has it helped you?

And also... this may be a dumb question, but WHERE exactly in the regimen would I put in the toner application? After cleansing / before BP application?

Right now my regimen is this:

Olay Anti-Aging Regenerist Cleanser

Dan's BP

Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin (with 5-6 drops of jojoba oil)

Sometimes I apply a bit of jojoba oil after cleansing to get rid of flakiness, but I might stop that if I start using toner.

I appreciate anyone taking the time to read this and any suggestions you may have! Thanks :)

I find it helps some with the dryness and take off flakes for a better application of makeup. I use the one noted below on my signature.I apply toner right after the shower ( i wash my face in the shower, dry face, apply toner, and then wash hands and apply bp) and i find this one very well for dry skin. It took me awhile to get use to this particular one bc i thought it felt yucky at first and thought it may do more worse than good, but i love it!

I dont use it at night.

Guest Timehealsall

hey i lovemypuppy, i looked at your sig and was wondering which cetaphil lotion do you use on your face? How is it? Does it ball up with the benzoyl peroxide?

Also, have you tried acne.org bp? How does it compare to proactiv bp? I am thinking about maybe switching bps

hey i lovemypuppy, i looked at your sig and was wondering which cetaphil lotion do you use on your face? How is it? Does it ball up with the benzoyl peroxide?

Also, have you tried acne.org bp? How does it compare to proactiv bp? I am thinking about maybe switching bps

I use the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion for all skin types (the one in the huge bottle). It does not ball up with the bp. However I do wait 15 min after applying bp. And then i brush and dry my hair before I apply any makeup. I feel application of makeup is nicer if you wait 10 min or so.

I have used acne.org bp. Here is why i like the proactiv.

When I first started this regimen i started with the proactiv bp b/c I had some. And I found it worked amazing and my skin was getting clear. But I figured well, Dan made his especially for this regimen and I thought it may help with the severe dryness and flakiness, so application of makeup would be easier. I bought his during christmas so two months into the regimen. So as you know the flakiness is severe still especially with it being winter. I tried it for about another 3 months or so and just didnt like it(winter is short where i live). I felt it was thicker than the proactiv and balled up horribly with my face lotion and i tried the olay he loves thinking it may work better. But I found the consistency too thick for me. I love the proactiv, althought it does have a scent, I don't find it irritating to the skin and have never had a problem with it. I prefer the application of this with my current moisturizer and any other moisturizer. I did continue to go back to the acne.org and still gave it a try since i spent the money on it later in spring, and summer and still did not like it.

My flakiness is gone, I just still have dry skin. I didn't find the acne.org to be less drying or any better. I only use it when i am out of the proactiv bp. Although the actual retail price is expensive i find it for about 10 dollars on amazon.com.

I love it! I would definitely give this a try.

I hope this helped