Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crazed Bishop

moisturizer Prob

Well i been doing the Regimen but i have not been applying lotion and really don't know what lotion to use cuz some get really greasy and i don't want that is there a recomended kind to use or what.

if you havent been applying lotion, you arent following the regimen... moisturizing is an integral part of this process so grab some moisturizer asap

Is it ok to apply any oil-free moisturisers that are not listed in Dan's recommendation (e.g. Neutrogena Intesified Day Moisture 15+, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream 15+)? I have dry skin + acne (=what a combination!).

Thanks in advance

Yep it should be, but try it. A good indication of whether they will be ok is if so they say "non-comedogenic" (non pore clogging) on the side. There aren't any guidelines for what constitutes a non-comedogenic product, though, but you should try a variety of moisturisers until you find one that's right for you.

i've been on Dan's regimen for about three weeks. I use cetaphil cleansing bar, bp gel, and then cetaphil moisturizer spf 15. I've noticed that the moisturizer i use gets my face very oily.

Well lately i've been having a break out on my face, (after good progress initially) and i began to suspect that the moisturizer was breaking my face out. so last night i decided not to put any and see what happens. this morning i found absolutley no new pimples formed, and my face is a lot less red.

now that i think of it.. ever since i started using the moisturizer my face has been breaking out sad.gif

i think its cuz i put a lot on.. do you think putting less will solve it or would i need to get a different one altogether, and if so.. which one?

I had many moisturizer problems. that seems to be quite common.

they either amde my skin greasy/shiney, burnt like hell on application after bp or broke me out etc.

I finally started using E45 lotion, its perfect in every way. Minimal ingrediants, non-greasy/shiney, no irritation.

I dont do the moisturiser with bp.

I do the regimen at night without the moisturising part because for me, it just seems to make it worse. My skin doesnt get that dry after using the BP so i just use it at night now instead of doing it twice a day.

i use Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub when im in the shower after ive washed off all the bp when I wake up, my face seems a bit dry before i do this, but when im done my skin is baby soft, feels much less greasy then it does when i tried using moisturizers, and my complexion got significantly better

this stuff works great for me, and i have been highly recommending it

umm, if your skin isn't extremely dry i'd highly recommend Gillete Moisturizer with SPF 15. And then Cetaphil moisturizer at night.

Gillete leaves no grease behind. Cetaphil does, but it's not bad to be a lil greasy while you're sleeping eh. Cetaphil works better too....thats why using it at night evens ya' out