Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cascade

What is this? Injected twice and still won't go away

I'm on differin, duac, and solodyn, and generally have one pimple a month. When I do get one, I get it injected, and it's gone the next day. Wednesday I felt a bump under my skin (could feel it, but not see it), and decided to hit it with a preemptive strike and get a cortisone injection. The next morning, instead of having gone down, it had swelled up a little, and was now making the area a little red around the bump. I figured maybe the cortisone still needed more time to work, and that the swelling would go down. Friday morning it is exactly the same, so I decide to get it injected again. Dermatologist says it is pretty deep, but she went straight in and it should be gone by the next day. Today I woke up, and it was still swollen. Not quite as red, but still noticeable. I can feel the bump, and it hasn't gone down at all. It's fully under the surface, and doesn't hurt when I press on it, but it doesn't seem to be going away. I've been putting Duac on it during the day and Differin at night, and it still hasn't changed at all. What is this? I plan to go back to my dermatologist on Monday if it hasn't started to go away and see what my options are.

Below is a photo. It's not terribly noticeable, but you can still see what I'm talking about. The white shade to it is the fact that there is a layer of Differin on top of it.

post-142276-1292125156_thumb.jpg

post-142276-1292125156_thumb.jpg

Edited by cascade

It's hard to see in the pic, but it must be pretty deep, especially since it doesn't hurt. Are you sure it's a cyst? I guess the derm would know more than I would, but it does seem odd for it to be unresponsive to 2 injections.

I'm not sure if it's a cyst or not...that is what I'm trying to figure out while I wait for Monday to roll around so I can see the dermatologist again.

I've had two bumps very similar to that for about a month now. They seem to be going away on their own for the most part. Just... slowly.

NEVER EVER, get a cortisone inejection before inflmation is eminent. The cortisone inevitably counteracts your intentions to 'prevent' the inflamation thus causing the cystic acne to rise to the surface.

In this country we arn`t injected with corticosteroids when we get a cyst> Mainly because you have to wait months for an appointment with a dermatoligist for months on the NHS. But i found that BP 10% would get rid of cysts.

Edited by Claudio