Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mboona

whats a good benzoyl peroxide cream

hey, im on differin and clindamycin and i'm relatively clear for it, but i do get the occasional annoying cyst- especially on the chin area. I was wondering what would be a good benzoyl peroxide cream to use in the morning in conjunction with the clyndamycin solution that I can buy over the counter at walgreens or something.

Neutrogena on-the-spot 2.5% BP is usually recommended. IF at all possible you can order something on the internet, however, I would recommend Dan's if you're looking for 2.5%. It's very cheap for the amount that you get.

Neutrogena on-the-spot 2.5% BP is usually recommended. IF at all possible you can order something on the internet, however, I would recommend Dan's if you're looking for 2.5%. It's very cheap for the amount that you get.

hey thanks for the reply. I'm currently trying to see if cleansing twice a day instead of only once at night will resolve my occasional cysts. I've also been cleansing pretty harshly by rubbing, so I will try an attempt at being more gentle to see if that will cut down on the amount of blemishes I get. Differin and clyndamin keeps me very clear, but I would say once every other week or so I would get a huge cyst usually on the chin area that will go away and then i'll be clear for upwards to a month and then bam another cyst. This has been an enduring cycle for the past x amount of years but it has gotten better... i'll add bp to my regime if cleansing twice a day fails...

Edited by mboona

Zapzyt and OXY's 10% BP spot treatments are pretty sweeet

I must have used proactive for close to four years during hs. It kept me relatively clear at times and relatively bad at other times. But I wasn't moisturizing properly and I was probably being over aggressive. I quit then went to the derm to get some retinoinds which have mostly worked out well.

But Im thinking about adding benzoyl peroxide at least only on my chin in addition to clyndamycin as well as differin. and cleansing twice a day with a mild gentle cleanser like cera ve