Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi all first post!

can anyone suggest to me a good regimen i can buy from boots?

i have tried the

loreal men expert hydra sensitive foaming wash

panoxyl 2.5% "it really dries my skin out and makes me burn"

clean and clear deep pore foaming wash

olay beauty fluid moisturiser

olay day moisturiser

olay night moisturiser

loreal men expert hydra sensitive moisturiser

i have acne on my face and back have yet to try anything on back

any suggestions will be great

Edited by martinh

For a cleanser I use Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2 in 1 Wash and Mask, been using this for a few years before I found out about the regimen. I use Oxy on the Spot for the BP, I couldn’t actually find it in any of the stores but you can get it online. I managed to get one out of Superdrug. For a moisturiser I use Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil-free Moisturiser which I find is good.

You should be able to find them on the website by just searching for them. Plus they are kinda cheep £4 each.

I also have a little acne on my neck and back but haven’t tried these products on them yet. I’m waiting to see how well these go on my face for a month or so.

Edited by xangelinax

yeah i have heared mixed reviews on that so thought i would stay away since i have combination / sensitive skin..

apparently using the biore exfoliater makes my skin go oily not good....have yet to find a exfoliater that works properly and doesnt kill my skin or over oil it

I've found Simple Light Hydrating moisturiser to be pretty good and I use the Simple Kind to Skin Refreshing wash. I was having success with these two products, and a little BP to spot treat, until recently. That has always been the way in my experience. Something works for so long, but seems to stop being effective after a few months. It could be other things I guess - I haven't found a magic ingredient yet though, and I'm 25. It might be worth giving those products a go, however, they have worked well for me for a few months at least.

well my regime is as follows;

- quinoderm - apply on spots/acne when skin is room temp. it normally burns the spot away in a day or so

- cocoa butter formulae (palmers) - I use this as a moisturiser as it helps sooth your skin and keep it hydrated, but also i find that it helps fade the acne scars. It does say, helps improve the appearance of scaring and i find it good!

- Soap - When washing my face in the morning and night, I just use a cheap, simple hand soap that you can buy for like 60p. My doctor told me that clearasil, garnier etc... don't do much difference, and I converted from using clearasil daily for years and years to a simple, cheaper alternative, soap - and it didn't give me any break outs.

I have panoxyl.

Its best to put it in the palm of your hand and mix a small amount of water with it or mix it with a moisturizer so its less strong.

I have panoxyl.

Its best to put it in the palm of your hand and mix a small amount of water with it or mix it with a moisturizer so its less strong.

Thanks for the advise, will give it a try! :clap:

I use Simples Refreshiung Gel wash, Panoxyl 2.5 and Simples rich moisturiser. I did try the simple light moisturiser but didn't feel like it helped enough with the drying at the start. I'm just over 4 weeks in and the first couple of weeks were tough. I'm more than happy with the results so far tho.