Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
24/7swimmer

SMALL bumps on face - NO HEADS ?

I'm virtually free of all breakouts, however I have a "layer" of small bumps all over my face. You can't see the head with a naked eye, but when squeezed, reveals a VERY small whitehead. What causes this type of acne? I stopped wearing foundation.. I'm thinking it may be the moisturizer. I'm using Cerave. Any thoughts/suggestions/recommendations? :)

PLEASE POST! Thanks!

Well its that your pores are very slightly blocked and the sedum, sweat ect is getting blocked inside. It could be the moisturizer or the makeup

Maybe a blue light from Acnederm.com would help you, their blue light is $29. I like them because they penetrate your skin and treat deep in the pore. It sounds like thats what you need. The lights and exfoliating work well for me. You can read more about them on this sight or at Acnederm.com; they have good explanations.

Hope that helps

Edited by cagirl

This might not be of any help but initially I had noticed this as well on my skin. I saw a handful of dots everywhere under my skin and when i squeezed a little i would get a string of white pus... It didn't have a head. I stopped squeezing but a lot of them didn't have anything come up and i didn't want to make matters worse anyway. So I saw this all over my face. My head, my cheeks, and chin. I never went to the derm. for it and tried treating my face with aspirin masks. Unfortunately for me, after a few months (3 to 4) of the heads being there and not going away. My face erupted into inflammed papules and pustules. So I rushed to my doctor and now I'm being treated with doxycycline (antibiotic) and yaz (birth control to help my hormones). My face looks hideous! I honestly pray and hope this never happens to anyone. My best advice would be to see a dermatologist while it's in it's beginnings phase. And I'm sure she or he will prescribe you something or give you a good idea of what you can do to eliminate them while they're under your skin. Hope this helped

This was my problem for SO.LONG. Tiny, flesh colored bumps with no head, except that if I tried to squeeze them nothing would come out and I would end up with an inflammed mess. The only treatment that worked for me was Retin A combined with Spiro, but each person has a different combination of causation, so it's hard to say what would work for you. These little buggers are stubborn, though, and it took every bit of six months to get rid of them. Two months of that, though, was managing through the initial break out from the Retin A.

Sorry you're going through this - it sucks.

Oh, and as far as recs for cleanser/moisturizer - I use Cetaphil cleanser, but recently (almost 4 weeks ago I think) my derm gave me a sample of DML moisturizing lotion and I AM IN LOVE!!! I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! It's available everywhere, but after my sample ran out I ordered in from on online pharmacy (it's just easier for me). I love it because it will NOT leave you face greasy, in fact, it leaves it with a matte finish. THe only caveat is that it might not work for those with very dry skin. I think it would work best for people with normal to oily skin.

Edited by *ShiningStar*

i'm pretty sure i had those too, more around my mouth, and i found there's really not too much I could do about it anyways. I found it better to just leave them alone and they go away eventually. My toner helps clear em up now, it's thayers witch hazel. worth a shot, good luck! :)

I have this too! They are so stuborn and horribleee..i feel so depressed having them. Im even wearing inika mineral makeup but i think this is making them spread to other areas of my face that are unaffected, is this possible? also, do you think diet it related to these spots?