Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kaduh_s

2nd month claravis. terrible IB wont stop!

hi my name is sean

Im 20 years old. Weigh 170 pounds and am on 80mg a day. Im about 3/4 of the way through my second month and have had an extremely bad IB that started about a week into the course. The side effects arent as bad now but i just keep breaking out constantly and the old acne that is no longer active wont go away so i look terrible. ive never had acne this bad. ive got zits forming on top of zits for pete's sake.

Has anyone else had an IB last so long and was so intense?

comments are appreciated

thanks

That's rough, I feel your pain. I'm going through the IB right now and it always seems like the breakouts form right next to each other forming a big nasty clump. I actually have heard of people going through IB's lasting up until the third and fourth month, fourth month isn't as common but it does happen..May I ask has your dosage been raised recently in your course? that sometimes causes flare ups..other than that I have no clue, that may be a question to ask your derm. Everyone's reaction to accutane is different.

thanks

Yeah i really hope the IB is on its last stretch. Especially with christmas coming soon along with all the family get togethers and such. I did change my dosage from 40 to 80mg a day when i started the second month so that probably did play a part in it.

How far along are you?

I am only on day 19!!! But my IB started about 5 days ago (beginning of week 2). I can only hope that mine clears up fast. I would expect that the dosage increase played a part..you will probably be clear in no time :)

Ackkk you're in the awful phase. I'm sorry :( My IB went on through the third month, and I didn't start clearing up until the fourth. I'm in month 5 now and almost completely clear, so hang in there! It will get better.