Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GreaseFace

Could soy milk be causing my oily skin?

I'm lactose intolerant so I was trying to find something new to drink. I started drinking soy milk about 2 weeks ago and my skin was fine the first week but now this week my skin has been very very oily and I think it's been causing my recent breakout. I know soy milk contains a lot of plant based estrogens but would it really make a difference on a teenage guy like me?

Hey....not sure if this post is what you're looking for, but I started drinking soy milk because I thought regular milk was having a bad effect on my skin. Then, I started to notice my skin was breaking out WORSE. Not definite it was bc of the soy, but I switched to drinking almond milk, which I actually think tastes better than soy. My skin is pretty good right now so i'm thinking there was some correlation.

Good luck :)

I recommend you switch to almond milk. It's weird because on one hand I have read that many centenarians (people who live past 100) have soy daily in parts of Japan, and on the other hand I hear it is bad for you. To stir clear try the almond milk. I make my own every 4 days and keep it in the refrigerator. I do not advise people consume milk because in nature there is no other animal that continues to drink milk past a certain age, not to mention every milk product on the market is pasteurized. I have heard goats milk is an exception though.

My directions:

1/2 cup of raw almonds (soak them in water over night)

4 cups of water in the blender

pinch of sea salt (to preserve it longer in the fridge)

blend!

This is a lot cheaper than buying the cartons and way healthier because you literally make it yourself using only 3 ingredients.

Hope this helps.

Edited by floatingrhythm

Alright so its been about a week or so since I quit soy and my face is actually less greasier and the acne is going down. I've switched to almond milk and it doesn't affect me in anyway which is great.