Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joris

Dietary cholesterol and serum cholesterol

So I was wondering if anyone of you guys have any study on dietary cholesterol and its effects on bad cholesterol. I hear from a lot of sources it doesn't hurt. I eat 28eggs a week myself. But I was wondering if anyone has a study showing that it has no effect. (or a study that shows it has an effect , if thats the case)

EDIT: found some studies, you can find them below in the 9th post.

Edited by joris

study? My dad wants prove , because he thinks im gonna get an hearth attack by eating those 28eggs aweek.

Dietary cholesterol only counts for a percentage of your blood cholesterol. I've heard doctors say 30%, which I doubt is exact. If your cholesterol is high, it's because your body is making it, which is why they give people statins which prevent your body from making it. But they are damaging, and they should instead look into why your body is making so much. Cholesterol is made for repairing damage.

Gary Taubes book "Good Calories, Bad Calories" sources hundreds of studies that support it. If you can't get the book, google search his name or something. The most interesting thing is, there are no studies out there that even conclude saturated fat and dietary cholesterol to be a bad thing. :)

Edited by uncle buck

I dont like gary taubes... He ignores a lot of evidence. And says a lot of things that arent even remotely correct. But he points out that a lot of studies are flawed. Thats the only good part of his book.

Edited by joris

http://blog.tmu.edu.tw/d301090006/A%20Pros...Consumption.pdf

These findings suggest that consumption of up to 1 egg per day is unlikely

to have substantial overall impact on the risk of CHD or stroke among healthy

men and women. The apparent increased risk of CHD associated with higher egg consumption

among diabetic participants warrants further research.

Edited by joris