Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flow10

Egg Protein

Hi guys, I'm pretty sure that there have been similar topics to this one, but I really didn't find one exactly like it so I posted a new thread instead.

I've had pretty severe acne for 2 years and I'm slowly but steadily strating to get a control of it. Recently I did a blood test which indicated which foods/drinks I can eat and which not. The main cause for my acne seem to be dairy products. Since I also work out, I need my protein. I used to drink a whey protein shake after every workout. Not anymore, for the past month, and my face feels better. As I was desperate to find some alternatives for the whey protein I found OLIMP Egg Protein. It should be a high-quality product and it says that lactose and milk protein intolerant people can also use it.

However, before I start using it I wanted to make sure that I'm doing the right thing. Yes I can eat eggs, but I was wondering if maybe all the supplements are bad for my acne? Since they're not "the real thing" or something.

It's a pretty difficult question to answer to, I know, but since I don't want my acne to get worse I thought I'd rather be careful and ask for advice.

I don't see why it would be a problem for acne. Plenty of companies isolate egg protein, and while most people I know use whey, I haven't heard anything bad about egg.

One way to find out....

Wheezle: Yeah I was thinking the same thing, I just have to try and see what happens.

Joris: I need my protein shake right after workout, I wouldn't be able to eat eggs at least for 1.5-2 hours after I've finished my training.

just eat the eggs...

You'd have to eat a rather unhealthy amount of eggs (6-7) to equal a single serving of egg protein isolate.

Beef protein isolate

Hemp protein

Rice protein

Gemma pea protein

Amino acids

There are plenty of options that circumvent whey and milk based powders.

Well I don't know if your trainer told you, but you want to be avoiding the yolks of the eggs due to the high fat and cholesterol contained in them.

If you're in a rush in the morning you could a.) get up earlier or b.) prepare the eggs the night before.

If you choose option b, which I'm kinda thinking your going to, you can make boiled eggs and put them in the fridge the night before, make sure they're hard boiled (so the yolk isn't soft...about 10minutes on the boil) and just eat the whites and throw away the yolk! (It's ok though to have 1 yolk though if your eating 3 eggs.) maybe put them in a sammich!

Hope this helps

best-muscle-building-programs

Edited by JonyLeaber

em as long as you eat enough omega 3's and keep your saturated fats not to high you'll be fine.

dietary cholesterol almost doesn't effect your cholesterol level counts. Funny how people always think trainers know so much about nutrition...

how much protein are you guys aiming for btw?

Beef protein isolate

Hemp protein

Rice protein

Gemma pea protein

Amino acids

There are plenty of options that circumvent whey and milk based powders.

where would one be able to find these?? and are these suitable replacements for the powders taken after working out>?

FLOW10 = where do you get the OLIMP EGG Protein?

keep us posted on how this is working out for you, your workouts, and your acne.

thank YOu.

I get everythinng from trueprotein.com. They also have egg protein. Great prices and you are allowed the option to choose the flavors and sweeteners since everything is made to order. I usually just order unflavored.

The only negative is that their shipping prices suck, but that can be mitigate by ordering a lot at one time to last months.

just eat the eggs...

You'd have to eat a rather unhealthy amount of eggs (6-7) to equal a single serving of egg protein isolate.

6-7 Eggs is far from unhealthy...

Eggs are a nutritionally sound food that are wonderful to eat.

Well I don't know if your trainer told you, but you want to be avoiding the yolks of the eggs due to the high fat and cholesterol contained in them.

If you're in a rush in the morning you could a.) get up earlier or b.) prepare the eggs the night before.

If you choose option b, which I'm kinda thinking your going to, you can make boiled eggs and put them in the fridge the night before, make sure they're hard boiled (so the yolk isn't soft...about 10minutes on the boil) and just eat the whites and throw away the yolk! (It's ok though to have 1 yolk though if your eating 3 eggs.) maybe put them in a sammich!

Hope this helps

Well, I don't know where YOU'RE getting your information from but there's no point to eating eggs without the yolks. The yolks contain a lot of nutritional value. Fat from natural sources, like unprocessed meats, eggs, fruits etc - are perfectly fine for you. And dietary cholesterol has little to no impact on blood cholesterol.

So go ahead, and eat as many eggs as you want. The bad rep eggs get really has no hardcore definitive proof.

i know i'm bumping a very old thread, but whatever, i wanted to add something ;)

and that is: egg whites contain antinutrients that inhibit the absorption of b- vitamines from egg yolk, so they're most beneficial eaten in separation.

eating them together doesn't harm you, you just don't benefit as much as you possibly could.

Hope this helps

I eat plenty of eggs and my cholesterol is in the normal range. I also don't eat junk: processed food and refined sugars. I only obtain my carbs from mainly green vegetables and nuts.

There is plenty of fat, cholesterol and protein in my current and I am healthier now than my previous ways of eating such as avoid nutrition dense foods like whole eggs because of so called "too much fat and cholesterol". Instead, cut out the other stuff that is really detrimental to your health and soon enough you will see that the whole "don't eat the yolk" part is hogwash.

is f8cking dairy bad for acne ?

Yes there are a lot of studies showing this. However it varies greatly from person to person.