Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JackTheRed

Permanent forehead-lines at 17

Didn't know where else to put this topic, seems as it might be result of skin damage due to acne I decided to post here.

The deal is, i'm only 17...and I have permanent forehead lines already blink.gif I'm not sure how or why, maybe b/c I used too many acne lotions etc on my face?

Well it's quite noticeable. My friend in school pointed it out to me in room that was quite dark (i guess it's more prominent in natural light) so it kept bothering me that I had forehead lines; they're always on my forehead, not just when i elevate my eyebrows; a couple of darker lines that have a couple of previous scars in points through them. I put a pic in my album, should be quite sharp.

Click here for pic

Anyway, I was just wondering, is this something temporary that's happened due to scarring or is it, in fact, the kind of thing that happens to ppl's skins as they age? ...and is this normal for a 17 y/o to have? and has anyone else experienced anything like this? or am I the first? (well at least to post here)

Anyway, I don't think this is something time would heal unsure.gif any ideas on what I can do other than get a botox like every week for the rest of my life?

I have that too. I've always wondered what caused it. The lines are in the natural areas of the forehead, like yours. It looks deeper for a couple secs when you elevate your eyebrows. I hope dermabrasion will eliminate it.

I also have that, quite bad, although it doesnt bother me half as much as the red marks. Could have something too do with the Bp I guess...dont remember having them before I started the regimen.

I think the lines are natural 'wrinkles' or dynamic lines due to very active forhead muscles .....sounds like it particularly if you can move your eye brows up and down very well.

Some people can and some people cannot.

I have had those lines for years until a kindley soul pointed me in the direction of a vial of botox and poooof! miraculously they have gone. Quite incredible.

Its a temporary measure as you have to get it done a couple of times a year but hey, I wish my acne scars could have been sorted out as well!

Plus I am a lot older than you and I am not saying get it done!! But I just thought you ought to know that years down the line if they are even more prominant and are getting on your nerves that you can definetely do something about them bb_smile.gif

Stop it, you're killing me lol! I'm afraid doctors will start shooting teenagers with Botox soon. I don't mean to be callous, but if such minor wrinkes bug you then maybe you should just grow some bangs and get over it.

Stop it, you're killing me lol! I'm afraid doctors will start shooting teenagers with Botox soon. I don't mean to be callous, but if such minor wrinkes bug you then maybe you should just grow some bangs and get over it.

I hate to say it, but they are wrinkles. (Albeit baby ones) You are probably a bit hypersensitive to such things, and I am that way as well sometimes, and I would bet that most people on this board are as well. The guy that pointed it out to you probably has a big nose, or buck teeth, and you should probably point this out to him 8-10 times per day, since that’s what friends are for. bb_icon_twisted.gif If you follow the "regime", make sure that you moisturize like it says; That is, shortly after applying the BP. That should help with preventing wrinkles if they are caused partly by dry skin. Seriously though, dude, if they are the perm wrinkles that all humans get, it’s no big deal. Maybe women will think you’re older, and they will shirley want you all-the-more. (You don’t mind being called that, do you?)

bb_eusa_think.gif Do you go out in the sun much? Lots of sun exposure can cause damage to your skin. If that's the case, start wearing sun screen everyday. You might also consider occassional exfoliation as well as using a moisturizer on a daily basis. Just my thoughts.

I hate to say it, but they are wrinkles. (Albeit baby ones) You are probably a bit hypersensitive to such things, and I am that way as well sometimes, and I would bet that most people on this board are as well. The guy that pointed it out to you probably has a big nose, or buck teeth, and you should probably point this out to him 8-10 times per day, since that’s what friends are for.  bb_icon_twisted.gif  If you follow the "regime", make sure that you moisturize like it says; That is, shortly after applying the BP. That should help with preventing wrinkles if they are caused partly by dry skin. Seriously though, dude, if they are the perm wrinkles that all humans get, it’s no big deal. Maybe women will think you’re older, and they will shirley want you all-the-more. (You don’t mind being called that, do you?)