Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RonnieC

Testosterone boosters/Pro-Hormones and acne?

So then guys, I need some advice RE: Natural testosterone boosters.

I'v been training for about 2 years, in that time I have made a respectable amount of progress for someone who trains naturally, but lately my progress has slowed right down, I havn't added any lean muscle mass for atleast two months and my lifts have not progressed either, I feel I'm really falling out of love with my weight training, I just don't seem to be making progress lately.

To top it off Im sick to death of going to the gym training alongside guys who use "illicit" substances, gains in mass and strength come so easy to them, even those who are not very experienced seem to gain very fast and easily, even if they are not particularly dedicated with their diet and training.

To put it bluntly, it makes me jealous.

But...as an acne suffer these are substances that I can never use, the impact they can have on acne prone skin is nothing short of jaw dropping (not in a good way!) so I would be a fool to risk it.

Iv been looking around on the bodybuilding sites for alternative, natural ways of "helping" my body to gain mass and strength without any chemical assistance, one thing that has been recommended to me on another forum is natural testosterone boosters, particularly products that contain Divanil,Forskolin, Avina Sativa, Tribulus Terrestris and Horny Goat Weed.

I'm just a bit concerned that by increasing natural testosterone production, they may also agrivate acne.

Guys on bbing forums seem to think I'll be o,k...but they arn'tl acne sufferers, so how could they possibly know?

Does anyone here have experience of these or any other natural testosterone boosters?

Edited by RonnieC

SLEEP - get 8-10 hours a night WITHOUT FAIL. This is by far and away the best way to keep test at its peak.

Don't eat for ~2 hours before doing to bed. Reasoning is because eating releases insulin which blunts testosterone release. Eating before bed will blunt the natural GH release during sleep. Some people will say "well I eat before bed and it hasn't affected gains", but what have they got to compare it to? It will still work, but isn't OPTIMAL.

Make sure your eating enough. if you have been making good gains up until late, then maybe you have put on weight but havn't adjusted your calorie intake sufficiently? Eat more basically, and review progress over the next month.

Try and stop yourself becoming stressed. Stress releases cortisol, which directly blunts testosterone production. Cortisol increases fat gain and also the use of amino acid pools from your muscles. Cortisol also increases estrogen, which competes for the same resources at testosterone, which further lowers it. Make sure you keep stress low by avoiding stressful situations in life, but just as importantly by getting enough sleep.

Increase fat intake, especially saturated fats. I did have a link for this but can't remember where, but its most definately fact. Eat more fats to optimise hormone levels.

These are a few of the biggies, sleep probably being the most important factor, although they are all very important.

Hope this helps!

Edited by ben90

Yeah I know what ya mean dude. It sucks us people can't just take whatever is out there to get us bigger and stronger because it will make us break out like no other. I honestly think the best way is to eat very clean, with a lot of proteins. Work out hard, stretch, and sleep well.

Actually dude now you have me googling stuff about this. From what I have read what causes acne in all the get ripped stuff is that it is "dirty protein". That only clean proteins out of foods or clean simple amino acids are the only things that won't break us out.

So are there are clean amino acids that naturally build muscle that won't break us acne-prone people out?

@sleep without fail but what if you have to go to the toilet?

Try not drinking an hour or two before you goto sleep?... :confused:

becareful of any advice in this thread

i've posted this before: i've taken A LOT of anabolics and as long as my diet is low glycemic load I don't break out AT ALL. I discovered the acne and diet connection training naturally shoving carbs down my throat.

I'm talking 1gram of testosterone a week (this is 4 males worth) + trenbolone (the most androgenic steroid there is) at the same time and I had no acne as long as diet is in check. this is just ME, and in my case my half dollar nodules were due to a problem via skin cells and blockage of pores aggravated through diet. I dont see how oil is going to have trouble getting through an unblocked pore.

unless youve been on a 10g of fat a day diet for months on end, saturated fat is going to have negligible impact on hormone levels lol. I laugh everytime I read this. and it definitely isn't going to change your training results. same for the scam herbal stuff you listed. they are out for the money from guys like you.

small changes within normal testosterone ranges are going to have no impact whatsoever.

Edited by captshiner

Im already dehydrated enough when waking up...

You think being hydrated when you sleep is more important than getting a full nights sleep? :doh:

becareful of any advice in this thread

unless youve been on a 10g of fat a day diet for months on end, saturated fat is going to have negligible impact on hormone levels lol. I laugh everytime I read this. and it definitely isn't going to change your training results. same for the scam herbal stuff you listed. they are out for the money from guys like you.

I said saturated fats allows for optimal hormone levels, I didnt actually say that saturated fat increases testosterone, although there have been studies to show it makes a difference.

You think being hydrated when you sleep is more important than getting a full nights sleep? :doh:

apparently not :P

Ah! Yes another gym goer who's progress mysteriously slows down after 2-3 years. Did you expect the fun to last forever? No sir! Those gains you originally had will never be repeated again. Enjoy your days now of lifting and maintaining your gains. Soon you will grow old and no matter how much you lift or eat, your muscle will slowly disintegrate away no matter what. Instead, you will be going to the gym out of desperation... desperation to remember what it was once like to be able to keep your muscle mass....

also adding, my total test b/c of gear usage was 180 ng/dL. this is that of a 90 year old man, no exagerration. so low for a male I was advised to get a bonescan. even with this level If I eat a high carb/high GI load diet, I break out in cystic acne just as bad as ever.

high testesterone does not necessarily mean acne. hypertesteronemia is not typical in an acne patient. this is documented in medical literature.

Edited by captshiner

monounsaturated fat.

state of mind might do something, only support the winning teams etc and try not to lose at anything.

You cant get bigger without eating more [or taking roids] and without taking stuff putting on muscle mass without fat is pretty hard so just eat eat eat, you know all this anyway.

Look into increasing sensitivity to insulin and its effects if you dont know it already, you can take insulin but not a good idea really.