Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi All,

I have a very confusing and sad problem going on and a help and experience from you guys will be so helpful.

So the problem started 2 years back. I started getting very very oily skin with too much acne which I never had before. The GP kept giving me antibiotic and I kept insisting that I need to be referred to dermatologist.

So to the cut long story short he reffered to the derm this year July and I got the appointment for Sept after a long wait. I have got severe scars of acne now. I went to derm and she referred me the isotretinion which is same as accutane right? She started with 20mg. Now my bad luck she asked me to have a follow up visit after a month and she will increase my dose. I missed the date and got discharged from the list and then had to get the referral again which is another 2 months wait and is due on Monday the 13th Dec :( so missed 2 months of treatment already. I reckon it will start all over again. Now the problem becomes even more worse knowing that I may be getting married in Sept next year and I may have to meet the groom's family in Feb next year. Since then I am so worried and depressed. I am hopegful that accutane will help me get rid of acne as I had amazing results in just one month with 20mg. No more new acne and not oily at all. But I am so worried and depressed because of my scars.

I have been thinking, that if I can get a one sitting of chemical peel before I ll go on Acne. So if I can get it sometime next week and start taking accutane after a week or so. Would that be good? Will that help? Because I have read that you can not have skin peeling treatment right after accutane and you should wait for 6months or so and I dont have that much time now :( if the treament will start in Dec it will last may be till April or May and then wedding in Sept :( so when will i get the skin peel done? Can anyone help me or suggest me . How long I can wait after I finish on accutane and safely do a skin peel and one which one? How long does it take to show its benefits. Is it worht doing a one peel before I will start Accutane. Just to fade the spots. I also read in here on boards that you can do a peel after 8 weeks which is 2 months right? So if I finish in April then Can I do it in june or july?

Please help me ..I feel so depressed and worried at times and also that I am not gona look pretty on my wedding :( I am quite fair and the spots are really red.. not deep but seems redness under the skin...

Your help and any expereince will be so helpful.

Thanks All

Yeah, you're not supposed to use that stuff until 6 months after accutane. But honestly, I think the best thing you can do for spots is just use a good moisturizer, drink a lot of water, and leave them alone. Imo, the peels don't really help, they just temporarily make the rest of your skin a bit red so it looks like the spots have faded, but in fact they don't do that much.

after your treatment you can use emu oil for scars, ive seen people use it while on accutane and it worked