Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Timehealsall

ive come to a conclusion

Guest Timehealsall

Ok so i am sorry for all the posts lately, but ive come to a conclusion, so people who want to try the regimen, be wary of this.

For some odd reason, i noticed pores on my nose started becoming dilated and are so big, that you can see them from miles away.

It all happened very quickly and it got me wondering, what the fuck is going on.

Well, im also on the acne.org regimen and i started using it also on my nose because i started getting acne there. I got pretty bad flakiness/deadskin/dryness on my nose, so i started rubbing the dead/flaky skinn off my nose (not that gently, id rub moderately).

So i have come to a conclusion that:

a) either the rubbing dead skin off my skin or the dead skin itself has irritated and enlarged my pores

b) benzoyl peroxide is enlarging my pores

c) jojoba oil, which i believe is the main culprit, is enlarging my pores. I notice that sometimes when i do the jojoba exfoliation method, i notice new enlarged pores. Acne.org moisturizer also contains jojoba oil.

The most awkward part of this is that i am not getting enlarged pores ANYWHERE except my nose, and i am applying the acne.org regimen everywhere.

So, for what its worth, just a caution for those who want to try it.

Now i wonder how i can make my pores return to its previous state....

Well it obviously didn't enlarge your pores if it only did it on your nose, yet you used the regimen on your ENTIRE face.

EVERYONE, or damn near it, have bigger pores on their nose/cheeks/forehead, its a fact of life, people just have to deal with it.

And i'm PRETTY sure the regimen didn't cause this to happen to you, either, you're probably just noticing it more because you're paranoid, like people thinking BP causes wrinkles.

I find it a bit... bothering, that people constantly post threads like this, and end up scaring people looking to try the regimen, as if it will suddenly happen to everyone if they try it.

BP doesn't enlarge your pores, jojoba doesn't enlarge your pores, hell, most, if not all products DO NOT affect pore size in anyway, they just make them appear that way.

Guest Timehealsall

dood im not trying to scare people away. Look, i have this weird OCD where i have to look at every inch of my face. I did this before i started the regimen. Now, i do have big pores on my nose and these pores usually had black stuff on them (Blackheads, sebacious filaments?) but they NEVER ever looked pitted in any light.

Now these same pores still have the black stuff, BUT i am noticing on what seems to be a frequent basis, that a new "icepick" type pore appears on my nose. These are different in that they are pitted. The regular enlarged pores DO NOT look pitted whatsoever.

Now, i started the regimen, and these started showing up. It seems on somne areas of my nose, the area seems normal, and a scarred pore shows up. But in other areas, i get a small pimple (VERY SMALL pimples, you cant even really feel it), but once that pimple goes away, it seems like a scarred pore is left behind. But the pimple only has left like 2 scarred pores. The other scarred pores just RANDOMLY appeared.

I swear, i never had these before, as i told you i have OCD and i inspect my face everyday thoroughly. They started appearing as soon as i started the regimen and jojoba oil/acne.org moisturizer.

actually it isnt enlarging your pores. everyone is born with a certain pore size and you cant change that. what happens is the bp is probably causing your acne to go away faster then your skin can repair itself so it leaves a hole. this also happened to me on accutane and its happening again on bp. the scars will go away. but another possibility is when you have stuff in your pores and it clears out your pores appear to be larger. but it cant actually change sizes unless its a scar or just an illusion ie everything clearing out.

Guest Timehealsall
actually it isnt enlarging your pores. everyone is born with a certain pore size and you cant change that. what happens is the bp is probably causing your acne to go away faster then your skin can repair itself so it leaves a hole. this also happened to me on accutane and its happening again on bp. the scars will go away. but another possibility is when you have stuff in your pores and it clears out your pores appear to be larger. but it cant actually change sizes unless its a scar or just an illusion ie everything clearing out.

umm, can bp also cause very shallow indents/lines? Cuz i developed 3 of these lines on the areas of my skin that had a lot of dead skin. Will this go away?

Well it obviously didn't enlarge your pores if it only did it on your nose, yet you used the regimen on your ENTIRE face.

EVERYONE, or damn near it, have bigger pores on their nose/cheeks/forehead, its a fact of life, people just have to deal with it.

And i'm PRETTY sure the regimen didn't cause this to happen to you, either, you're probably just noticing it more because you're paranoid, like people thinking BP causes wrinkles.

I find it a bit... bothering, that people constantly post threads like this, and end up scaring people looking to try the regimen, as if it will suddenly happen to everyone if they try it.

BP doesn't enlarge your pores, jojoba doesn't enlarge your pores, hell, most, if not all products DO NOT affect pore size in anyway, they just make them appear that way.

He's not trying to scare people away. He's just stating what he thinks. And, I find you a bit bothering with your assumptions and shit.

umm, can bp also cause very shallow indents/lines? Cuz i developed 3 of these lines on the areas of my skin that had a lot of dead skin. Will this go away?

Bp gave me some lines too. That's only because I wasn't moisturizing...I think.

dood im not trying to scare people away. Look, i have this weird OCD where i have to look at every inch of my face. I did this before i started the regimen. Now, i do have big pores on my nose and these pores usually had black stuff on them (Blackheads, sebacious filaments?) but they NEVER ever looked pitted in any light.

Now these same pores still have the black stuff, BUT i am noticing on what seems to be a frequent basis, that a new "icepick" type pore appears on my nose. These are different in that they are pitted. The regular enlarged pores DO NOT look pitted whatsoever.

Now, i started the regimen, and these started showing up. It seems on somne areas of my nose, the area seems normal, and a scarred pore shows up. But in other areas, i get a small pimple (VERY SMALL pimples, you cant even really feel it), but once that pimple goes away, it seems like a scarred pore is left behind. But the pimple only has left like 2 scarred pores. The other scarred pores just RANDOMLY appeared.

I swear, i never had these before, as i told you i have OCD and i inspect my face everyday thoroughly. They started appearing as soon as i started the regimen and jojoba oil/acne.org moisturizer.

It could very well be the BP. The BP ruined my face, but I was doing it 2x a day. Now I only apply the BP at night time and I'm good to go. I'm weaning myself off of the BP. It's just too time consuming. By the way, I have OCD too. It flares up and down. Sometimes it's horrible, sometimes it's very light. Lately, it's been light. Thank god......

Each person has different skin and they might react horrible to the regimen or react wonderfully and get crystal clear skin. The BP made my face more red, gave me some lines, I am now more sensitive to stuff.

He's not trying to scare people away. He's just stating what he thinks. And, I find you a bit bothering with your assumptions and shit.

No need to get snarky.

I have heard that Jojoba oil enlarges pores.

But when BP makes me peal my pores shrink again so i wouldnt think its the BP. It just probrably gets rid of gunk and reveals the pores more.

Like I always say:

Get drunk

-

buy a gun!

I really subscribe to the idea, mentioned by many people on this forum, that being on the regimen makes ones more attentive to the minor details of their skin. I think this attentiveness makes us think that things are new when they're really not. And, if before we were obsessing over acne on our skin, now we're obsessing over something different!

Just food for thought ;)

I have heard that Jojoba oil enlarges pores.

But when BP makes me peal my pores shrink again so i wouldnt think its the BP. It just probrably gets rid of gunk and reveals the pores more.

Like I always say:

Get drunk

-

buy a gun!

No need to get snarky.

No need to assume he is scaring people away from the regimen. *moderator edit*.

No need to get snarky.

No need to assume he is scaring people away from the regimen. *moderator edit*.

I'm not even going to bother.