Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bina123

I'm upset because Retin-A ruined my forhead

I never used to get pimples on my forhead. It was the one part of my face that was always clear. But I used retin A and I started getting those tiny pimples on my forhead. When I got off of retin-a those little pimples never fully went away. I've been off of it for a month. I'm seeing some progress, It's clearing little by little.

Will my forhead ever go back to normal? Is it possible that retin A ruined my glands or something like that? It's really upsetting because last week my grandma was like "What happened to your forhead?" ahhhh!!!!! I want my regular forhead skin back

Hi, Gina. How long did you use retin-a and how long ago did you stop? I don't know if the area of your forhead will revert to not producing pimples anymore like before, but you could try using BP on it.

You probably won't like this suggestion, but you might want to go back to using retin-a. It takes a long time (several months) to see the full benefits. It's common to see a worsening effect with this kind of topical before it gets better, but once the full benefits kick in people are happy with the product.

Hi, Gina. How long did you use retin-a and how long ago did you stop? I don't know if the area of your forhead will revert to not producing pimples anymore like before, but you could try using BP on it.

You probably won't like this suggestion, but you might want to go back to using retin-a. It takes a long time (several months) to see the full benefits. It's common to see a worsening effect with this kind of topical before it gets better, but once the full benefits kick in people are happy with the product.

I was on it for about three weeks.

I knowwww it has that "purging period" but I can't get through it. It was too bad and my skin was peeling off everywhere.

I have been using benzclin on it and that really didn't help. I recently tried sulfur masks on my forhead, and suprisingly it had good results.

I knowwww it has that "purging period" but I can't get through it. It was too bad and my skin was peeling off everywhere.

I have been using benzclin on it and that really didn't help. I recently tried sulfur masks on my forhead, and suprisingly it had good results.

doubtful tretinoin can ruin your "glands" - sometimes tretinoin can cause irritation and thus purging. Maybe you should have used a moisturizer on top of the tretinoin to ease the flaking or perhaps you should have used it less? It's hard to say... just don't panic and stick to one thing long enough before you change to another thing or else you're going to go crazy!!

I just started it a wk ago. No IB yet, fingers crossed, I'm also on Minocycline which might be the reason as well. U need to give it at least 6 wks!!

I'm on my therapy for the next 3 months, thats my next app.

Dec 6 was my 1st ever Derm app. I can already tell a difference in my skin.

U should never stop a treatment a doc puts u on!

Three weeks? There's your problem right there. :P Please read the following post on how topical retinoids work and why patience and perseverance is required when using topical retinoids: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Info-reti...ial-t98395.html Please also realize that at least three months on the medication is required for noticing full benefit. You may experience an 'initial breakout' (explained in previous link) that's due to the purging effect of retinoids.

Also, Benzaclin is potent stuff even when used alone. If you use that in conjunction with retin-a make sure to use it sparingly so you don't peel. A little bit really goes a long way.

If the sulfur masks are working that's great! :)

Also, Benzaclin is potent stuff even when used alone. If you use that in conjunction with retin-a make sure to use it sparingly so you don't peel. A little bit really goes a long way.

If the sulfur masks are working that's great! :)

It's almost back to normal now!!!

Everytime I use the sulfur mask at night, I wake up the next morning & it looks so much better.

Edited by Gina1234