Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ducky8989

Accutane & Scarring

Has anyone else experienced worse scarring while on accutane and then seen it heal afterwards? I have never gotten red marks that have stayed as long as they do now, and I am also noticing that a lot of the marks appear to be becoming indented... should I expect this to be permament? I know accutane is supposed to mess up the healing process but I am really hoping that my skin recovers from this after treatment!

I cant say for the face, because I never got huge cysts on it, but my back definitely scarred, it's been 7 or 8 years now and they've become slightly less noticeable but they'll always be there

I don't get huge cysts at all actually... I was put on accutane for EXTREMELY stubborn moderate acne.. mostly papules and pustules with the occasional tiny cyst. does this mean my scars are less likely to be permanent?

All I know is that accutane made me scar more. I had pretty moderate to bad acne for 3 or so years before taking accutane and I used to pick at it and pop and only ever got one indented scar on my cheek, I just finished accutane and during the course I've got pretty bad scarring on both cheeks and jaw line and chin.

Im taking it now, and I notice that my spots are starting to fade slighly, however I get various bumps on my face which looks like a few spots that have been placed together to create a bump (if you get me) however they usually fade quickly after a few days.